Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
There we go again! Barca lose a match and all go out looking for a new coach. You all need a cold shower. The season is not finished yet.

All signs are pointing that he is gonna leave anyway, he once said that he is not involved in discussions about next season, I think he made his mind a long time ago.

Theconomist

I want Diego Simeone, I haven't seen a coach with so much drive and passion. But I doubt he'd leave Athletico anytime soon, unless the board pisses him off and sells everyone.

Martinez would be a good option too.

Alarcón

Still the league and the CDR to play for.

I know but I think if a team like Barça with players like Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Busquets, Alba drops out of the CL in the quarter-finals after showing horrible football in both legs - and in all 5 games against Atlético this season, for that matter - I would call this a failure. A coach has to fire his players up for the biggest games but not only were our best players terrifyingly bad but it is also obvious that after 5 games, Martino still hasn't found a way to outsmart Simeone with his tactics. The signs were there, many saw it coming after a lot of disappointing performances lately but Tata still couldn't do anything about it. Whether they go on to win the 2 remaining titles is irrelevant as Barça always strive for excellence and nothing in modern football reflects that word better than winning the Champions League.

Anyway, I and many others have already defined their position and expressed how they feel about hm so I'll just put this to rest right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for future coaches, does anyone else think that Rudi Garcia might be a good option? I admit I haven't seen a lot of him but his track record is very impressive and he has expressed admiration for the Barça style of play in the past.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I know but I think if a team like Barça with players like Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Busquets, Alba drops out of the CL in the quarter-finals after showing horrible football in both legs - and in all 5 games against Atlético this season, for that matter - I would call this a failure.

A TEAM like Barca couldn't give two shits about the CL as long as they could win La Liga ahead of Real Madrid before CL's popularity rising in the last decade. So maybe some fans (specially the Pep's era ones) think it's too big of a deal to fail in the CL while La Liga is still at hands, but I'm not one of them. I still prefer winning the league to the CL. Supporting Barca since the mid 90s I always cared more about winning the league ahead of Madrid.

Some of you probably don't even know that Barcelona was hammered 0-4 by Dynamo Kyiv at home (and 3-0 away as well, finishing last in the group!) in the CL in the late 90s, in the same year they won La Liga, and yet that win felt more precious than that defeat in the CL could ever hurt me. CL failure hurts for sure, just not as much as crying about this to a point that neglecting the fact that the club could still win both La Liga and CdR. The attitude of some people in this forum is just pathetic. And more, such ridiculous threads that pops up after every defeat!

messid10s

Any chance of a Tata-Moyes swap he managed to do better against Bayern than we did but seriously. I think we'll pick a coach who has managed in Europe next time. Obviously Pep would be the dream I hold out hope he'll return one day. I guess Tito is out the picture as well is he still receiving treatment? It's hard to judge his coaching ability when he was absent for so long and receiving chemo

I'll look at the EPL first i'd guess we'd look at Wenger, Pochettino, Martinez and Rodgers. All 4 managers play positive attacking and speak Spanish whether Rodgers or Wenger would want to move to Spain remains to be seen. Only Wenger has managed in the champions league though he has never won. Likewise only Pochettino has experience of managing in La Liga and dealing with the spanish media. Rodgers and Pochettino both have not won trophies, Martinez has won an FA cup but was relegated the same season with Wigan, Wenger is by far and away the most successful with 3 premier league titles and 4 FA cups to his name while at arsenal. All the managers have shown they will give opportunities to young players and improve the players they have.

On the face of it Wenger would seem like the best choice he has won the most trophies and has the greatest experience. He is however getting old mid 60's and may go and manage a national team before he retires or retire after leaving arsenal would he be motivated to manage a big team like barca. There has been the sense however that his time has been gone as is well known arsenal have not won a trophy for a long time with the mentality of the team coming under question. Wengers tactics are also being seen outdated as well and it is really touch and go whether arsenal finish top 4 at the minute. Of the other 3 managers Pochettino would seem to have ruled himself out by managing Espanyol in the past he would certainly not be the most popular appointment for certain. Of the two remaining managers Martinez and Rodgers both are very young both are 41 this year and are showing great promise for the future. Rodgers has had too deal with the bigger names and level of expectation compared to Martinez. Rodgers could be set to deliver Liverpools first league title in over 20 years and even if not has got Liverpool back into the champions league which looked difficult at the start of the season likewise Martinez has led completely unfancied Everton close to securing a top 4 place on a tight budget. None of these managers are affiliated with Barca in anyway after Martino will the board want another outsider? I'm uncertain whether Rodgers would agree to work under a director of football and the board might question whether he would adapt to the culture.

For this reason out of all EPL managers Martinez is the boards most likely choice. I'll do La Liga managers tomorrow.

Last edited:

Djab

Klopp and he brings Hummels, Reus and Gundogan with him. But it won't happen, stop dreaming.

Roberto Martinez hopefully.

Barcelona next year:

Weindenfeller
Pizszeck--Hummels--Bartra/Pique--Alba
Busquets
Gundogan---Iniesta
Reus---Messi---Neymar

Coach on the couch: Klopp

Oh. It's time to wake up...

Last edited:

karthik

Any coach who can stand up against the management and tell what they want and how they want to build a project.

Like how Pep did in 08 as an amateur manager throwing Deco and Ronaldinho out of the team.

Home of Barca Fans