Copa del Rey 1/4 final: Athletic Club - Barca 4-2

Porque

All subs made sense to me.

I think Bilbao were progressively taking over from the second half and we were too slow to react.

The Bob change was a continuation as that as it wasn't an attempt to disrupt Bilbao midfield by trying to break their press with Fermin but to try and re-establish it's containment. You could see it wouldn't work from a mile off.

So bar those two Lamine actions we were largely outgunned and could have conceded alot more.

On the bright spot, Pau and Fort both came on in difficult circumstances and the game wasn't bigger than them. They both have a bright future and potentially long ones at Barca. The door is certainly open for Fort to grab at fullback.

I don't know where Xavi goes from here. We're not going to go anywhere in the CL as he doesn't have what it takes in Cup competition.

We may even go out to Napoli at this rate.

Birdy

Laporta needs to go as well. We need a clean start with someone who is motivated and knows what they are doint.

He has one last shot left: the next coach.
If he fucks up again, be sure he will never be Barca president again, and his stint will go down as one of the worst

Messi983

Dude. Bilbao had like 25 shots and we had 7. What are we even discussing.

Noone is mad at youngsters either. Lamine and Fort did great. That's not an issue.

And we had two 1 on 1 chances that Yamal missed which would change the game had he scored.

Not blaming him but just stats doesn't show everything.

Not saying we played well but the team gave everything they had at this moment. Bilbao were just a better team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And we had two 1 on 1 chances that Yamal missed which would change the game had he scored.

Not blaming him but just stats doesn't show everything.

Not saying we played well but the team gave everything they had at this moment. Bilbao were just a better team.

If 11 Basques cosched by a manager Barca sacked are better team than Barca then we are in deep deep shit.

And it's not like it's just Bilbao on this very night. We basically play poor every match.
I can't remember so many bad displays since the early 00's.

Porque

Imagine spending the Gavi money on Roque... then Xavi wont use him.

Surely better putting that towards a DM for remainder of season if thats the case.

I bet that's what Xavi said!

Probably something like "instead of spending that on Roque we could try and get Busi back for six months".

Messi983

I think Bilbao were progressively taking over from the second half and we were too slow to react.

The Bob change was a continuation as that as it wasn't an attempt to disrupt Bilbao midfield by trying to break their press with Fermin but to try and re-establish it's containment. You could see it wouldn't work from a mile off.

So bar those two Lamine actions we were largely outgunned and could have conceded alot more.

On the bright spot, Pau and Fort both came on in difficult circumstances and the game wasn't bigger than them. They both have a bright future and potentially long ones at Barca. The door is certainly open for Fort to grab at fullback.

I don't know where Xavi goes from here. We're not going to go anywhere in the CL as he doesn't have what it takes in Cup competition.

We may even go out to Napoli at this rate.

Average age of XI that finished regular time was 21 years, was clear why Xavi wanted to have some more experience. Yeah, probably should have brought on Fermin too but at that time bringing on Roberto made sense to me.

Things didn't work out because team was dead tired at the end.

serghei

roque guy barely came here and in his cameos so far he looked like shit tbh.

Team looked tired imo in the 2nd half. And the options from the bench didn't bring much.

ajnotkeith

Its funny to realise that actually Valverde is better by some way than Xavi, when you consider our fans attitudes to both of them.

Home of Barca Fans