Cruyff passed away

El Flaco

Thank you

“On behalf of my mother, sisters and the rest of the family I would like to say thank you for all the love, kind words and memories that have been shared with us, since yesterday but also over the past months. It has touched us deeply that Johan was such an inspiration to many of you. We would like to express our special thanks to all the doctors and medical staff who have supported us until the end.” Jordi Cruyff

The family is currently making arrangements for a private farewell to Johan as their beloved husband, father, grandfather and friend.

Once again, we do ask you to respect the privacy of the family in these emotional and sensitive times.

We are aware that many people would like to pay tribute to and celebrate Johan’s life. We are also aware that various tributes in memory of Johan will take place and we welcome any kind of celebration in honor of his life. However, it’s important to mention that none of them are memorials organized or endorsed by the Cruyff family or Cruyff management.

In the upcoming days we will communicate via www.johancruyff.com when a memorial endorsed by the family and Cruyff Management will take place.

On behalf of the family,
Cruyff Management

PS We know and approve of the tributes organized by FC Barcelona, Ajax and KNVB. – Cruyff Management-

https://www.worldofjohancruyff.com/

Sydney Blaugrana

I can't believe it. I am still in shock.

My fiancee told me the Great Man had passed away after we came home from the Australia v Tajikistan World Cup qualifier.

Cruyff was not only the greatest Barcelona player ever, he was the greatest European player ever and he moulded and shaped the way Barcelona is today.

We wouldn't have gone on to become the club we are if weren't for the Great Man.

R.I.P Johan Cruyff, you've left a wonderful legacy at Barcelona and we thank you eternally from the bottom of our hearts.

Gnidrologist

The impact Cruijff has had on Ajax and Barca, two of the greatest clubs ever still echoes trough the world till this day.
I think when ot comes to influence and contributing, its hard to find anyone who gave more to the football world and helped change it in a positive way. Barca would be nowhere near where it is today if it wasnt for him, we probably would not even be fans.
Rest in peace, el Salvador
It's all correct, especially about Barca, but i think amongst all the 'rips' some people are forgetting Rinus Michels, pupil of which Cruiff was. He refined his ideas, sure. Didn't want to be spoilsport itt, just reminding, who was the originator of totaalvoetbal.

Drexl

Beautiful and touching words from Jordi.
I remember he was so talented, but the pressure never let him achieve his possibilities.

BarçaBarça

Really sad - and a bit surprising, I thought he was getting better :cry:

If the word 'legend' ever made any sense, it is now :worthy:
Made Barca what we are today, with the playing style admired around the world. Like Pep said, he revolutionized 4 teams completely (Ajax, Barca, Netherlands, Spain)

I'm hoping for a beautiful tribute before the Clasico.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta cried like a baby. :( Uncle flo came and said some kind words. Nice gesture from him.

Yeah, for the first time I have a lot of respect for Florentino Perez.

Also it was nice for the Espanyol board members to come and pay tribute to Cruyff.

raskolnikov

Everyone is being super respectful about it of course, which is great. I hope there will be a huge tribute in el classico and we win the game for Johan.

ManusXavi

There is not a place in the world where this isn't making news. Not just the news of his passing but an acknowledgement from all corners of the globe that it was him that brought the philosophy of football to Barcelona and Ajax football that has become so famously performed by our club during the past 25 years.

Home of Barca Fans