CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

skn02

Mathieu has no bussiness starting these kind of games.

And he won't, I guarantee you that we will see the same lineup vs Cordoba. Lucho has always started his strongest lineup vs a weak team in the league game prior to a big game. To give them rhythm going in and what not, I guess.

skn02

Can anyone tell me what's the record for barca with the starting lineup vs Cordoba?? I know we've never lost the entire season with that lineup, but have we ever been drawn?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Can anyone tell me what's the record for barca with the starting lineup vs Cordoba?? I know we've never lost the entire season with that lineup, but have we ever been drawn?

We haven't lost a single game or even draw with that lineup. Don't know how many matches we played with that lineup though...

skn02

We haven't lost a single game or even draw with that lineup. Don't know how many matches we played with that lineup though...

For all I know, that's our big game lineup, and lucho been rotating for other "easier" games, but he always fielded that lineup in big games since he found that lineup after the crisis in January.

skn02

Lol people so grateful here.
Started vs RM and scored a decisive goal but people already forgot.

Yeah he did well, but the best Barca lineup this year is the one started vs Cordoba last game. Matthieu will come in as a sub to replace one of the midfielder with mascherano moving up to defend a lead or some sort, that's how lucho roll.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Lol people so grateful here.
Started vs RM and scored a decisive goal but people already forgot.

Nothing to do with being gratefull, in this game, the main task of CBs is to avoid us conceding goals not scoring, that's MSN's job and they are "decent" at it, and I trust Masche with defending and keeping/getting the ball forward a thousand times more than clumsy Matthieu.

FCBayern

And Toni up top. Don't forget him. Immense player. He's bossing Serie A even to this day. :coffee:

yep, Toni was a beast, but that game ended too early for him to show anything. They all had to fall back and save the defense and the team from embarrassment.

Devils

Bayern are very strong in the air.

I wouldn't have a problem with Mathieu starting because of that. And Mathieu hasn't exactly done anything terribly wrong to warrant such harsh criticism.

I

instinct

Bayern are very strong in the air.

I wouldn't have a problem with Mathieu starting because of that. And Mathieu hasn't exactly done anything terribly wrong to warrant such harsh criticism.

His clearances are sloppy and rarely reach a teammate. Suicidal vs a possession-based team such as Bayern.

Home of Barca Fans