Copa | Quarterfinal: FC Barcelona - Espanyol 2-1 agg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty pathetic from Catalan press this morning to write almost entirely about Real Madrid and Leganes. Yes, it's nice to see them out but I am opening the sites for Barca news and not petty laughs. Small minded mentality.

Messi983

Agree.

Also, I hope there will be at least 70-80.000 fans at Camp Nou tonight. Would be great if there would be 90k+ but it's a midweek game with a late start so I doubt this will happen even if it's a derby and Coutinho's (and Mina's in lesser extent) debut is very likely so that could lure more people. Of course fans should also come to say goodbye to Masche.

Antimadridista1

Agree.

Also, I hope there will be at least 70-80.000 fans at Camp Nou tonight. Would be great if there would be 90k+ but it's a midweek game with a late start so I doubt this will happen even if it's a derby and Coutinho's (and Mina's in lesser extent) debut is very likely so that could lure more people. Of course fans should also come to say goodbye to Masche.

Even if it's a derby and potential remontada ; it's still a late mid-week game + not the period where there's more tourists in Bcn so there won't be as much fans as you expect imo.

Still, #APorLaRemontada !!!! Vamos

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
.... and in search elsewhere (and when I type FC Barcelona news) I get British garbage like CR wannabe Sane naming 3 players on "Messi level" or more brilliant stuff like Valverde promising Coutinho that he will sell Deulofeu. :facepalm:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pretty pathetic from Catalan press this morning to write almost entirely about Real Madrid and Leganes. Yes, it's nice to see them out but I am opening the sites for Barca news and not petty laughs. Small minded mentality.

Not much on Mascherano either.

vlad

Agree.

I was suprised when i read a info that barca is behind madrid, atletico and BETIS when it comes to number of fans on the stadium, really really poor, if its with messi like this, what will be when he stops playing

Edit: also terrorist attack plays huge part in that

Last edited:

Trickykid

I was suprised when i read a info that barca is behind madrid, atletico and BETIS when it comes to number of fans on the stadium, really really poor, if its with messi like this, what will be when he stops playing

That's not true. We're second only to RM in home attendance.

Messi983

I don't think comparing average attendance to other clubs is really the best criteria. Of course we'll have bigger attendance than most clubs because we have the biggest stadium. It's better to use capacity % for comparisions with other clubs or just compare average attendance with previous seasons. I'll use capacity% here but it's pretty easy to calculate (approximate) average attendance.

season: capacity% (ranked in La Liga)
17/18: 62,2% (16.)
16/17: 79,6% (4.)
15/16: 79,3% (3.)
14/15: 78,3% (5.)
13/14: 73,9% (6.)
12/13: 72,6% (9.)
11/12: 75,5% (6.)
10/11: 80,2% (7.)
09/10: 78,0% (8.)
08/09: 71,8% (10.)
07/08: 70,9% (11.)
06/07: 75,4% (13.)
05/06: 74,3% (8.)
04/05: 73,4% (12.)
03/04: 67,4% (15.)
02/03: 66,1% (16.)
01:02: 59,8% (15.)
00/01: 64,9% (15.)

So far this season we have the lowest attendance since Gaspart days. As [MENTION=19742]vlad[/MENTION] said terrorist attack is clearly one of the reasons for that. Jordi Cardoner mentioned political instability in Catalunya as another one.

But on the other hand we still have almost all big matches at home with RM, AM, Bilbao, Valencia and Villarreal still visiting Camp Nou so I assume our average attendance at the end of the season will be around 70-72k which is lower than during MSN seasons but overall not really as bad compared to the last 10-15 seasons except MSN and peak years of Pep's team.

Of course doing a correlation between average attendance, average ticket prices and team success over the last 10, 15 or 20 years would be even better but I'm too lazy for that. :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

Think about it:

Losing Neymar(team expectation changed, everybody thought we would suck, especially after 5-1 loss to Madrid in summer.)
Political situation in Barcelona (Police beating people!!)
Terrorist attack (enough said)

To a lot of fans/tourist, these are good reasons not to go BCN and watch football games.

Stoichkov1

If this happened to Barcelona Madrid press would do the same, it's even worse.

This was Marca's front page after our win against Malaga when the referee helped us: http://www.elbernabeu.com/articulo/...io-marca-22-10-2017/20171022004841036194.html

Translation: an inexplicable help.

Home of Barca Fans