Copa | Round of 32: FC Barcelona - Cultural Leonesa (5-1 agg.)

PhilS

I just want to see Messi, Rakitic, Busquets, Pique, Alba, and Ter Stegen completely rested tomorrow. If Valverde wants to play Semedo, Lenglet, Vidal, Dembele, or Coutinho, they should be rested enough to be able to handle some more work. Maybe Coutinho should get the day off, too.

khaled_a_d

Aleña has officially been promoted. No more B games for him.

No, he is still officially Barca B player. There is a reason he is wearing 26. Once promoted he must get number 1-25

Edit: Just read he got number 21 and officially promoted

Cillessen
Morer/Guillem - Chumi - Vermaelen - Miranda
Aleña - Oriol - Vidal
Malcom - Munir - Denis

Hoping/expecting something like this.

Let's hope Riqui gets some minutes as well.

Is Cillessen healthy or still injured?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Squad, 19 players called including 6 Barca B players
Vermaelen back, Cillessen out.
[tw]1070034487654928384[/tw]

DtmGsfgWsAUWjjg.jpg

Last edited:

shadows

Typical squad for such an important game :valverde:...Makes me wonder if he is just a troll .. Rakitic in, so is Semedo, Coutinho, Lenglet, Vidal and Ter stegen who have all played a lot of games recently...I am gonna be pissed if he plays the first teamers in this one instead of resting them to prepare for the actual League/CL games...at this rate he may start the full 11 in the dead rubber against Spurs too..

Rakitic-Vidal-Alena midfield?? :valverde2:

Last edited:

Raketa10

Cillesen
Miranda, Vermaelen, Chumi, Semedo
Alena, Vidal, Puig
Malcom, Munir, Dembele

Unfortunately Denis will probably play instead of Puig. :(

Last edited:

Messi983

Typical squad for such an important game :valverde:...Makes me wonder if he is just a troll .. Rakitic in, so is Semedo, Coutinho, Lenglet, Vidal and Ter stegen who have all played a lot of games recently...I am gonna be pissed if he plays the first teamers in this one instead of resting them to prepare for the actual League/CL games...at this rate he may start the full 11 in the dead rubber against Spurs too..

Rakitic-Vidal-Alena midfield?? :valverde2:

We have a lot of injuries and we must play 7 first team players so it's not like he had a lot of choices.

shadows

We have a lot of injuries and we must play 7 first team players so it's not like he had a lot of choices.

So calling up a clearly overplayed Rakitic is the solution? If he cant rest first teamers sufficiently, we are screwed come January when he will keep playing his best 11 to make the copa final..

khaled_a_d

So calling up a clearly overplayed Rakitic is the solution? If he cant rest first teamers sufficiently, we are screwed come January when he will keep playing his best 11 to make the copa final..

Yes, it is a solution and I am not sure why it is an argument.
We have 23 man squad.
Samper,Rafinha, Roberto,Arthur,Suarez ,Umtiti are all injured and can't be called up.
Messi,Pique,Alba & Busquets are in bigger need of rest. That alone leave us with just 13 1st team players. We need at least 8 in addition to subs because we can't risk fielding more than 4 Barca B players when someone gets injured.
Likely one of MATS or Raki will be left out of this 19 man squad. The other won't play, may be 10 minutes at the end at most but unlikely

shadows

Yes, it is a solution and I am not sure why it is an argument.
We have 23 man squad.
Samper,Rafinha, Roberto,Arthur,Suarez ,Umtiti are all injured and can't be called up.
Messi,Pique,Alba & Busquets are in bigger need of rest. That alone leave us with just 13 1st team players. We need at least 8 in addition to subs because we can't risk fielding more than 4 Barca B players when someone gets injured.
Likely one of MATS or Raki will be left out of this 19 man squad. The other won't play, may be 10 minutes at the end at most but unlikely

It is an argument because Rakitic has been the most overplayed player on the roster..Add the minutes with the national team and it is way beyond the reach of anyone else...if you cant rest him regularly (as in give a few days off to recoup himself for starters) considering he is not exactly 20 anymore, all we are looking at is a repeat of last year with an exhausted squad crashing out of the CL...Signs are already there right now considering the no rotation policy and our shit play the past few weeks coupled with many injuries... plus its not a Liga team we are facing, its Leonesa and we already have a 1-0 away lead..what next? keep Messi on the bench everytime to secure the win in the Copa?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans