Copa | Quarter-final 2nd leg: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad 5-2 (6-2 agg.)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
1485373106418.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Squad list:

Cillessen, Masip, Piqué, Rakitic, Denis Suárez, Arda Turan, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Mascherano, Paco Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal, Umtiti, Mathieu.

ter Stegen not called up.

Mido

Or maybe he would try a more defensive version of the "reverse" triangle to lock Sociedad's build-up as he successfully did. It seems crazy to stay this knowing that we'll playy in Camp Nou but apart from Busquets and Iniest, none of the midfielder seem to have that extra brillianc and class. Rakitic and Rafinha can shine sometimes too and Gomes has potential. But as Lucho rightly pointed-out, Iniesta and Busquets are very special. I could imagine this reverse triangle that could also go back to the more playful and classic trio midfield with Mascherano as our DM :

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Mascherano-0-0-0-Gomes-0
0-0-0-Rakitic-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

I've seen Rakitic bein praised for hist last game against Eibar as a DM. I found his performance OK to be honest. He made some mistakes that could cost a lot against teams such as Sociedad and he seems to be struggling with his positioning and passing when under pressure playing this role which is perfectly normal considering the huge tasks expected. I would also fancy this formation to bring defensive solidity and physical intensity :

[formation=barca,6]
Cillessen
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Umtiti-0
Mascherano-0-0-0-0-0-Digne
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Roberto-0-0-0-Gomes-0
0-0-0-Raki/Arda-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Mascherano on DM...interesting. It's not that i don't like it, but i really wanted to see Roberto there back in midfield and consequently Vidal playing as well. Especially since we're not even chasing the result like we did against Bilbao.

xXKonan

I have to believe it's not a 4-3-3 but a 4-2-3-1 with Gomes and Masche as a double pivot and with Denis being a #10/RW with him and Messi switching places every now and then.

F

FlaFCB

Rakitic should be starting... Also, Umtiti is one yellow away from suspension. Hope he doesn't get booked.

xXKonan

I can see where Lucho is going with this lineup.

It's going to be ugly as hell but he's going to play more defensively and attempt to subdue La Real's midfield and cut off service for their forwards. Prepare for heart attacks and anger as we might be playing some of the ugliest football of the season today. :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why no Vidal again or Digne?
And yeah, Lucho will run MSN to the ground again and after SA qualifiers in spring they'll be dead.

F

FlaFCB

I can see where Lucho is going with this lineup.

It's going to be ugly as hell but he's going to play more defensively and attempt to subdue La Real's midfield and cut off service for their forwards. Prepare for heart attacks and anger as we might be playing some of the ugliest football of the season today. :lol:

Long balls are coming :snowman:

Home of Barca Fans