Cr150

KingLeo10

I think the difference between 2 is that Ronaldo capitalized at max when he had the team to win the CL, unfortunately for whatever reason I can't say the same for Messi. We should have won definitely at least another CL in Pep era, without talking the fiasco of last season when we had the title on red carpet.

Anyway he'll turn the tie at Stadium, we know that, the biggest obstacle for Juve could be corona virus :crbust:

I agree for sure. 9/10, 15/16 (we still had almost prime MSN), and the choke from last season hurt in that regard. I don't blame Messi one bit for 18/19 or 9/10 but 15/16 he was definitely at fault when we still had the team to do it and played passive as fuck v AM.

Part of it is also that when we were dominating CL (W, SF, W, SF) that sort of domination hadn't been seen in a while and we thought it's all good, the golden days will just continue. So, when CR7/RM were clearly the strongest from 14-18 (outside of MSN 15), they didn't make the same mistakes as us.

Last edited:

Latschenkiefer

He looks human without good service/crosses. Yes, he's undoubtedly a better goal scorer than Messi in CL away games.

But people have a tendency to shit on Messi inordinately for this because Messi's best years in the CL 08-12 and 14-15 are farther removed from memory. Especially the Pep years where Messi had an all-star cast around him like CR7 did at RM from 14-18. In recent years, CR7's clearly outdone Messi.

Messi's top performances in the CL QF/SFs (RM, Bayern, Pool, Arsenal) are still more complete/impressive than CR7's top performances in the QF/SFs (Bayern x 2, Juve, AM).

Regardless, both are looking more and more human in this competition this year. Still can turn in a clinic at home but away from home, it's starting to slow down.

Difference is that Cristiano's only duty is to score goals, while Messi has much more to do. His deep dropping to the halfway line in order to support the build up play and create chances for this broken team alone prevents him from scoring as much as he is capable of. He plays Cristiano (goal scorer), Isco (creative mind) and Modric (build up player) all in one person and on top shows the world's best dribblings. During this time Cristiano camps in the box offside waiting for service. The effort Messi has to put into scoring goals is infinitely higher.

So I would say Messi's top performances are light years ahead of Cristiano's. I would even say that some games he didn't score in should be rated higher than many of Cristiano's top performances.

El Gato

Villarato!
So apparently he visited the team in the locker room at half time giving them a confidence boost.

I might, just might be inclined to say a thank you to him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lol, his PR team at it again. Why couldn’t the flawless person and leader, Ronaldo, have given them that confidence boost when he was playing there and they went year after year without winning a Clasico? Getting murdered in front of their fans while Ronaldo was waving his hands at everyone and everything while doing his crybaby face.

El Gato

Villarato!
FflohQi.gif

Sailor Mars

His cheerleading skills from the sidelines/stands are unmatched.

Inspired Portugal to win the Euro 2016 final from the sidelines, inspired Madrid in the 2014 CDR final from the stands, and now inspired his former team again from the stands.

Should bring pom-poms next time.

Home of Barca Fans