Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

CesDel

I'm relatively indifferent. I have high respect for his abilities and he is a machine in terms of output, but he isn't the type of footballer that has the skills or overall impact that I admire. I appreciate/acknowledge what guys like Di Maria or Modric do for RM much more than what he does. Even Bale has a more consistently active influence on creating things. A fantastic goalscorer but that doesn't personally win me over enough for me to be 'sad' about his injuries. He doesn't outperform everyone else on the pitch in large spells or numerous moments, nor does he have a role that changes the entire identity of a team's playing style. He'll change the result of a match, but not the match itself.

Agreed. That's the reason why I prefer playmakers over goalscorer or why I prefer the "Messi playmaker" over the "Messi goalscorer"..

--

Funny how little has been said about his 2 punches at Godin. Anyone else and they would have been murdered by the press and would have received a long ban.

ik2m60sOry3DT.gif

That for me is worse than what Suarez did, and it's not like this is a one time thing from C.Ronaldo as he has done this kind of things before, but no way in hell that he will be banned..

Kohe321

Now imagine if it was Messi who did that. It would be all over the news, scrutinized to every last little frame in the video.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
And that's why the punishment of Suarez is unfair. If everyone would get a 4 month after doing the same thing 3 times , I wouldn't mind but not if some certain medias start to exaggerate then the ban will be high. This is his third time that he has done something like this (atletico madrid copa del rey final , bilbao last season and now this ). But now we hear not one thing about it.

NotInHere

That's what I thought too, i can just imagine how much hate Messi would get if he did that

Why is that? If we judge by there pitch actions, Messi is a more likable guy than Ronaldo, while Ronaldo is a cry baby, why the hell isn't the media talking about this??

F

Flavia

That's what I thought too, i can just imagine how much hate Messi would get if he did that

Why is that? If we judge by there pitch actions, Messi is a more likable guy than Ronaldo, while Ronaldo is a cry baby, why the hell isn't the media talking about this??

Because they don't want to. Like always. The catalan press is, but they don't have much power or visibility in this case.

NotInHere

Because they don't want to. Like always. The catalan press is, but they don't have much power or visibility in this case.
It doesn't make any sense though, how can a a diva like Ronaldo who is known as a big flopper and a disgrace at least in terms of football antics(crying every time something doesn't go his way) be more protected than someone who behaves better on the field, yeah yeah Leo is far from an angel but he rarely does something dirty on the pitch.

Is it because Ronaldo is a known diva so his actions are always excused? Its amazing how many hyprocrites are out there

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

The Catalan media which is basically just SPORT and MD since they are the most popular and most read media outlets, are more interested in bashing their own players and making up false stories about them instead of going after the opposition like the Madrid media in AS and MARCA does.

F

Flavia

It doesn't make any sense though, how can a a diva like Ronaldo who is known as a big flopper and a disgrace at least in terms of football antics(crying every time something doesn't go his way) be more protected than someone who behaves better on the field, yeah yeah Leo is far from an angel but he rarely does something dirty on the pitch.

Is it because Ronaldo is a known diva so his actions are always excused? Its amazing how many hyprocrites are out there
He plays for rm. Just think about all the stuff ramos, alonso and pepe get away with it and you'll understand. They are the most powerful club in the world.

The Catalan media which is basically just SPORT and MD since they are the most popular and most read media outlets, are more interested in bashing their own players and making up false stories about them instead of going after the opposition like the Madrid media in AS and MARCA does.
Sport and md are trying, I've seen many tweets from them today, also they have a piece on their front page. But they're not visible enough.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Don't flip out when Suárez is involved in tiniest, most dubious situation, and the rivers of ink start over flowing...

Home of Barca Fans