Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Gr8 timing from your behalf though ,I will take IELTS exam in a week and haven't studied a word yet. way to make me feel confident about my chances of getting the result I want :lol:
You don't need to know words to get good score in that man. Don't worry, you'll get what you wanted. Wish you the best

khorne

Which makes it even more sad because no matter how hard he flexed and goes nuts about his preparation he will always be in Messi, relaxed family man's, shadow.

Since you mention it, if we consider that narrative of messi being all talent and ronaldo being all training (while obviously it's not that black and white in reality, that's how the majority of fans see it) who would you guys say is the better role model for young players? Because in all honesty, if i had to motivate a kid to never give up and always try to improve, i'd tell him the story of how ronaldo kept challenging the overall most talented player ever for years, even into his 30s because he was always pushing himself further and stayed focused and disciplined till the end. all bias aside, that's a good story on ronaldo's part.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Since you mention it, if we consider that narrative of messi being all talent and ronaldo being all training (while obviously it's not that black and white in reality, that's how the majority of fans see it) who would you guys say is the better role model for young players? Because in all honesty, if i had to motivate a kid to never give up and always try to improve, I'd tell him the story of how Ronaldo kept challenging the overall most talented player ever for years, even into his 30s because he was always pushing himself further and stayed focused and disciplined till the end. all bias aside, that's a good story on Ronaldo's part.
Definitely. Hard work pays. And talent is actually over-rated.

But, Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely not a great role model. Keeps on advertising narcissism, whining and stuff. He got lucky with his Ballon d'Or at least once for his last two.

I would say, the best role model? Iniesta or Xavi.... Or Carles freaking Puyol for that matter.
This does not come out of bias.... But true, sincere and honest opinion on my part. Like for example I would NOT say Neymar would make a good role model. Or Suarez for that matter (I mean he would have been the perfect role model if it were not for his hand ball or biting incidents. The guy is an epitome of fighting against all odds and reaching the top!)

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Talent alone gets you nowhere.

Messi is not just riding on his talent. He wouldn't have made it this big without putting the extra yards in. He's also someone who regularly trains at the facility when the coaches have given the squad day(s) off.

khaled_a_d

Since you mention it, if we consider that narrative of messi being all talent and ronaldo being all training (while obviously it's not that black and white in reality, that's how the majority of fans see it) who would you guys say is the better role model for young players? Because in all honesty, if i had to motivate a kid to never give up and always try to improve, i'd tell him the story of how ronaldo kept challenging the overall most talented player ever for years, even into his 30s because he was always pushing himself further and stayed focused and disciplined till the end. all bias aside, that's a good story on ronaldo's part.

First ,I have to say I totally disagree with Bojan.
Cr7 being a hardworker is admirable to say at least.the guy gave Messi a gr8 rivalry .There is probably no player vs player rivalry as big as those two in the history.It has been long gr8 dominating years and he has really challenged Messi no matter how we (Barca fans) try to deny it or underestimate him.

Second,I also totally disagree with the whole notion of Cr7 being all training & Messi all talent.I think both are pretty equal in terms of talent to hard work ratio of their greatness.
I mean what is talent? People prefer to put talent as dribbling but for me it is way more than that.It is the natural ability of the player to do what he wants on the pitch .
For example I think Xavi is really talented.he is a gr8 passer who just put the ball where he wants .Puyol/Nesta/Cannavaro are naturally gifted defenders too. Neuer,Buffon are talente GK .

Messi is a talented dribbler,he has that low center of gravity that allows him to directions and speed smoothly .he has non human ball control and the ball never get away from his feet.
But Messi is limited physically .People keep saying how short players excels in football but if you look at the lists of the ballon d'or or other award & all time greats .the list of shorter player than Messi(1,69) are actually slim .Maradona was shorter and he made shorter player look greater .but simple in most cases most gr8 players are 1,73 or taller rather than the opposite.
Messi is also isn't freakishly fast either,gr8 quickness but not a Robben or Cr7 type of speed.not very athletic .Those are all areas of limitations
Also when Messi career first started ,he was a player who plays with his head down .he made lots of wrong decisions .didn't know when to pass,didn't know how to make a gr8 pass .lacked gr8 finishing ,wasn't gr8 FK shooter
He reached the level of being one of the best finisher in the world and probably the best playmaker right now too .can control the game .can score in anyway .gr8 FK shooter etc.This is all hard work
His body was weak ,and he developed it.he has done it with hard work too.people tend to forget how injury prone was Messi until he was 21 .he then got his own trainer and nutritionist .It was said that even during days off he spent more time with him than his GF.they taught him how to take care of everything about his body .even when tackled how to try to minimize the effect when falling to avoid injury .He doesn't have Cr7 type of "muscular body" simply because it isn't the nature of his body .if he tried it it could destroy his game.he is putting the necessary amount of muscles .
He also rejuvenated that again in 2014 .again hired a new personal trainer and changed everything to get back to his best
His dedication and hard work is off the charts .just because he doesn't feel the need to keep talking about it doesn't mean he is comparable to Cr7 to it

As for Christiano ,the guy is full of talent .He is probably the best athlete football has ever seen.his combination of speed,athleticism,length and the ability of his body to develop that strength without losing his speed & athleticism is just insane.He was also one of the world greatest dribbler.yes still not close to Messi at that area but was very gr8 when he was younger
His hard work is also undeniable .but so is the god gifts he had. Again insane physical tools and talents

serghei

Talent alone gets you nowhere.

Messi is not just riding on his talent. He wouldn't have made it this big without putting the extra yards in. He's also someone who regularly trains at the facility when the coaches have given the squad day(s) off.

Of course. But Ronaldo surely works harder. Messi is more naturally gifted, Ronaldo works harder to better himself, without implying that Ronaldo doesn't have talent or that Messi didn't have to work hard for what he achieved. Their games show the dominant element in their success. For Messi it's talent above all, for Ronaldo it's his work routine.

Last edited:
First ,I have to say I totally disagree with Bojan.
Cr7 being a hardworker is admirable to say at least.the guy gave Messi a gr8 rivalry .There is probably no player vs player rivalry as big as those two in the history.It has been long gr8 dominating years and he has really challenged Messi no matter how we (Barca fans) try to deny it or underestimate him.

Second,I also totally disagree with the whole notion of Cr7 being all training & Messi all talent.I think both are pretty equal in terms of talent to hard work ratio of their greatness.
I mean what is talent? People prefer to put talent as dribbling but for me it is way more than that.It is the natural ability of the player to do what he wants on the pitch .
For example I think Xavi is really talented.he is a gr8 passer who just put the ball where he wants .Puyol/Nesta/Cannavaro are naturally gifted defenders too. Neuer,Buffon are talente GK .

Messi is a talented dribbler,he has that low center of gravity that allows him to directions and speed smoothly .he has non human ball control and the ball never get away from his feet.
But Messi is limited physically .People keep saying how short players excels in football but if you look at the lists of the ballon d'or or other award & all time greats .the list of shorter player than Messi(1,69) are actually slim .Maradona was shorter and he made shorter player look greater .but simple in most cases most gr8 players are 1,73 or taller rather than the opposite.
Messi is also isn't freakishly fast either,gr8 quickness but not a Robben or Cr7 type of speed.not very athletic .Those are all areas of limitations
Also when Messi career first started ,he was a player who plays with his head down .he made lots of wrong decisions .didn't know when to pass,didn't know how to make a gr8 pass .lacked gr8 finishing ,wasn't gr8 FK shooter
He reached the level of being one of the best finisher in the world and probably the best playmaker right now too .can control the game .can score in anyway .gr8 FK shooter etc.This is all hard work
His body was weak ,and he developed it.he has done it with hard work too.people tend to forget how injury prone was Messi until he was 21 .he then got his own trainer and nutritionist .It was said that even during days off he spent more time with him than his GF.they taught him how to take care of everything about his body .even when tackled how to try to minimize the effect when falling to avoid injury .He doesn't have Cr7 type of "muscular body" simply because it isn't the nature of his body .if he tried it it could destroy his game.he is putting the necessary amount of muscles .
He also rejuvenated that again in 2014 .again hired a new personal trainer and changed everything to get back to his best
His dedication and hard work is off the charts .just because he doesn't feel the need to keep talking about it doesn't mean he is comparable to Cr7 to it

As for Christiano ,the guy is full of talent .He is probably the best athlete football has ever seen.his combination of speed,athleticism,length and the ability of his body to develop that strength without losing his speed & athleticism is just insane.He was also one of the world greatest dribbler.yes still not close to Messi at that area but was very gr8 when he was younger
His hard work is also undeniable .but so is the god gifts he had. Again insane physical tools and talents

great post, you'll ace that test :p

I'd only insist on Messi's talent. The guy became a world class passer at 23, which means that he always had the crazy latent ability on top of the work to improve himself.
That's how i explain messi's greatness to pagans, anyway. He's one of the greatest ever in the three crucial and completely separate areas of the sport: dribbling, shooting, passing.
I've only seen one player get close to this level for a couple weeks , and that's october neymar (didn't watch Ronnie)

RMU ReBorn

I would tell the story of a guy who overcame all the hurdles even a serious Illness and went on to become best player ever , with his Hardwork Dedication and talent. One who gets upset when ever his team mates Scores or celebrates a goal is never a good role model

Home of Barca Fans