Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Jombi

You're right, but I still think he should play easy games, just to test him and see if he's got it in him. But Digne certainly can play there.

It's true that the only reserve player I'd consider buying would be a versatile one, like Keita back in the days, but we should generally stop spending money on reserve players and start promoting them from within (ones who have potential and are good enough). In a 23-man squad, we should have 2 to play in each position, and one "number 12" (a player capable of playing in many positions). We already have Roberto though.

Buying talented players wouldnt simply be as a reserve option though, but as a potential successor to our starters. And the more versatile they are, the more playing time they'll get and the more easy the transition will be. That's why I dont like signing players like Digne who was bound to get very few games and be rusty and unhappy with the situation. Its been a long time since we've had any successes with La Masia, so I guess we're due for a successful player there soon.

ebieymjunior

Buying talented players wouldnt simply be as a reserve option though, but as a potential successor to our starters. And the more versatile they are, the more playing time they'll get and the more easy the transition will be. That's why I dont like signing players like Digne who was bound to get very few games and be rusty and unhappy with the situation. Its been a long time since we've had any successes with La Masia, so I guess we're due for a successful player there soon.

You're absolutely correct, but the only reason for the current lack of playing time is lack of rotation. If, in a 23-man squad, there are 2 players that can adequately play in every 1 of the 11 positions (obviously some players can play in multiple), there's 1 joker, there's a healthy rotation, and there's a healthy dose of playing time for B team players (not just to play for playing sake, but to test them), then things would be much different.

Digne is indeed an example of a player we shouldn't buy. Luckily for him he can also play at CB and neither Cucurella or Miranda are ready for the first team this year, so one more year for him would be ideal before promoting Cucu.

mia7007

If we see Digne not a Barca player (even backup), sell him from now and promote Cucu. He will never gain experience in B team in third level. Put him in Copa and easy league games with Umtiti in his side
In general sell all non Barca level players and promote our best talents even if they are not fully ready, better to wait for them and accept their mistakes rather waiting for Gomes or Delo to perform
I would give Oriol, Arnaiz, Alena, Cucu and Cuenca the chance this season
If Alena got the same chances Gomes took he would be at different level now

xXKonan

I have a feeling we might sell Digne this summer and use Lenglet as a Abidal like LB backup for Alba for now.

Sorin

Watch this guy turn into another 30 million Paco/Gomes. We are experts at this kind of deals recently.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Meh.

Instead of going after De Ligt we go after this guy who in my opinion has not shown much at all. The club still makes 5 bad decisions after every good one I suppose.

Trickykid

Meh.

Instead of going after De Ligt we go after this guy who in my opinion has not shown much at all. The club still makes 5 bad decisions after every good one I suppose.

Could we perhaps wait a bit and see if the transfer actually happens, and then see how he does before we call it a bad decision? De Ligt is obviously a huge talent, but he wouldn't exactly be the first great Ajax talent failing to realize his potential...

I'm not entirely sure how good Lenglet actually is or how good he'll be, but right now I feel there are better odds on him succeeding than a kid like De Ligt.

Devils

We've had a good history with former Sevilla players so I'm optimistic about it.

De Ligt is talented but he is also a Mino Raiola player and that come with big headaches and transfer drama every year.

Fucking sick of having players with scumbag agents after the Neymar saga. Give me Lenglet any day of the week over those headaches.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Y'all could at least wait and see how he does before passing judgement. We're probably going to need to sign another cb as well, if Mina and Verm both leave.

Andrew M

I watched him on his debut for sevilla actually. Also watched him vs. Utd in the Champions League this season and at Old Trafford he was excellent. Not saying Utd's attack is formidable, but it's still the CL level.

mia7007

De Light is far better, if we can get him for 40m, definitely ignore Lenglet
Loan Mina, keep Verma for another season and get De Light

Nothanks

no reason for ajax to accept anything less than 60m+

city WILL out bid us if they want to because infinite money and offer him higher wages.

Home of Barca Fans