Copa | Semifinal: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 0-3 agg.

Neeraj

This is what I'm expecting to see from Valverde

Roberto----Umtiti----Verm----Alba

Rakitic---Paulinho---Biscuits---Coutinho

-----------Messi----------

------------Suarez---------

Assuming these guys are all fit, I think he's going to go with this lineup. I think the 1-0 suits us fine, and we don't have to go crazy looking for a goal at any point, unless they leading 2-0. Control the ball and look for opportunities at your own pace. If Valencia sit back, which they can't afford to do, we will play some sterile possession and wait for them to push up.

I can expect a fairly boring 60-70 minutes in this game to be honest.

FCBfan22

This is what I'm expecting to see from Valverde

Roberto----Umtiti----Verm----Alba

Rakitic---Paulinho---Biscuits---Coutinho

-----------Messi----------

------------Suarez---------

Assuming these guys are all fit, I think he's going to go with this lineup. I think the 1-0 suits us fine, and we don't have to go crazy looking for a goal at any point, unless they leading 2-0. Control the ball and look for opportunities at your own pace. If Valencia sit back, which they can't afford to do, we will play some sterile possession and wait for them to push up.

I can expect a fairly boring 60-70 minutes in this game to be honest.

Vermaelen is still injured and hasn't even trained with the squad yet.

M

MessiCam

It would be a problem, if he plays RM, because his camping in a box will leave Roberto or Mina exposed. If he plays as CM/CAM, I agree with you.

Paulinho shouldn't be playing RM at all. He is the definition of a box to box midfielder... He must play in the centre. It's the same with Rakitic, now that he is not dragged wide to cover for Messi his game is infinitely better.

I find the Messi/Paulinho relationship on the pitch quite intriguing even though Paulinho doesn't offer much on the ball. It's the damnedest thing because Paulinho's movement is chaotic. If Paulinho had the positional ability of Seydou Keita he'd be a starter over Rakitic for me as long as Messi's around.

Alik

I really don't understand people who would rather see Busi at CB than play Mina...

It's a choice of between definitely weakening two positions on the field or potentially weakening one.

Kohe321

I really don't understand people who would rather see Busi at CB than play Mina...

It's a choice of between definitely weakening two positions on the field or potentially weakening one.

Yup, that's pretty much the definitive summary of the situation.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't feel like it but this is big match. Just one step away from the final and likely double. :valverde:

Windhook

Somehow I just got into a revenge mood. I want Valverde to teach Valencia a lesson in football for what happened in 1999/00 Champions League semi-final. The Valencia press and fans have been crying out all week for Sergi Roberto's unwilling testicles challenge.:mats:

xXKonan

DVdINnPX0AY3xmb.jpg

Squad list.

Home of Barca Fans