Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

JamDav1982

If he is 30-35m would open up a lot of teams.

Just guessing but Leeds/Everton/Arsenal etc all have fairly average CBs.

Leeds could do with a blockbuster Neto, Lenglet, Firpo deal!

mc_lovin

Would be complete madness selling him. And I am one of the guys who said since day 1 that hes not good enough to be a starter. But it could be much, much worse (not necessarily this season). I am glad the catalan press finally turned on him though (and to a degree on Busquets).

But i do hope the next president shows ambition and goes for a worldclass CB in the next ~2years. Lenglet, Araujo, Garcia + X looks fine.

He is not bad in general. He is very good in ball distribution, heading... But has really bad feet quicckness, therefore very clumsy in 1-1 situations. He played very good games against Real under Valverde, when we had to play deep and he was very good in covering our box. So i really believe he could be good in some other system, not ours.

Rory

I'm just not convinced by Lenglet at all. I don't think he brings more to our defence than an average europa league (from top 4 leagues) standard centre back. Gets folded in virtually every big game, gets folded against players with pace and this season he's made mistake after mistake. He does well when the team is doing well like most europa league standard players would. I don't want his status growing and growing in the squad because we famously can't get rid of players like that. If he can turn it around and start putting in some serious performances against the top teams then I'll change my tune.

soul24rage

He is not bad in general. He is very good in ball distribution, heading... But has really bad feet quicckness, therefore very clumsy in 1-1 situations. He played very good games against Real under Valverde, when we had to play deep and he was very good in covering our box. So i really believe he could be good in some other system, not ours.

+1

Catta

United was interested in him while he was at Sevilla, they have the money, and their CBs are average. We could get 40 mil at least for him.

Porque

United was interested in him while he was at Sevilla, they have the money, and their CBs are average. We could get 40 mil at least for him.

What I was going to say. In a normal market Lenglet should get a good fee. He is very good when on form, just 25 and almost never injured. That alone should make him the perfect 3rd option for us.

The question is how it is spent to replace him and for that we need a good SD and scouting.

xXKonan

Lenglet's time here has always had that big of a question mark whether or not he has a long term future here.

Even when he was doing good under Valverde, it only seemed like he was a starter because Umtiti was crocked to shit and Valverde didn't fancy the other options we had like Todibo, but Valverde did rate Araujo but he was still too green to throw out there at the time. Lenglet did well enough but his flaws kept getting more and more exposed and he has shown it this season.

Seems like a nice guy but good god he reminds of a Left-Footed Marc Bartra this season. Getting burned by pace, struggling in 1v1s and getting physcially manhandled way to easily. You know it's bad when you have two young rookies in Mingueza and Araujo looking much more secure out there when he's suppose to be one of the Vets of the Back line.

Horatio

You're welcome
Id say I am one of the fans who is a bit more patient with the players around this place, but have slowly started considering him a very weak link and could cost Barca a lot if he doesnt step up soon. Otherwise replace.

Home of Barca Fans