Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

El Flaco

Kohe321

Apparently he is putting both his own and his mothers house up for sale in Madrid.

Kind of an odd move if he is planning to stay in Madrid next season, don't you think? This clasico is likely the last where we see Messi against Cristiano, barring us meeting them in the CL.

Last edited:

Catalan Fan

I'm of the opinion now that he won't leave RM until he retires, unless it's to play in USA for his swansong but even that's a long shot.

I don't see any big European club shelling out to buy him now, so I recon both RM n Ronaldo will have that awkward "marriage" to continue.That could mean another 3/4 yrs of RM stagnating due to him staying.

I don't know, just my impression.

NotInHere

I wonder if Florentino has the guts to sell him, or if Cristiano will be the one to ask to leave, he is too big of a player to just sell eventhough he has declined

He's a Madrid legend, and you don't treat legends by just selling them wihout their consideration.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I wonder if Florentino has the guts to sell him, or if Cristiano will be the one to ask to leave, he is too big of a player to just sell eventhough he has declined

He's a Madrid legend, and you don't treat legends by just selling them wihout their consideration.
Raul and Casillas say hi

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Raul and Casillas say hi

Mourinho and others wanted Raul to stay but Raul wasn't gonna play second fiddle role to the likes of Benzema,Higuain etc. Casillas has declined so freaking much that he was gonna tarnish his legacy. He was so horrible and the fans started to turn on him. Be a legend or not,he was playing like Pinto. Valdes was also imported out when he declined. And in both cases they were sold for nothing and RM is even paying some of their salaries(Casillas) and plenty of bonuses were included. Not to mention that Raul playeded a special friendly vs RM,and he played one half for his current team, and one half for RM.
It's not the best treatment but it's mostly just exaggeration and hypocrisy.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Mourinho and others wanted Raul to stay but Raul wasn't gonna play second fiddle role to the likes of Benzema,Higuain etc. Casillas has declined so freaking much that he was gonna tarnish his legacy. He was so horrible and the fans started to turn on him. Be a legend or not,he was playing like Pinto. Valdes was also imported out when he declined. And in both cases they were sold for nothing and RM is even paying some of their salaries(Casillas) and plenty of bonuses were included. Not to mention that Raul playeded a special friendly vs RM,and he played one half for his current team, and one half for RM.

Casillas shouldn't have been kept for so long - I agree with that. Apparently he clinched to his position, but he performed worse than Lopez at the time - and reports said he didn't even met the standard at training - then you are not a role model any more. He played so bad it began to ruin his status a little, and that's why it was okay to try to make him leave. That said - the way the club handled his departure was a disgrace. Even though he did not want to leave, it surely could have been handled better - the clubs reaction to it made it look like it was some kind of unimportant sub who left.

You can't compare it with Valdes' departure! The club actually wanted him to stay, but couldn't convince him?!

Alik

What hypocrisy? Valdes asked to leave, despite everyone wanting him to stay.

Casillas was playing like Pinto? We actually played with Pinto for the remainder of that season and he left with more grace than your legend.

SKS-

Other than a few slips and errors, for the most part I thought Ronaldo played well. Goal aside too, off the ball he was far more active than he usually has been this season.

Morten

Other than a few slips and errors, for the most part I thought Ronaldo played well. Goal aside too, off the ball he was far more active than he usually has been this season.

His overall play wasnt anything special. But he did track back quite alot, which is something you dont see from him very often.

Home of Barca Fans