Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Bertus

Its more fun for us fans to bash each other. I'm sure they don't give a crap about each other the way media and fans like to hype it up.
Probably.

There must be some rivalry (mainly on Ronaldo's side, since Messi knows he's the best anyways ;) ) but I doubt there's any murderous intent like some medias would want it to be.

Chainsaw

Killahead
It's amazing eh, Messi and Ronaldo do not bash each other like their fanboys do. Who knew. :lol:

Because they're not idiots? Well one of them is a bit, from what he says once in a while. But no sane player at this level come out and directly bash his rival. Media already make up enough BS without the players saying much. Imagine how will it be if the players actually say something controversial.

Athletes like Muhammad Ali are such rarities nowdays, who come out and deliberately taunt his opponents. Many athletes try to keep it 'politically correct' because that extra controversy they cause will eventually come back and harm themselves. So it's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Lomar1o

Everyone forgot the 'jail' comment?

i also remember ronaldo's butthurt comment on messi:

"You know where [Messi] was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said at the post-game press conference. "I think that's worse, no?"

dakt

It's amazing eh, Messi and Ronaldo do not bash each other like their fanboys do. Who knew. :lol:

No they are great lovers actually. Oh spare me. Ronaldo is twat like no other. It's easy now when he won damn balloon, if it was Messi...we would see world collapsing.
Question is, would Ronaldo even attend the ceremony if he knew Leo was clear favorite. Takes a lot to feed his ego. Same as last year when they won copa, Ronaldo
came to Messi to 'comfort him'. Yes, he's cool when he's on the winner's throne, but when he's not it's drama on global proportions...but the thing is, that is when one has to show greatness.

He can only dream Messi's talent and greatness on and off the pitch. I said that many times and will keep saying it as long as I have to.
Not even close to Leo.

khaled_a_d

It's normal. Magic Johnson vs Larry Bird? Many sport rivals do not feel it's as personal as it is for their fans.

I've been thinking that Cr7&Messi are actually the closest thing to Magic&Bird in football world .read many times that their rivalry helped Basketball fan base a lot specially in the US .Ronaldo&Cr7 rivalry is unmatched for 2 players in football IMO and it is also in a time that football has been expanding massively worldwide and more and more markets are opened for football (it is expanding in USA ,India,far east etc)

hamad138

Banned
I've been thinking that Cr7&Messi are actually the closest thing to Magic&Bird in football world .read many times that their rivalry helped Basketball fan base a lot specially in the US .Ronaldo&Cr7 rivalry is unmatched for 2 players in football IMO and it is also in a time that football has been expanding massively worldwide and more and more markets are opened for football (it is expanding in USA ,India,far east etc)

10904628_1290139411026272_8293303372633536055_o.jpg

Home of Barca Fans