Club v Country

How much 'love' do you have for your native International side ?

• None - My club is the only team I follow & all I want is my players back fit.

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Lots - I love my native International team with a passion.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • In between - I follow both teams.

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

NickoH

You see, nobody ever goes in... and nobody ever co
Always having this debate over here in England.

What I'm after is how much 'love' do you have for your native International side ?

It's quite relevant with it being a World Cup year.

Myself, I couldn't give a shit really about England to be honest.

I picked Option 1......as long as my club (Liverpool) players come back safe and sound, that's all that matters.

In fact, since the Spanish invasion to Liverpool, lots of Liverpool supporters follow Spain more than England.

desoe

My country sux at football, so I don't really give a fuck about them. They will lose anyway, so I don't waste my nerves on that. I watch the games, but I don't get really excited. Probably I would support them more, if they were playing with heart and passion, but they are not doing it. So ... fuck them.

Last edited:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
never really held ant great belief that england could do it in a tournie (96 and 04) aside..

having seen barca do it all, i would sacrifice a trophyless year just this year to see england win the WC

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
There are no Englishmen at Barca so in that respect I don't worry about them coming back injured. The WC is the pinnacle of football and as a proud Englishman I'd love to see them do well. Barca go through bad periods but return to winning titles eventually. International football brings a different kind of emotion.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
in scotland it is the club. no one cares for the national team unless you support a small team. celtic and rangers do not really care that much for the national team and regularly have 'injured' players when it is time to play

Beast

The Observer
Country comes first & foremost , any player who put his club ahead of his country is a filthy scumbag who don't deserve any cheering or credit.
somethings money can't buy .. making millions of your countrymen happy even beating Andorra is great in my book

desoe

There are no Englishmen at Barca so in that respect I don't worry about them coming back injured. The WC is the pinnacle of football and as a proud Englishman I'd love to see them do well. Barca go through bad periods but return to winning titles eventually. International football brings a different kind of emotion.

World Cup is no doubt the most legendary event in world of football, but it's clearly not the same competition as it has been in the past, IMO.

Players tired as hell, performing with the last glimpses of any strenght and stamina they could find in their legs .. hell, what I see is the club football really killing the international with every year going on.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
None - My club is the only team I follow & all I want is my players back fit.

Country comes first & foremost , any player who put his club ahead of his country is a filthy scumbag who don't deserve any cheering or credit.
somethings money can't buy .. making millions of your countrymen happy even beating Andorra is great in my book

I completely disagree.

I couldn't give a rats arse if they make my countrymen happy or not.

All year long people boo Gerrard for example but come world cup time cheer him.

Me I am not a hypocrite. I boo Rooney in a manc top and I wish him nothing but the worst in an england top. I boo and jeer the mancs, chelsea and spurs players all year long, so I have no right to cheer them for 1 month.

Liverpool is my nation. Liverpool is my blood.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Liverpool isn't a nation. It's a scummy part of the UK that noone outside Merseyside cares about. Pool fans consistently have that mentality, yet everyone else around England comes together and puts aside club rivalries to support their country. There's nothing hypocritical about that, it's called patriotism. Seena as you claim Greece you wouldn't know.

World Cup is no doubt the most legendary event in world of football, but it's clearly not the same competition as it has been in the past, IMO.

Players tired as hell, performing with the last glimpses of any strenght and stamina they could find in their legs .. hell, what I see is the club football really killing the international with every year going on.

I do agree with you on that. In terms of the occasion and the hype it's still by far the biggest. But the growing number of club games and money that is club football now is certainly negatively affecting the players. Something should certainly be done to combat that IMO, maybe reducing European fixtures in a WC year for example.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Have you been to Liverpool, stayed there longer than 48 hours? visited the sites like the cavern etc? That's right no one outside merseyside cares, then why were they the european capital of culture 2008? who decided that dumbass?

I can name every city in the UK with its scummy element. East London is scum and I know I lived there for 20 years.

Not just us, manure, arsenal, chelsea fans all have that mentality. We usually are the teams fighting for the trophies over the past decade thus we care more about us than the national team. What some english people call patriotism others call hooliganism. Euro 2000 was a disgrace.

Greece are in my blood so yes I want them to do well, but certainly not at the expense of Liverpool. Greece may be my blood, but Liverpool is my heart.

Last edited:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yes because every England fan is the same as the hooligans in 2000 :rolleyes: London has a hell of a lot more going for it than Liverpool. I know plenty of Northerners who aren't Pool fans but are passionate about the national team. When the World Cup comes along see how many cars are on the road up and down the country when England are playing. All those fans who 'don't care' about England are glued to their tv sets or in a pub cheering on their COUNTRY. Seen as the likes of Chelsea, United, Arsenal have most of their fans outside of their cities, theyr can't claim their 'local' club ahead of their nation.

Home of Barca Fans