Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

dakt

Its no excuse. Its just a simple fact that he isnt in full disposition. Besides, it wasnt even my point. Like I said, from Real fan point of view Im relieved that Portugal probably wont make it through. CR desparately needs to rest in order to finally cure, even though national team is very important for any ambitius player so he himself dont like the idea. Well, life is brutal.

Well Diego Costa also had, maybe even harder season and injury, but still not seeing any excuses for his bad play.

V

voodoomaster

Its no excuse. Its just a simple fact that he isnt in full disposition. Besides, it wasnt even my point. Like I said, from Real fan point of view Im relieved that Portugal probably wont make it through. CR desparately needs to rest in order to finally cure, even though national team is very important for any ambitius player so he himself dont like the idea. Well, life is brutal.

Hahaha, rationalization all the way.....

BarcaGirl

Cristiano: “Maybe we're an average team. It'd be a lie to say that we are a 'top' team. We've many limitations and suffer from injuries.”

:facepalm: If Messi had said that, he would've been slaughtered by the press.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Where are our Portuguese members? Love to hear their opinions about their country and Ronaldo's situation at World Cup.

L

linetty

Cristiano: “Maybe we're an average team. It'd be a lie to say that we are a 'top' team. We've many limitations and suffer from injuries.”

But he said the truth.

Turson

"Maybe we're an average team," he said. "It would be a lie to say that we are a 'top' team. We have many limitations and suffer from injuries such as with Pepe [who was suspended] and [Fabio] Coentrao. This limits us a lot. We have a very limited team and we are not at the best level. This does not enable you to beat top teams.

"There are no miracles. We knew we would have a tough group, with perhaps teams better than us. I never thought we could be world champions, we have to be humble and know our level. I'm not a hypocrite, I never thought we could win the tournament "

The 29-year-old was not as candid about the knee injury which has troubled him since the end of the domestic season, but did hint at the extent of the problem and insisted he would battle on.

"I don't want to justify myself by talking about my physical problems, that's water under the bridge," he added.

"I'm here, I'm fighting, I'm trying to do my best, I'm running, and obviously it's no use talking about my issues.

"Every day there's something new in the papers about my knee, and about this and that. That's why I don't want to justify myself. I'm here body and soul to help the national team."

dakt

I just love how he respects his players and haves faith in them. What a guy, what a leader!

What should Messi say? "Well, our defense sucks and the midfield can make a decent pass...I quit!"

Turson

I just love how he respects his players and haves faith in them. What a guy, what a leader!

What should Messi say? "Well, our defense sucks and the midfield can make a decent pass...I quit!"

Go and read his full statement that I posted. He only said the truth.

dakt

He should said that truth before WC. Just imagine if everyone did that? Why even bother coming to Brasil?
This is football for god sake, everything is possible, there's no letting go...ask guys from Costa Rica.

BarcaGirl

Oh please! The likes of Iran, Costa Rica, Algeria, Bosnia, USA and a few others have half as good players as Portugal, but they aren't afraid of failure. CR as a captain should be the one to push and motivate and not demoralize the team.

Last edited:

Jägermeister

Lol. Good ol Crystiano. It's never his fault. How dare the others to be so bad when they play with god himself :rofl1:

Turson

He should said that truth before WC.

Only, before the WC their situation wasnt nearly as dire as it now. But lets be honest - they were never candidates to win WC. Its way weaker team than it was in the past. I have no doubt that past Portugal with Figo would shit all over their current team. Same can be said about Argentina with Batistuta or Brazil with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, even though current Argentina and Brazil are better than Portugal.
Lol. Good ol Crystiano. It's never his fault. How dare the others to be so bad when they play with god himself :rofl1:

"Maybe we're an average team," he said. "It would be a lie to say that we are a 'top' team. We have many limitations and suffer from injuries such as with Pepe [who was suspended] and [Fabio] Coentrao. This limits us a lot. We have a very limited team and we are not at the best level. This does not enable you to beat top teams.

"There are no miracles. We knew we would have a tough group, with perhaps teams better than us. I never thought we could be world champions, we have to be humble and know our level. I'm not a hypocrite, I never thought we could win the tournament "

The 29-year-old was not as candid about the knee injury which has troubled him since the end of the domestic season, but did hint at the extent of the problem and insisted he would battle on.

"I don't want to justify myself by talking about my physical problems, that's water under the bridge," he added.

"I'm here, I'm fighting, I'm trying to do my best, I'm running, and obviously it's no use talking about my issues.

"Every day there's something new in the papers about my knee, and about this and that. That's why I don't want to justify myself. I'm here body and soul to help the national team."

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe he should be a bit more motivating for his team being their captain and star player instead of saying that, what do you say Turson?

Not to forget his constant bitching at his team mates throughout the entire match while being mediocre at the same time as well.

Disgusting if you ask me. They are his team mates, not some inferior robots or his servants.

Turson

Maybe he should be a bit more motivating for his team being their captain and star player instead of saying that, what do you say Turson?

Im sorry, but saying obvious bullshit wont motivate nobody. If anything, saying the truth will motivate you play better, be better team.
Disgusting if you ask me.

Well, no wonder. But outside this forums hes praised for this statment.
http://sport.wp.pl/kat,1040437,titl...rzecietna-druzyna,wid,16702032,wiadomosc.html - thats the polish site with his statement. At the bottom you can see the voting - like or not. Most people like truth more that bs, Im one of them.

Home of Barca Fans