Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

God Serena

Has really come into his own this season. With Umtiti coming back it'll be interesting to see those two battle it out.

Messigician

3 at the back is the perfect answer for this season tbh.

Would really benefit Alba and Roberto as they're not the best defensively so they czn focus more on playmaking and offence.

Dembele Suarez Messi
Alba Arthur Busquets Roberto
Umtiti Pique Lenglet
Ter Stegen

serghei

Impressive transfer. Would start at most teams in the world tbh. We're lucky to have him. Young too. Sevilla being kind to us again.

Sorin

What a performance! Best he's played for us.

Cherry on top, the elbow on horseface. Should get a bonus for that alone.

Impressive transfer. Would start at most teams in the world tbh. We're lucky to have him. Young too. Sevilla being kind to us again.

We paid the release clause. Sevilla couldn't do anything to stop this transfer.

Leo_Messi

A very impressive performance indeed. Not that this comes as a particular surprise as he has been very solid all season long all things considered. Evident by us only letting 6 goals in so far in the league after that Atlético 1-1 draw. That was 13 league games ago. Only conceded once against RM in the CdR semifinal as well and kept Lyon from scoring away from home.

While Piqué, even though he has been highly criticized on this forum from certain users, while I have always tended to defend him, has been the best performing CB in that time period, Lenglet's contribution cannot be underestimated.

An incredibly solid and young CB option for us. Either from the start or when coming on from the bench. I was a bit skeptical when we first bought him but he has surely proven most if not all doubters wrong so far.

Last edited:

serghei

What a performance! Best he's played for us.

Cherry on top, the elbow on horseface. Should get a bonus for that alone.

We paid the release clause. Sevilla couldn't do anything to stop this transfer.

I meant that the players they develop are really something else for us. Even Adriano, a player nobody expected much from, was good for us overall. Nevermind Keita, Alves, Rakitic and now Lenglet. Aleix Vidal is probably the only exception in the last decade. It helps that they have pedigree in Europe, so the players are kind of already primed for success at a big club with big games in Europe under their belt by the time they play for us. Legnlet basically shut down United in a similar game to this one (2-1 win on Old Trafford). So this kind of performance is something he already showed at the biggest level, before signing for us. That helps immensely.

A very impressive performance indeed. Not that this comes as a particular surprise as he has been very solid all season long all things considered. Evident but us only letting 6 goals in so far in the league after that Atlético 1-1 draw. That was 13 league games ago. Only conceded once against RM in the CdR semifinal as well and kept Lyon from scoring away from home.

While Piqué, even though he has been highly criticized on this forum from certain users, while I have always tended to defend him, has been the best performing CB in that time period, Lenglet's contribution cannot be underestimated.

An incredibly solid and young CB option for us. Either from the start or when coming on from the bench. I was a bit skeptical when we first bought him but he has surely proven most if not al doubters wrong so far.

He has rare abilities as a CB which are traditionally important for a club like ours. Doesn't panic, know where to sit positionally as to reach in time for any cross in his area. His weaknesses is when he has to cover wide areas due to fullbacks being beaten or being caught up front. Because of these things, I'd say he's even better when we are defending deeper.

Last edited:

Porque

My signing of the season. I gave it a lot of doubt in summer and wanted someone more glamourous. But he has been fantastic.

Umtiti's injuries could of derailed us. Kudos to the scouting department.

Sorin

I meant that the players they develop are really something else for us. Even Adriano, a player nobody expected much from, was good for us overall. Nevermind Keita, Alves, Rakitic and now Lenglet. Aleix Vidal is probably the only exception in the last decade. It helps that they have pedigree in Europe, so the players are kind of already primed for success at a big club with big games in Europe under their belt by the time they play for us. Legnlet basically shut down United in a similar game to this one (2-1 win on Old Trafford). So this kind of performance is something he already showed at the biggest level, before signing for us. That helps immensely.

I see. Well yes, in that aspect, the players that Sevilla develop seem to be doing great with us. However it's not like they develop them for us, they have everything to gain if they develop them to such good standards. First, they benefit on the pitch and then when they sell them.

Btw, the mandatory release clauses are screwing over teams like Sevilla, who unearth these low-key players in the leagues of Europe, groom them a year or two and then a team like us pay the lowly release clause and bam, they are gone. Let's be serious, Lenglet on current market value would have gone for 50m minimum, especially after last season performances in CL.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Great signing. Had a tremendous luck though with Umtiti injury as he wouldn't have had nearly close minutes played he has now.

Home of Barca Fans