Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You should add Roberto Martinez and Frank de Boer to the list as I'm expecting a lot of people will vote for them. My personal favourite, and he has been for a long time, is Frank de Boer.

I have long felt Martinez is tied to England for some time still, not sure even Barcelona would lure him away from his adopted country...Even if he were interested, I'm with you in feeling that De Boer makes the most sense...Of course, all of this is predicated on a new board

The same board?...Wouldn't be a smart move for Frank and I'm sure Cruyff would counsel him against it

Duke

Where on earth did Pep say that Tito was the brains behind Barca? Pep created the system, Pep executed it. He was the one who meticulously implanted the tiki taka philosophy in 08/09, he was the first one who thought of moving Messi to false 9 (he doubted it bc of Ibra, but Tito encouraged him). Pep's methods were his, evolved and learned from his mentors in Cruyff and Bielsa. Tito was his closest advisor, the one who Pep discussed things with; however don't make the mistake that it was Tito controlling things all along.

Pep has always been the brains, any stupid media that made Tito out to be the "genius behind the curtains" are wrong. Even now at Bayern, Pep has gotten the system to flow well and made strides tactically (Robben developing as much as he has, Lahm being such a good conversion to DM, etc.).

When Tito started coaching Barca, our pressing dropped drastically. It was no coincidence that the "lesser appreciated" parts of Pep's system were the first to fall after he left, because Tito didn't have a good understanding on how things worked. Our movement became more static and the team stopped pressing, yet they were still able to ride the momentum of our technical football for a while. Isolating Iniesta on the LW was not a good decision yet he stuck with that lineup for a majority of his tenure. If Tito really were the "active tactician" that you're trying to make him out to be, he'd understand that the team needed off the ball tactics just as much as tiki taka itself. Tito doesn't understand tactics, he just knew how to continue the same procedure at Barca because he was Pep's right hand man. Any time a decision of his own was required (in difficult times) he failed. Played the same lineups, deteriorated our tactics, was tactically outclassed in all big games, the list goes on and on.

There was no way that Tito was the brains behind anything. Forget being able to lead, he never understood tactics as coach either.

There was an incident when Tito was sick in a hospital. Pep called him in the hospital to ask him for a tactical advise before a big game Madrid (I think). Everybody knows this, it was in the news. Go google what Pep used to say about Tito. Tactics is not everything in football, Ten Cate didn't make it big although he was the tactician behind Rijkaard era.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There was an incident when Tito was sick in a hospital. Pep called him in the hospital to ask him for a tactical advise before a big game Madrid (I think). Everybody knows this, it was in the news. Go google what Pep used to say about Tito. Tactics is not everything in football, Ten Cate didn't make it big although he was the tactician behind Rijkaard era.

You're right, what was I thinking? Pep allegedly called a close associate for consultation before an important match, obviously means that our success was the Tito era right?

Not gonna bother. Your argument is literally eating up media propaganda, no logic to support how Tito was the supposed 'tactical mastermind' of the team. Consider the discussion over.

I

instinct

While Zubizarreta prefers a new coach who knows the club (like Valverde), others in the club prefer a different profile (like Klopp) [sport]

Crixus

While Zubizarreta prefers a new coach who knows the club (like Valverde), others in the club prefer a different profile (like Klopp) [sport]
Hope this actually happens

ebc_99

If I could pick one right now I would go with Brendan Rodgers. He has worked wonders at Liverpool who are looking good to win the Premier League which would be one hell of an achievement. He played great football at Swansea and again at Liverpool but not the same type of football at both clubs which shows that he is open to different ideas. He has improved players like Sturridge and Henderson and developed young guys like Flannegan and Sterling. And has proved he can cope with egos like Suarez. I think he did his coaching training in Barcelona as well so he knows the club and speaks Spanish so that won't be a problem.

He is very flexible with his tactics and brave too, I really think he would be great for us. If you look at how Liverpool play with the talent at his disposal, just imagine what he could do with the likes of Neymar, Messi and Iniesta. He is also from Northern Ireland like me so I might be a little biased but I would love to see an Irish manager of Barcelona.

mac10

if the board changes (unlikely) i'd like to see de boer given a crack of the whip but please no van gaal

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
if the board changes (unlikely) i'd like to see de boer given a crack of the whip but please no van gaal

Yeah I was reading about Van Gaal and these lines came up "conflicts with media", "conflicts with players" "team was performing poorly", "was sacked" :facepalm:

Maybe Lucho or De Boer isn't such a bad idea after all.

mac10

he was in charge when i first started following barca around 96/97 they played some good football but your right about conflicts with players especially rivaldo if i remember correctly and the press hated him and when he came back for a second stint barca were truly awful and he was sacked could be wrong but i don't think he made it to winter break :lol:

khaled_a_d

he was in charge when i first started following barca around 96/97 they played some good football but your right about conflicts with players especially rivaldo if i remember correctly and the press hated him and when he came back for a second stint barca were truly awful and he was sacked could be wrong but i don't think he made it to winter break :lol:

We were awful that year but it was more on Gaspart than him ,Also that was the worst part of his career with 2 absolute failures with Dutch NT & Barca ,If I remember correctly he had success in most of his career other than that time
Also his 1st stint with gr8 ,I've actually started rooting for the team during his tenure

Home of Barca Fans