Claudio Bravo

SwiftGuyver

Bravo is a very good keeper and a perfect backup choice for us IMO.

- 79 caps for his country (and he'll easily reach over 100 before the end of his career).
- over 200 La Liga appearances.
- he is good with his feet and is comfortable playing out from the back.

i think the fee we're paying actually reflects what a great price we managed to get MAtS for more than anything! in this day and age 11m for a backup GK isn't really that bad especially when he is a proven international with La Liga & CL experience and is still only 31 years old (obviously still young for a GK). plus we have a potential world class 22 year old GK in MAtS. we are set for the next 5-6 years in the GK department and i am happy how quickly the board have sorted this situation after VV & Pinto both leaving this summer.

zanela

I don't mind Bravo (regardless of his barca role), but only at a reasonable price. The rumoured 11M+player makes him 5th most expensive keeper of all time, and neither his age, abilities and even experience can justify it. Given his age, a resale won't fetch us even half what we'll play. His only CL campaign was disastrous, and currently not even amongst top 15 in his position. Its a poor deal, and there's no two ways about it. I don't think we'd be in for him, if it wasn't someone in the technical team pushing for it.
For the same/ or lower amount, we could better.
Atlético for instance bought Moyà for 3 M€, a better keeper, also with over 200+ games in the primera.

The MAtS price would look good only if he turns out to be a success. BMG have a huge stake in any potential resale.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing positive to be taken from our dealings in the transfer market.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Well lets look at this transfer or potential transfer from an optimistic POV. Bravo might become a super 2nd choice GK and Alexis might think he plays for Chile and get the Jugadorazo form going on full steam

Evan Roberts

In terms of ball distribution he is one of the best in the world, not just in one touch short passing under pressure but also his long kicks are very direct and accurate and will help us escape the high press without losing possession. After the Chile game against England Hodgson said it was the "best demonstration of footwork and passing I’ve ever seen from a keeper.”

On the other hand he punches/blocks where better/taller keepers catch the ball, is poor 1 vs 1 and makes the occasional howler, see Bale goal this year.

F

Flavia

I don't mind Bravo (regardless of his barca role), but only at a reasonable price. The rumoured 11M+player makes him 5th most expensive keeper of all time, and neither his age, abilities and even experience can justify it. Given his age, a resale won't fetch us even half what we'll play. His only CL campaign was disastrous, and currently not even amongst top 15 in his position. Its a poor deal, and there's no two ways about it. I don't think we'd be in for him, if it wasn't someone in the technical team pushing for it.
For the same/ or lower amount, we could better.
Atlético for instance bought Moyà for 3 M€, a better keeper, also with over 200+ games in the primera.

The MAtS price would look good only if he turns out to be a success. BMG have a huge stake in any potential resale.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing positive to be taken from our dealings in the transfer market.

Maybe jds refusal in joining Sociedad will make zubi not pay all the money they're trying to get. That would be great, as zubi would have to go for caballero.

kozza

In terms of ball distribution he is one of the best in the world, not just in one touch short passing under pressure but also his long kicks are very direct and accurate and will help us escape the high press without losing possession. After the Chile game against England Hodgson said it was the "best demonstration of footwork and passing I’ve ever seen from a keeper.”

On the other hand he punches/blocks where better/taller keepers catch the ball, is poor 1 vs 1 and makes the occasional howler, see Bale goal this year.
This obsession for passing is absolutely incredible, it even have priority over being a good GK, Oier was promoted to first team because of this despite being an average GK.

L

linetty

Better than having Pinto as a backup keeper. I hope we don't pay more than 6M.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I fucking don't care anymore about the money involved. Just pay them whatever they are asking. 10M right? Just pay them what difference does 4M make when we have 120M budget. Add to it the facts about Ter stegen very less amount and rakitic very dencent deal and halilovic also. We are making some good deals. Some times we have to overpay. Just finish it fast and get to the main point. Stop wasting time making a deal for fucking bravo.
sign a fucking CB already zubi. Getting tired of your shit here. Finish Rakitic and Bravo deals this week and start working on that CB you promised everyone

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Home of Barca Fans