Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

I would feel bad too if I wouldn't know that even at that time Valencia and Deportivo were using money they didn't had, that most of the money for the Tv rights outside of Spain are going to Mediapro while the PL will win billions, that the presidents of La Liga clubs are living and getting rich at the expense of their clubs(see Sporting, Deportivo) or that many of them would make Gaspart look good(in fact if it weren't for Laporta we would be in the exact situation as Valencia or even worse). And let's not forget how the regional government saved Valencia while 6 M people are unemployed in Spain or that Atletico has to pay over 150 M euros to the "Hacienda"(don't know how to translate that in english). So I'm sorry, but as much as I hate Rosell and Florentino, they look like angels in comparison with other culprits of this situation.

IMO, La Liga's more competitive this season than it has been in any other season recently, despite Barca's massive lead at the top. Atletico and Malaga are doing really well. And let's be honest, no other top league (besides Serie A and Ligue 1) is much more competitive than La Liga this season (the PL and the Bundesliga are already over). There is still an issue with money and distribution of TV rights though.

Speaking of money, shouldn't Malaga theoretically be the richest club in Spain, since they have a sugar daddy owner? I hear they're having problems because of their owners though.

ShandyFFM

im a bit concerned he could score more goals than messi last season.... its a shame there are only game he doesnt score or game he score 3 goals... arrgghh

im a bit concerned he could score more goals than messi last season.... its a shame there are only game he doesnt score or game he score 3 goals... arrgghh

Btw, how many goals does Messi have in 2013?
Messi's probably gonna beat him this season. He has more goals right now than he did at this point last season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
IMO, La Liga's more competitive this season than it has been in any other season recently, despite Barca's massive lead at the top. Atletico and Malaga are doing really well. And let's be honest, no other top league (besides Serie A and Ligue 1) is much more competitive than La Liga this season (the PL and the Bundesliga are already over). There is still an issue with money and distribution of TV rights though.

Speaking of money, shouldn't Malaga theoretically be the richest club in Spain, since they have a sugar daddy owner? I hear they're having problems because of their owners though.

The owner got cold feet and stopped funding them and left them in debt for a lot of transfers. However their recent form has caused him to come back and invest another 7 million again but it might be a while before they can get his full support.

The owner got cold feet and stopped funding them and left them in debt for a lot of transfers. However their recent form has caused him to come back and invest another 7 million again but it might be a while before they can get his full support.

If he does give them his full support, that'll be great for La Liga. And if Atletico do sell Falcao, that could actually be good for La Liga, since they'll be able to strengthen their overall squad (or maybe get a replacement for Falcao like they did with Aguero, but I doubt they'll find someone better than Falcao).
Like I said, none of the other leagues, besides the Serie A and Ligue 1 have been much more competitive than La Liga this season. If anything, they've been less competitive. La Liga certainly has better teams than the PL. Barca would most likely be on top of the PL table by a good margin, and Atletico might be able to be second there as well. They could definitely be third.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If he does give them his full support, that'll be great for La Liga. And if Atletico do sell Falcao, that could actually be good for La Liga, since they'll be able to strengthen their overall squad (or maybe get a replacement for Falcao like they did with Aguero, but I doubt they'll find someone better than Falcao).
Like I said, none of the other leagues, besides the Serie A and Ligue 1 have been much more competitive than La Liga this season. If anything, they've been less competitive. La Liga certainly has better teams than the PL. Barca would most likely be on top of the PL table by a good margin, and Atletico might be able to be second there as well. They could definitely be third.

Malaga's owner will likely return to give them support after all the CL revenues come in. The amount of money that comes in from European competitions is astonishing. Last year, when Atletico won the Euro League, they got 7 million euros in profit. However, Manchester United dropped out in the group stages of the CL and still ended up with 16 million euros in profit. All the money from the champions league will boost Malaga's funds by a lot this year and help them pay off their debt. Atletico will also get an insane amount of money for their place in the CL next year and will be able to pay off their debt, buy a deeper squad, and maybe even keep Falcao.

Malaga's owner will likely return to give them support after all the CL revenues come in. The amount of money that comes in from European competitions is astonishing. Last year, when Atletico won the Euro League, they got 7 million euros in profit. However, Manchester United dropped out in the group stages of the CL and still ended up with 16 million euros in profit. All the money from the champions league will boost Malaga's funds by a lot this year and help them pay off their debt. Atletico will also get an insane amount of money for their place in the CL next year and will be able to pay off their debt, buy a deeper squad, and maybe even keep Falcao.

Indeed. All this should increase the competitiveness in La Liga. I still think Barca will win it again and Real will finish 2nd, just because they (Barca especially) are so good. It could definitely be a tighter battle though.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
He is in the mood to decimate his old team. I wouldn't want to be the United defence this week.

Banana-Rama

i suppose the difference is that in the prem there are a number of teams that can compete with each other financially, man utd, chelsea, man city, arsenal, tottenham, liverpool can all spend money on good players and can make a push for the title with the right management, other clubs like Southampton and QPR also have wealthy backers which can help to improve the overall standard of the league, the overwhelming dominance of Barca and Madrid scares off sugar daddies from taking over other clubs in the spanish league, until the money is fairly shared between every club in la liga it will not change......

Kerrybai

Why would you think that? Messi has a big lead in goals this season. 46-36. Last season Messi had 73. Ronaldo is still 37 behind that. He will struggle to pass his previous best of 60 from last year while Messi is on course to surpass 70 again.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Money doesn't equal quality though.

This.

Saying the BPL is better because it is more competitive is utter bullshit. There is one team that owns all since the beginning op the BPL in '92, and that is Manchester United. Chelsea are real contenders and Arsenal had a little stint in between, but SAF's boys are the ones that rule the BPL for years now. Since 2000, more teams have won La Liga than teams have won the BPL. Says enough.

Plus, in Europe the Spanish teams are doing very well. CL as well as Europa League. Eat that, England.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The top ten (aside from first and second) is more competitive and entertaining than La Liga. However, the quality in Spain is better.

Cule4life

The Culest
This.

Saying the BPL is better because it is more competitive is utter bullshit. There is one team that owns all since the beginning op the BPL in '92, and that is Manchester United. Chelsea are real contenders and Arsenal had a little stint in between, but SAF's boys are the ones that rule the BPL for years now. Since 2000, more teams have won La Liga than teams have won the BPL. Says enough.

Plus, in Europe the Spanish teams are doing very well. CL as well as Europa League. Eat that, England.

Nobody here is saying BPL has better football than La Liga. The debate is about competitiveness. Apart from Barca and Madrid no team in La liga is able to retain their best players to compete. All go to BPL. Even Tottenham have held on to Bale till now. While in La Liga teams like Valencia, Malaga lose their star players every year

Home of Barca Fans