Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Arizona Scott

Why is no one talking about how shitty this man was today?

Umtiti was schoolboy against Roma too, and that wasn't his 1st season. I still like Lenglet moving forward. Bring in De Ligt or the Leipzig guy though to began for the phased Pique retirement (Pique has been great this year but he is up there in age).

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I thought he was okay defensively considering he had no help from the midfield...but his distribution was awful. Consistent, quality distribution from the back has been missing since Mascherano left.

Neymessi

One bad game doesn't negate the season he's had. But what a game he chose to have a shit game.

He has consistently looked average and shaky but hasn't had blunders which makes people think he is fine. He is not, and probably never will be barca level.

Train umtiti and make him the best he once was. We need that CB desperately.

Sorin

He has consistently looked average and shaky but hasn't had blunders which makes people think he is fine. He is not, and probably never will be barca level.

Train umtiti and make him the best he once was. We need that CB desperately.

You're right, he's nothing more than a 3rd CB for Barcelona. Bring in De Ligt and try Todibo in his place in 10-15 matches next season, since his ceiling is way over what Lenglet can do now and in the future. If Umtiti can't regain his form from 2 seasons ago that is. Umtiti in his best season for us was still twice the player that Lenglet is, contrary to the opinion of some recency biased guys around here.

If Umtiti had this performance tonight you'd see them coming in in droves trying to shit on him but when Lenglet does it, it will be pointed that others did it too so no biggy.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Big players turn up in big matches. He's been great no doubt, but today he made me doubt whether he's a big game player. It's easy being the 3rd CB but does he have the level to be our first choice and leader of the defense.

I would give him another season under a proper manager to assess whether he's got what it takes.

kilian

I've said it more than once that Umtiti at his best is way better than this guy. But people behave like idiots and want Umtiti sold like he was fucking Gomes. Lenglet isn't bad, he is a good player, but he's not world class. Everyone realized that today, in the worst moment possible.

underoath

Banned
I've said it more than once that Umtiti at his best is way better than this guy. But people behave like idiots and want Umtiti sold like he was fucking Gomes. Lenglet isn't bad, he is a good player, but he's not world class. Everyone realized that today, in the worst moment possible.

Remind me what happened at Roma ?

malvolio

judging lenglet after last's night game i believe is not fair. by the same token we can say the first 11 that played last year against roma and the first 11 from last night are all shit.

he is a good defender, and he showed it all year around, this being his first season here. he wasn't even bought to be a starter but he managed the role quite well i think.

there are other players in the squad who are under performing year after year. oh, an btw, didn't umtiti pull the same shit last year against roma?

Sorin

judging lenglet after last's night game i believe is not fair. by the same token we can say the first 11 that played last year against roma and the first 11 from last night are all shit.

he is a good defender, and he showed it all year around, this being his first season here. he wasn't even bought to be a starter but he managed the role quite well i think.

there are other players in the squad who are under performing year after year. oh, an btw, didn't umtiti pull the same shit last year against roma?

In general I don't agree with the majority here that he has been without fault this season, he hasn't been as good as proclaimed here, but disregarding that for now, isn't Umtiti slagged off at every opportunity nowadays? To me what you are doing right now to excuse Lenglet's performance last night is the very definition of whataboutism.

malvolio

In general I don't agree with the majority here that he has been without fault this season, he hasn't been as good as proclaimed here, but disregarding that for now, isn't Umtiti slagged off at every opportunity nowadays? To me what you are doing right now to excuse Lenglet's performance last night is the very definition of whataboutism.

i didn't excuse anything. i was stating that this knee jerk reaction after a poor performance is unjustified, even more so when the guy is one of our standout performers this season.

i haven't slagged of umtiti last year for the roma performance. i understood that this can happen and all the team was crap, like it happened last night.

so considering all this, should we trash all the players from last night and erase all that they have done good this season?

Home of Barca Fans