Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Because he is the main reason Barça has been superior to rm for the past 10 years. Messi can be respected by madridistas, as he isn't a jerk as cr. But liked? I highly doubt it. Unless one is not really a madridista, just a light supporter.

I respect some rm players and legends, like Raul and Casillas, and Benzema, James, Bale, Marcelo. But I don't like them. But cr is certainly one I don't respect. And it's not about his talent, as I acknowledge he is one of the greats, it's just because of how he is and acts.

I've been watching RM since I was a kid and since nowadays I don't have much time, RM games are literally the only ones that I watch. Sure I don't love/like Messi but I respect him as a player. It's not like I'll be like " Fucking Messi, I wish he'd die" , it's more like " Fucking Messi, I wish he was in our team". Ronaldo isn't that much of a jerk anyways, there are plenty of players who do much worse things and don't get as much stick as Ronaldo does.

F

Flavia

I've been watching RM since I was a kid and since nowadays I don't have much time, RM games are literally the only ones that I watch. Sure I don't love/like Messi but I respect him as a player. It's not like I'll be like " Fucking Messi, I wish he'd die" , it's more like " Fucking Messi, I wish he was in our team". Ronaldo isn't that much of a jerk anyways, there are plenty of players who do much worse things and don't get as much stick as Ronaldo does.

I don't wish ill to cr either. But yes, he is a jerk. I'm not talking about other players here, just him. The most stick cr gets is because of how he behaves. Punching players, getting send off and then showing off his cwc badge, to name one of a long list.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
For all of you saying that RM/Ronaldo gets more penalties:
"Cristiano has scored the same number of penalties in 2015 as Messi (both 8) even though Messi has taken 3 more penalty kicks."
And hasn't Messi played more matches than CR7 has? What with Copa America and Barca playing two more cups?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cristiano Ronaldo is a very good player. Possibly one of the best players currently active.

Actually one of the best players of all time.... Even probably amongst the top 20 of all time! But it remains a fact that he is a cnut, a narcissist and does not deserve to be called someone better than Leo!

Ritchie

Ronaldo works quite hard for those tap-ins. Might not be magesterial but it's damn effective and sometimes quite nice to watch. He's not controlling the game like Messi but he's doing a hell of a job.

Oh come on. He's playing in a great side with players of the calibre of James, Benzema, Modric, Bale, Isco, Kovacic. Any forward with good movement will get a load of chances in the box against a lot of the crap in La Liga or weak CL opponents. Put him up front for Granada and he'd have to work a lot harder just to score half the goals and he wouldn't get half the amount of Penaldos. His sheer obsession with scoring goals helps him rack up the stats in games that are won after 20 minutes anyway and the defence have given up.

He treats the last 10 minutes of a game Real are 5-0 up in the same as the last 10 minutes of a big game Real need a goal in because to him a goal is a goal.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Well he's a player and there's no need to hate a player because he's playing good. I actually like Messi,Neymar,Raki,Iniesta,Puyol etc and I won't hate them because they cost my team some titles. It's part of the game.

United fans hate Gerard. Liverpool fans hate Keane, Beckham. Rangers fans hate Larasson. Yes Madristas can respect Messi but they don't like him and never will, just like Barca fans will never like Ronaldo.

Barcafan 2304

Got to say though that while i still strongly dislike his posturing, posing and preening, I have warmed to his charitable side. He does contribute a lot and takes time out to meet people and endorse positive charity work. Fair play to him

raskolnikov

Got to say though that while i still strongly dislike his posturing, posing and preening, I have warmed to his charitable side. He does contribute a lot and takes time out to meet people and endorse positive charity work. Fair play to him

Its just standard marketing/pr team work to make up for his bad image.

Barcafan 2304

Maybe, maybe not but still, we praise our players for charity work so I'm not going to be a hypocrite and downplay ronaldos. Fair play to him

Morten

Looking back, i wonder what he would have become/achieved, if he continued his way of playing from 06/07 instead of building himself in to a goalscoring machine. He was a completely different player back then, if he had built on that i wonder what would have happened.
Ofc, looking at what he has done, the records he has smashed, both individual and collective, its difficult to say he made the wrong choice. But i would like to see what happened in a alt-universe, from 06/07.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Looking back, i wonder what he would have become/achieved, if he continued his way of playing from 06/07 instead of building himself in to a goalscoring machine. He was a completely different player back then, if he had built on that i wonder what would have happened.
Ofc, looking at what he has done, the records he has smashed, both individual and collective, its difficult to say he made the wrong choice. But i would like to see what happened in a alt-universe, from 06/07.

In all seriousness, I blame knees and Messi. Knees because he lost some pace and power because of the injury and Messi because he forced him to change. If there was no Messi ,Ronaldo wouldn't need to alter his playstyle completely to compete for the Ballon D'Or. He'd be undisputed even with his old style and much less goals.
He needs to step up today, it's a pretty big game. First real test, away vs Bilbao. We had like 8-9 clean sheets in a row last year and it ended at Bilbao's stadium.

valk

In all seriousness, I blame knees and Messi. Knees because he lost some pace and power because of the injury and Messi because he forced him to change. If there was no Messi ,Ronaldo wouldn't need to alter his playstyle completely to compete for the Ballon D'Or. He'd be undisputed even with his old style and much less goals.
He needs to step up today, it's a pretty big game. First real test, away vs Bilbao. We had like 8-9 clean sheets in a row last year and it ended at Bilbao's stadium.

Ronaldo scored 40+ before Messi did. He became the player he is today in 07-08. Messi is just inhuman considering what he does.

oggydude

Its just standard marketing/pr team work to make up for his bad image.

If Messi was doing it I bet you wouldn't be saying that. Ronaldo is extremely self centred but is not a bad guy that some people make him out to be. Behind Messi he is arguably the 2nd best player I've watched, his goal return for Real and success at United has been phenomenal. Never watched Pele/Maradona but did they stay as consistent as Ronaldo for nearly a decade.

Home of Barca Fans