Classico Overdose

F

Flavia

I wouldn't do something equally terrible, that's for sure.
I don't think the lawsuit is something equally terrible. The institution FCB was deeply offended... we can't just bend over and let he say whatever he wants.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Is it really this hard to treat Mourinho like a troll when he trolls and ignore him ?

To be honest I didn't have a problem ignoring most of his comment, except one...

When he went on about the CL Pep won being a shame, that just ticked me off for some reason, his hypocrisy and everything I was able to ignore, but that comment about Pep just infuriated me...

XaviMessiGirl

I don't think the lawsuit is something equally terrible. The institution FCB was deeply offended... we can't just bend over and let he say whatever he wants.

Not just referring to that. I'm also referring to constant diving and whining to the refs during the match. Just because RM players play dirty doesn't mean we have to play dirty too.

As for other allegations Mou made we have the right to protest of course - talking shit about Pep's abilities as a coach and saying we didn't deserve any of our success is unacceptable. But I can only see something bad coming out of it. If Mou gets punished there will be backlash from Madrid. If Mou does not get punished it will only make us more angry. Tuesday's match will not be pretty.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Not referring to that. I'm referring to constant diving and whining to the refs during the match. Just because RM players play dirty doesn't mean we have to play dirty too.

We've tried. Look at Copa del Rey final, or even the league match at Bernabeu. Madrid players got away with their constant fouls, on and off the ball. I'm sure the playacting was Pep's solution to their fouling us off the park. We played dirty and I don't think anyone likes to see the team they support playing dirty, but we didn't have much choice, we fought fire with fire. I could not care less about the diving, every single club in the world does it and anyone that accuses us of being divers is a hypocrite. What annoys me is the whole circus off the field.

F

Flavia

Not just referring to that. I'm also referring to constant diving and whining to the refs during the match. Just because RM players play dirty doesn't mean we have to play dirty too.
The 1st 2 games weren't like that... I think the players got tired of getting abused, got hotheaded, and then resorted to that kind of stuff.

XaviMessiGirl

I dunno, I just don't like seeing Barca stoop to their level. If we win the CL, this is what we'll be remembered for, not for being the greatest club in the world.

Culers_In_Arms

We've tried. Look at Copa del Rey final, or even the league match at Bernabeu. Madrid players got away with their constant fouls, on and off the ball. I'm sure the playacting was Pep's solution to their fouling us off the park. We played dirty and I don't think anyone likes to see the team they support playing dirty, but we didn't have much choice, we fought fire with fire. I could not care less about the diving, every single club in the world does it and anyone that accuses us of being divers is a hypocrite. What annoys me is the whole circus off the field.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think Guardiola was put in an impossible situation where he was going to be criticized no matter what just like the referee in that match. Without the diving & playacting from our players, he would have been criticized for meekly submitting to Mourinho's tactics & with it, he is criticized of stooping to a low level. Given the context, I can fully understand why he went with the latter.
But I have to also agree with most of the the original post about the Clasico's becoming a boring drag.

XaviMessiGirl

I think that a little bit of exaggeration there...

Not really... neutrals' opinions of us have certainly changed since we won two years ago. Before it was just Chelsea fans who thought they'd been robbed, who hated us. Then last year it was the Inter fans. In those two instances, who cares because they were just mad about a couple events that took place, blah blah blah. Now it's more and more people and it doesn't matter who they support. I know it shouldn't really matter what other people think of us but reputation is actually important in sports whether you like it or not.

And before someone says it, no we're not hated because of jealousy, and every time someone says that it just cements the hate more. Part of it is how damn arrogant most of us are as well.

gingerless

+10000000

I dunno, I just don't like seeing Barca stoop to their level. If we win the CL, this is what we'll be remembered for, not for being the greatest club in the world.

disagree strongly. we have been labelled as divers ever since our dominance began, probably before too but even more so now, haters gonna hate is all i can say to that. you shouldn't be giving a shit about those retard fans even though it must be hard for you (if you have friends/people that don't even watch barcelona) this whole "i hate diving" thing is- i believe- mostly people that just think about "oh what are my friends going to say now about the club, it's gonna be brutal at work tomorrow" <--- some variation of that. not to mention it is shameful but that is what most people are worried about, not really the diving itself. now you can argue against that all you want but that's how i see it

XaviMessiGirl

disagree strongly. we have been labelled as divers ever since our dominance began, probably before too but even more so now, haters gonna hate is all i can say to that. you shouldn't be giving a shit about those retard fans even though it must be hard for you (if you have friends/people that don't even watch barcelona) this whole "i hate diving" thing is- i believe- mostly people that just think about "oh what are my friends going to say now about the club, it's gonna be brutal at work tomorrow" <--- some variation of that. not to mention it is shameful but that is what most people are worried about, not really the diving itself. now you can argue against that all you want but that's how i see it

A) Yes, but not at the level we are now.

B) I don't have to deal with any people in real life who hate or even care about Barca, so that is not my motive.

C) I do hate diving and I think it should be punished more often. Maybe if that happened then people wouldn't do it as much. I'm aware we're not the only club who does that, and anyone who thinks so doesn't know what they're talking about, but we are guilty of it for sure. Busquets for example could be so much more, but everyone who's not a Barca fan labels him as shit because of his antics.

All I'm trying to say is that even though Real Madrid and Mourinho are to blame for most of this, there must be classier ways to deal with them. Getting someone sent off because of a dive has the potential to change the outcome of the entire game, how is that any better than what Madrid did to us to provoke that in the first place?

Richard.H

Not really... neutrals' opinions of us have certainly changed since we won two years ago. Before it was just Chelsea fans who thought they'd been robbed, who hated us. Then last year it was the Inter fans. In those two instances, who cares because they were just mad about a couple events that took place, blah blah blah. Now it's more and more people and it doesn't matter who they support. I know it shouldn't really matter what other people think of us but reputation is actually important in sports whether you like it or not.

And before someone says it, no we're not hated because of jealousy, and every time someone says that it just cements the hate more. Part of it is how damn arrogant most of us are as well.

Disagree. It all ultimately comes down to how many titles a team has.

Home of Barca Fans