Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Sorin

Don't know what to think of him. Just hope he's not gonna end like the two, 30 million range players(Gomes, Paco) that failed us. Brought because they were young and had Liga experience.

JamDav1982

You keep saying sub, like you're ordering a sandwich. Sub, sub. The guy is 18 years old, Pique is 31 as we speak. Being a substitute player for a season, bridging the gap and getting integrated into the first team is standard procedure for nearly all newcomers. The suggestion is flawless, but obviously your complete lack of cognitive skills and foresight blinds your already meagre understanding of the premis for my argument.

Vermaelen was a 'garbage' signing, due to his ridiculous history with injuries; we even signed him when he was injured. And where is he today? Oh year, injured. He is a decent player when not injured, which is like saying 'JamDav is intelligent, when not spewing negative, blatantly arrogant dismissals of other's opinions right and left' - Meaning 9.2 % of the time.

Paco is GREAT in those 2 games per year he gets. Paulinho was the only player on the list who has been somewhat succesful, due to a high amounts of goals; but he is turning 31 and in no way a 'STELLAR' signing for 40 mil. euros.

Lastly, we won't buy a sub for 70 mil. euros, dude WTF are you smoking? Apparently we just bought a sub for twice that amount in Dembélé. Zero of your lazy arguments holds water. FACT

Another load of clueless nonsense.

Shit argument as Dembele was never bought to be a sub.

Barca wont pay 50-70m for a sub player and he wont want to go to Barca to be that.

khaled_a_d

Barca wont pay 50-70m for a sub player and he wont want to go to Barca to be that.

1-Regarding Barca won't be paying 50-70M for back up, well with Griezmann, Arthur, and may be new midfielder you are correct, but in general if it wasn't for those this is a current sub with an eye of being a starter for a decade to come (if Barca really rates him that high) and I don't think we would be really against paying 50M for him.

2-Regarding him doesn't want a sub, this might be the case. but it can be the opposite, and he wants to leave now -if rumors to be believed- and it seem that City after him and they have like 5 CB with Otamendi,Kompany and young Stones and Laporte. He will be likely a sub there too and will need to fight badly for starting spot.

xXKonan

[tw]996503284994183169[/tw]

Lenglets agent met with Robert last Wednesday. Says that Lenglet would like to go to a team where he would feel important as in not really a sub role by the sounds of it.

Givenchy

why is it other clubs manage to have decent bench players yet at Barca, every target we go for as backup want to be nailed on starters. this is how were ending up with a bench of Gomes, Paco, Denis etc

FC433

I would pay extra 20m to 25m and get De Ligt. 4 years younger better potential and we could play Umtiti as a LB.

xXKonan

DdRsAezXkAAJEvh.jpg

MD pushing that we have an agreement but I doubt it. I need to see who wrote the article.

BarçaBarça

De Light would be a better solution for sure but he is much more expensive though.

Davinson Sanchez is there most expensive player ever for 40M last year, and Milik cost 32M as the second most expensive.
We should be able to get a fair price for De Ligt, if he really wants to leave as the press reports..

Messi983

MD pushing that we have an agreement but I doubt it. I need to see who wrote the article.

It's some guy named Curro Tello. Don't know who he is but he's apparently reporting from Sevilla.

Davinson Sanchez is there most expensive player ever for 40M last year, and Milik cost 32M as the second most expensive.
We should be able to get a fair price for De Ligt, if he really wants to leave as the press reports..

But then again, Sanchez and Milik were sold to the clubs who are rich but not on the level with City or Barça.

City is interested in him and they've recently paid 50M+ for CBs Stones and Laporte and other defenders like Walker and Mendy. Why wouldn't Ajax try to get the most they can for De Ligt, especially when they'll sell against their will. It was reported a while ago that they want to keep him for at least another season but he wants to leave (which I don't think is a smart move for his career but we'll see). We would be in a good position if De Ligt would only be willing to come to Barça like Umtiti but that's not the case from what I've read. IIRC there were even reports he prefers to go to the Premier League so our chances to get him are probably very low even if we would be prepared to go into a bidding war with City which I don't think we should do. We have other, bigger needs than spending 60 or 70M on a CB.

Devils

If anything, I am glad to see we are wrapping up our transfer buys early this summer. So it looks like it will Griezmann, Lenglet and Arthur purchased in the summer.

Probably going to take the entire summer to get rid of the dead weight though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's nothing special. I really wish we would gave/give our youth a real shot at 4th option CB.

Home of Barca Fans