Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

xXKonan

Now that we got him.

I really hope this will be the end of having to play the likes of Pique when it was clear he was carrying a knee injury because the coach didn't trust Yerry.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Now that we got him.

I really hope this will be the end of having to play the likes of Pique when it was clear he was carrying a knee injury because the coach didn't trust Yerry.

If Im not mistaken Vermaelen was fit when Pique had that knee injury and that didn't stop Valverde from fielding Pique every game.

xXKonan

If Im not mistaken Vermaelen was fit when Pique had that knee injury and that didn't stop Valverde from fielding Pique every game.
Yeah I remember that as well.

Verm got injured in the Betis match but came back a couple of weeks after it and I did complain about how underutilized Verm was being used when he was fit during the second half of the season despite his excellent performances.

We paid 35 Million for Lenglet and I would hope he is used a lot this upcoming season.

God Serena

lenglet is more of a contributor to Barcelona then anyone here would ever be, lmao he has more rights to kiss the badge at this point than all of us here.
what if he was a big fan of us since childhood or even the past 5 years

Maybe he was. I find it hard to believe every player is legitimately a huge fan of the club they sign for when they kiss it, though.

And how much he's contributed to the club has very little to do with kissing the badge. This club brought me into football as a whole and is quite possibly the reason why I made it through a sickly childhood, I think I have more right to kiss it than some mercenary who just wants a cute photo. I'd rather see some Barca B or Juvenil kid kiss it than even the likes of Neymar.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Maybe he was. I find it hard to believe every player is legitimately a huge fan of the club they sign for when they kiss it, though.

And how much he's contributed to the club has very little to do with kissing the badge. This club brought me into football as a whole and is quite possibly the reason why I made it through a sickly childhood, I think I have more right to kiss it than some mercenary who just wants a cute photo. I'd rather see some Barca B or Juvenil kid kiss it than even the likes of Neymar.
Tbh man that badge kissing usually doesn’t mean shit. Why should we care? I swear don’t all players do this in their presentations?

God Serena

Tbh man that badge kissing usually doesn’t mean shit. Why should we care? I swear don’t all players do this in their presentations?

Yeah, it really doesn't mean anything at all, at least, when done during the presentations. When Messi scores a hat trick and runs to the fans while doing it it has a lot more meaning.

Ascom

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with transfer.
Barça is paying 36 million for a backup central defender. Pique and Umtiti will be the in the lineup and only in case injure of the main two or cup games, Lenglet will have opportunities. Don't think we should spend 36 million in this.

Sergi Gomez from Celta or Marc Bartra from Betis could perfectly be competent backups.

FC433

^I do not agree. Every club must have 3 top quality CBs and the forth can be either experienced or talented. CL is fine, I wish we went for De Ligt instead though.

xXKonan

Sergi Gomez is nowhere near good enough for us even as a third option CB.

He wasn't anything special in the B team compared to the likes of Bartra and Celta is around his level.

GOAT_SUAREZ

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with transfer.
Barça is paying 36 million for a backup central defender. Pique and Umtiti will be the in the lineup and only in case injure of the main two or cup games, Lenglet will have opportunities. Don't think we should spend 36 million in this.

Sergi Gomez from Celta or Marc Bartra from Betis could perfectly be competent backups.

Wrong. Bayern has Boateng, Hummels and Süle. 3 stud CBs are badly needed not to mention Pique is declining

Home of Barca Fans