Club World Cup Final: Barca - River Plate 3-0 ***2016 World Champions!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirXavi

The Engineer
Sánchez (River Plate): "I want Messi to play because after we win I don't want them to say because he wasn't there"

lol

61966402.jpg

NotInHere

River plate acting cocky, what they don't realize is that they wont be playing against shitty opposition like they do in their league:lol:

Barcelona should take this serious though, teams from south america always play their hearts out against top dogs

hardyboy

If we win Boca Junior fans would be very grateful..atleast leo will make one section of argentines happy..

ManusXavi

If we can win, we are going to join Internazionale Milano (2010), FC Barcelona (2011) and Bayern Munich (2013) in winning the Quintuple (5 major trophies in a calender year). Astonishing achievement!

ManusXavi

I find it important to remember the amazing performances from the 2014-15 season that have got us to where we are this weekend.

Spanish Laliga:
Beat Villarreal 0-1 and 3-2
Beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 and 2-5
Lost Real Madrid 3-1, Beat Real Madrid 2-1
Beat Sevilla 5-1 and drew 2-2
Beat Valencia 0-1 and 2-0
Beat Atletico de Madrid 3-1 and 0-1

Spanish Knockout Cup.
Quarterfinals – beat Atletico de Madrid 1-0 and 2-3
Semi-finals – beat Villarreal 3-1 and 1-3
Final beat Athletic Bilbao 3-1

UEFA Champions League:
beat Netherlands Champion Ajax 3-1 and 0-2
lost to France Champion Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 then beat them 3-1
beat England Champion Manchester City 1-2 and then 1-0
beat France Champion Paris Saint-Germain 1-3 and then 2-0
beat Germany Champion Bayern Munich 3-0 then lost 3-2
Beat Italy Champion Juventus 3-1

UEFA Super Cup
beat Sevilla 5-4

Spain Super Cup
lost to Athletic Bilbao 4-0 then drew 1-1

FIFA Club World Cup
beat Asia Champions Guangzhou Evergrande 3-0

ManusXavi

It's hitting me a bit the disapointment that I am not there in Japan. At the same time I am absolutely buzzing for what will be an historic day for both River Plate and FC Barcelona. It's quite nice that Auckland City have been involved in the Club World Cup over these past few years otherwise New Zealand would have no idea that this is on. It's because of that it is shown on TV. Unlike La Liga and Copa del Rey, this presents another opportunity for New Zealand Barcelona fans who don't have easy access to Barcelona games (apart from the Champions League). It's also the school holidays so there will be quite a few school children watching the replay on monday.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I find it important to remember the amazing performances from the 2014-15 season that have got us to where we are this weekend.

Spanish Laliga:
Beat Villarreal 0-1 and 3-2
Beat Athletic Bilbao 2-0 and 2-5
Lost Real Madrid 3-1, Beat Real Madrid 2-1
Beat Sevilla 5-1 and drew 2-2
Beat Valencia 0-1 and 2-0
Beat Atletico de Madrid 3-1 and 0-1

Spanish Knockout Cup.
Quarterfinals – beat Atletico de Madrid 1-0 and 2-3
Semi-finals – beat Villarreal 3-1 and 1-3
Final beat Athletic Bilbao 3-1

UEFA Champions League:
beat Netherlands Champion Ajax 3-1 and 0-2
lost to France Champion Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 then beat them 3-1
beat England Champion Manchester City 1-2 and then 1-0
beat France Champion Paris Saint-Germain 1-3 and then 2-0
beat Germany Champion Bayern Munich 3-0 then lost 3-2
Beat Italy Champion Juventus 3-1

UEFA Super Cup
beat Sevilla 5-4

Spain Super Cup
lost to Athletic Bilbao 4-0 then drew 1-1

FIFA Club World Cup
beat Asia Champions Guangzhou Evergrande 3-0

It's been an amazing year, we've beaten so many quality teams and our biggest rivals. And it felt even more special as noone expected it with Lucho almost getting sacked little more than a year ago.

The best year in Barca history together with 2009. :)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Both Neymar and Messi training with the group today. Who would've thought that a couple of days ago? Can see both of them starting.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
If we can win, we are going to join Internazionale Milano (2010), FC Barcelona (2011) and Bayern Munich (2013) in winning the Quintuple (5 major trophies in a calender year). Astonishing achievement!
Nice but we won the sextuple, which is a better achievement :)

ManusXavi

It's been an amazing year, we've beaten so many quality teams and our biggest rivals. And it felt even more special as noone expected it with Lucho almost getting sacked little more than a year ago.

The best year in Barca history together with 2009. :)

Yep. I'd add 2011 into there as well.

@e3_barca 4 minHá 4 minutos
#fcblive La directiva hauria donat un "ultimatum" de dos partits a Luis Enrique, segons la COPE. http://goo.gl/oG0aQn

So, according to Cadena Cope, Barto gave Lucho an ultimatum: 2 games. If the results are bad, he's gone.

The way the team plays right now is beyond bad. The guy has no plan, no system... the more time he stays, the more damage he'll do.

It was pretty dark times on the Luis Enrique thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans