Copa 1/2 Final: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 3-2 (agg)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Again, I want the win. But if not I’ll take the xG victory.

I just had a quick browse through r/soccercirclejerk top monthly. These 3 really gave me a good laugh.

wjb4Pdx.jpg

wsI7n8H.jpg

CwhDjz2.jpg

vinni

Sevilla will sit deep as they have a nice handicap. If we start with a 3-5-2, we'll fail to score in the first half and Koeman will panic and bring all the attackers on the field in a 4-2-3-1.

I think Koeman and his team see the same as you. There is no point to play with 3-5-2 if Sevilla is going to sit back and concede posession. If they do sit back, we are forced to attack like we usally do. In that case they will most likely score a few on the counter and it?s game over for us lol. We are bit screwed like that.

I did like the 3-5-2 from yesterday though. It seem usefull for matches where the other team wants to attack as well. Too bad we didnt discover it before the PSG game. It might have helped there. I guess the away leg against psg is going to be similar to the copa game against Sevilla in the end. They will both counter us to depression.

soul24rage

This is just me personally, but as long as the team's main strategy (pressing high effectively as a team) is there, I don't think it matters much what formation we play since we have the players (like Mingueza and Pedri who are versatile) to be flexible enough to switch formations during the game.

For example, in the 2nd half Lopetegui switched to a back 3, but Koeman switched to a front 3 pushing Pedri higher up to press more effectively. It'll be interesting to see how Koeman does in the Copa with Pedri out injured.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-0-Mingo-Pique-Lenglet-0-0
Dest-0-0-0-0-0-Araujo
0-0-0-Busi-0-0-0
0-0-FDJ-0-Pedri-0-0
0-0-Messi-0-Dembele-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Rory

I hope we do the 3-5-2 again. Sevilla didn't have any chances and we controlled the midfield for once. We haven't struggled to score many times this year it's been our defending that let us down. If this formation sets that right then using it makes sense.

mc_lovin

Would like to see a 433 with Dembele-Messi-Trincao upfront if Araujo is fit to start. Otherwise three at the back sounds fine. As always, just no Griezmann please.

gasgas

....................mats
.mingueza...araujo....pique......
...Dest.....fdj.......busi...alba
..trincao...messi...dembele

For the win :hooray:

JohnN

Perhaps we will see an EV lineup just for the laughs:
Masts
Dest (bob missing) - pique - lenglet - jordi
Pjanic ( Rakitic missing) - Busi - FdJ (left winger)
Messi - griezmann - dembele ( Suarez missing)

Porque

Probably best if we go with what worked on Saturday and see if we score in the first half. If not then switch to 433 and then if needed 4231/Koeman 5 attacker hail mary in the last 15 minutes (Puig at 90+3).

Only question is who replaces Pedri. As long as it is not Pjanic and one of Puig or Ilaix it will enable Puig/Ilaix and FdJ to arrive in the box on attacks to add numbers, while also having pace (somewhat with Puig) to get back and defend.

Koeman did comment that Homme de Graisse didn't play in Pizjuan because he wanted more pace through the middle. It suggests that he expects Sevilla to sit further back and thus Homme de Graisse to probably return to the lineup.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

I am affraid that Sevilla played some "hide and seek" tactics this saturday ... They saved some gunpowder for Copa. They are after the silveware...

JohnN

I am affraid that Sevilla played some "hide and seek" tactics this saturday ... They saved some gunpowder for Copa. They are after the silveware...

They gave it everything in the second half though. But we can't expect them to be surprised by the same tactics again. Koeman must think of something new.
I believe we can score 2 past them with messi on the field. But our defense gives me nightmares.

Home of Barca Fans