Copa | Semi Final: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-4 agg.

FCBfan22

Please, Suarez is a striker.
He is not able to play on the side.

a) Please, Messi is more effective in the middle and plays there anyways.
b) Please, Suarez's touch is shit and moving him out of the way for Messi and Dembouz could help us.
c) Please, Suarez played LST last year. He would not be a winger in my formation. Just a striker moved slightly to left (occupying Varane).
d) Please, we would finally have width with Alba and Dembele.
e) Please, Semedo would finally have someone to play off him.
f) Please, Rakitić wouldn't need to cover RB, since there is a winger on that side that does some defensive work.
g) Please, Dembele would push Marcelo and Vinicius deeper, so they wouldn't represent a lot of danger for us.
h) Please, it's more important that we dam Real's left side than the right one.
i) Please, Rakitić is less attacking CM than whoever (Bob, Alena) we'll play in the 2nd CM spot. Valverde always plays the more attacking CM on the left.
j) Please, Alba can play on the left side on his own.
k) Please, Dembele needed 20 minutes on RW to get an assist, while he didn't get them for ages at LW.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

b) Please, Suarez's touch is shit and moving him out of the way for Messi and Dembouz could help us.
c) Please, Suarez played LST last year. He would not be a winger in my formation. Just a striker moved slightly to left (occupying Varane).

All well but if we want a striker on the wing and Messi in the middle than we can play someone else than Suarez. He has no dribble for a year... all of them are some attempts on basic level.

FCBfan22

All well but if we want a striker on the wing and Messi in the middle than we can play someone else than Suarez. He has no dribble for a year... all of them are some attempts on basic level.

True, but I was writig that semi-realistically. Suarez will play (one way or another).

I just think we would be far more balanced that way I wrote couple posts ago. If Suarez occupies RCB, Messi and Dembele have a 2 on 2 with LCB and LB, and that will most likely end badly for the defense.

With current setup, since Messi is playing mostly in the middle and there is no winger, he constantly has to play 1 on 2 with LB and LCB with no finishers next to him.

But if I look at this fully-realistically, Eeeernie is never gonna apply that.

Giginho75

d) Please, we would finally have width with Alba and Dembele.
e) Please, Semedo would finally have someone to play off him.
f) Please, Rakitić wouldn't need to cover RB, since there is a winger on that side that does some defensive work.
g) Please, Dembele would push Marcelo and Vinicius deeper, so they wouldn't represent a lot of danger for us.
h) Please, it's more important that we dam Real's left side than the right one.
i) Please, Rakitić is less attacking CM than whoever (Bob, Alena) we'll play in the 2nd CM spot. Valverde always plays the more attacking CM on the left.
j) Please, Alba can play on the left side on his own.
k) Please, Dembele needed 20 minutes on RW to get an assist, while he didn't get them for ages at LW.

Please, too many "please"...

soul24rage

My Starting XI

(4-2-3-1) MATS---Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Rakitic, Busi---Dembele, Messi, Malcom---Suarez

-I would really love to try this line up. Pace at wide and with Messi making those delicious passes. Since we have to score a goal to reach the final, I would try to surprise RM with this attacking line up and get an early goal. I don't think this lineup will happen, but I would love to try it.
-The advantage we have is that we have 1 more day to recover than RM since they faced Levante away yesterday at a late kick off with most of their starters.

Giginho75

I know you are anti-critical thinking, so I needed to ask nicely 11 times.

Well done my friend 😉

Anyway, I think that Suarez can "work" on the side, but starting from the center of attack (his natural position), so Leo can play from the right towards the center.

Instead many doubts if the uruguayan starts on the side since the first minute.

FCBfan22

Well done my friend ��

Anyway, I think that Suarez can "work" on the side, but starting from the center of attack (his natural position), so Leo can play from the right towards the center.

Instead many doubts if the uruguayan starts on the side since the first minute.

The problem is that he doesn't do that anymore, since he spends 80% of the time in the middle, sometimes as deep as a DM. We need Messi in the box now, since Suarez is shit. If we have only Suarez in the box, we will struggle to score.

Giginho75

I don't understand why our coach is called "genius" with irony or also with worse nick-names.

Really I don't know, but maybe is my problem.

Home of Barca Fans