Copa 1/4 Final: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 1-0

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Sad loss, was really looking forward to extra time.
We played well imo. Rock solid at San Mames while playing positive and not sitting back. Our biggest superstars in Griezmann and Messi did not manage to score the biggest chances and Bilbao capitalized in the end.
So a convincing performance all in all but the upcoming weeks are going to be even tougher. Pique injured too and Messi has been in a serious slump for weeks. Not able to finish anything these days. Added too many losses of possession today.

We are in a bad state but if we manage to win the next games, the victories will taste even sweeter.

LABarcaFan

This lose has proven one thing for us. If Messi does not play well, Barcelona looks like shit. In my opinion both penalties against FDJ were 100%, but the referee did not even ask for VAR system.
Seven yellow cards in one single game shows how bad as a team we are at the moment. Besides Lenglet, Alba and Semedo, no one else has played at high level. Griezmann has unique chance in the 69-th minute to score from 10 fits, but he missed. Messi missed another very clear chance in the 87-th minutes from close distance. For some reason, in the last three weeks, he is not playing well and he is the leader of this team. All these arguments with Pique and Abidal are just showing that he is already worn-out. Messi is not Messi and Barcelona is just a mediocre team from La Liga. Nothing more. There will be no titles and trophies this year, so we better start the rebuilding. There is a lots of work to be done this summer and it should start from now.

JamDav1982

This lose has proven one thing for us. If Messi does not play well, Barcelona looks like shit. In my opinion both penalties against FDJ were 100%, but the referee did not even ask for VAR system.
Seven yellow cards in one single game shows how bad as a team we are at the moment. Besides Lenglet, Alba and Semedo, no one else has played at high level. Griezmann has unique chance in the 69-th minute to score from 10 fits, but he missed. Messi missed another very clear chance in the 87-th minutes from close distance. For some reason, in the last three weeks, he is not playing well and he is the leader of this team. All these arguments with Pique and Abidal are just showing that he is already worn-out. Messi is not Messi and Barcelona is just a mediocre team from La Liga. Nothing more. There will be no titles and trophies this year, so we better start the rebuilding. There is a lots of work to be done this summer and it should start from now.

You watching the same game?

Lenglet and Alba were not great and Messi was far better than those two.

LABarcaFan

You watching the same game?

Lenglet and Alba were not great and Messi was far better than those two.

It is obvious that you have not watched Atletic - Barcelona game. Maybe you were watching Real Madrid game, hah? Messi better that those two? Messi was joke today. And I did not say Lenglet and Alba were GREAT TODAY. They just played up to their potential, unlike Lio Messi and Griezmann for example.

JamDav1982

It is obvious that you have not watched Atletic - Barcelona game. Maybe you were watching Real Madrid game, hah? Messi better that those two? Messi was joke today. And I did not say Lenglet and Alba were GREAT TODAY. They just played up to their potential, unlike Lio Messi and Griezmann for example.

Alba was poor on ball again and Lenglet launches ball up park under slightest pressure.

Messi was without a doubt better than those two.

serghei

Alba was really bad offensively. Like really bad. At one point Messi was alone on the 11m. spot with no one around him and Alba put the ball in the hands of the keeper instead. Just do a simple on the ground layoff and it's almost a goal.

Slevinn

Was it a dive when De Jong got a yellow? My stream was poor and they only showed one replay but to me it seemed like a clear foul from their keeper.

LABarcaFan

Thing is that anyone can say that, but at the end of the season or maybe sooner, he's getting sacked. So all this bullshit about results coming in time might work at lower tier clubs, not here.
It is what it is indeed...

SACK VALVERDE... ops, sorry SETIEN. LOL!

BusiTheKing

Pretty good game by us. Starting to see results from the improved physical work in trainings. We had a lot more fuel left for the last part of the game than we usually do.

What we should focus on is finding ways to streamline attacking moves. If these combinations and runs are done with precision, timing and vigor, then we break through. What happens in reality is a big sloppy mess of random, out of sync, half-hearted runs.

LABarcaFan

Alba was really bad offensively. Like really bad. At one point Messi was alone on the 11m. spot with no one around him and Alba put the ball in the hands of the keeper instead. Just do a simple on the ground layoff and it's almost a goal.

As I sad it already, Messi had the clearest chance to score in the 87-th minute. If he could make that goal, the game was over.
About a year ago, against this kind of "parked busses" he would find the way to make at least 5-6 shots and score, but his magical dribble is not working anymore. Nor his passes are going through.And Fati was playing well. I did not understand the coach decision to take him out of the game. I am wondering why nobody makes any comment about Griezmann. Did you like his play? Was he the game changing factor?

Home of Barca Fans