CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Neuer
Boateng Benatia Martinez
Lahm Alonso Schweinsteiger Thiago Bernat
Müller Lewandowski

Right now. Schweinsteiger is not really fit. You see that on the pitch. And Lahm after his injuries is not in the form to play the right winger. Rafi is better there. A lot do not rate him but he is a starter since Pep is in Munich and he showed often enough why.

The formation right now with a fit Martinez would be like this

-----------Neuer
Benatia - Martinez - Boateng
Rafinha -----Alonso---Bernat
--------Lahm - Thiago
----Müller - Lewandowski

Everything very flexible. Five in the back, four in the back, three - like the situation needs it. Lahm on the 8 or on the right wing - Müller hanging striker, right 8 or on the wing, Thiago mirrors Lahm on the right side.

I am pretty sure that all of the above mentioned will be starters next Wednesday - without Martinez. There is only one position open - but that might define a lot in the tactics.

3rd defender, another midfielder or another offensive option...

Leo_Messi

Right now. Schweinsteiger is not really fit. You see that on the pitch. And Lahm after his injuries is not in the form to play the right winger. Rafi is better there. A lot do not rate him but he is a starter since Pep is in Munich and he showed often enough why.

The formation right now with a fit Martinez would be like this

-----------Neuer
Benatia - Martinez - Boateng
Rafinha -----Alonso---Bernat
--------Lahm - Thiago
----Müller - Lewandowski

Everything very flexible. Five in the back, four in the back, three - like the situation needs it. Lahm on the 8 or on the right wing - Müller hanging striker, right 8 or on the wing, Thiago mirrors Lahm on the right side.

I am pretty sure that all of the above mentioned will be starters next Wednesday - without Martinez. There is only one position open - but that might define a lot in the tactics.

3rd defender, another midfielder or another offensive option...

That's an impressive team despite your absences. Especially defensively and possession wise. If you somehow manage to take the lead you will be a hard nut to crack if you use that formation. A lot will depend on whether Martínez will be ready to face a team like FCB. Lewandowski too.

FCBayern

You in fact make very definite statements, and you do not use those modal verbs in your earlier posts (may, can,might)

Let's look at some of your definite statements more closely.

There is no modal verb there. You just assert that our defense does not look solid. Despite the fact that we probably have the best defensive record in Europe this season.

What you are here saying is that, if those players were available, we would not have any chance. More or less. That is again a definite statement. If Bayern was at full strength, they would definitely be favorites according to you. Clear as daylight.

Haha, wait, what??? Neuer, Boateng, Rafinha, Alonso, Thiago, Bastian, Goetze, Lewa, Lahm, Benatia, Mueller, Bernat etc etc etc are B team players? Maybe I do not know Bayern as well as you do, but this is definitely news to me.

We are FC Barcelona, we never brag about our defense as a matter of principle, even if it is the best in Europe in this season.

It is not what it used to be yes, but it is still no worse than your own. You have two elders in Alonso and Bastian (both very, very good players) but who are still in their current incarnation significantly inferior to even a greatly diminished Iniesta (always a far superior player to any of those two) Busquets can still very much cut it, and Rakitic is no slouch either. Your best midfielder is Thiago who has been at the top level of football for a grand total of a few weeks. Really, when has Thiago faced Barca/Real/Juve/PSG/City/Chelsea/Juve/SAF United/Mourinho Inter/old Milan etc etc??? I know he seems awesome, but he is yet to play a genuinely big game. Let's wait a bit more for the little fella.

You do not possess such talents (outside of Robben) Messi is by definition irreplaceable and so is Iniesta. We have a higher quality XI than you do, you have a better bench. If we were missing Messi, Neymar and Iniesta, then we would be replacing them with Pedro, Munir and Roberto :lol: We would surely lose and easily so. Our XI is somewhat better than yours, your bench totally pawns ours. Does that make sense? I see a lot of Bayernistas hyping Robben/Ribery/Lahm to the heavens. As good as they were/are, they are all on the wrong side of 30 and decline if not already setting in, is all but inevitable in the immediate future. Do not overestimate your team that has not been tested almost at all this season.

And yes, may the best team win.

You quoted different staff this time which is not the same as in the previous post. And, yes I mean what you quoted this time, but I never overestimated Bayern. And YES, Roben, Alaba where on fire before injuries, and together with Ribery make a big big difference. Of course we have no talents, apart from Roben (good one:) Lewandowski of course would not qualify right, nor even Muller. Although different players they function very well together) Bayern works as a team and is not a summation of individual talents, that's why they won the league even having a lot of injuries. Still a lot of logical errors in your post (like when I say I don't agree that your defense doesn't look solid --that is an opinion not a fact or as you wish to describe it; I am not saying - your defense is weak, for example that would be what you describe "a definite statement';
And yes Bayern is approaching this game with a plan B the whole footballing world knows that, no mystery here.

And I never said anything about your upfront trio, which is arguably the best for the moment.

So still don't get your point.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

I see us as slight favorites (far from the clear favorites that some claim here and elsewhere) but a lot will depend on the first leg. Overall I predict that small details will determine the nature of this tie and that's where tactically capable managers come handy. Pep is simply a significantly better tactician than Lucho. I fear that those small details that are likely to separate the two teams might be decided on the tactical board.

Anyway it's football and anything can happen.

This might sound insane but I am actually more worried about the Atlético game.

FCBayern

That's an impressive team despite your absences. Especially defensively and possession wise. If you somehow manage to take the lead you will be a hard nut to crack if you use that formation. A lot will depend on whether Martínez will be ready to face a team like FCB. Lewandowski too.

Now the big dilemma is whether Lewandowski will be fit 100% to play. If he by some miracle is, then we can have a chance. Without him I see it very difficult at this point.

Leo_Messi

Now the big dilemma is whether Lewandowski will be fit 100% to play. If he by some miracle is, then we can have a chance. Without him I see it very difficult at this point.

Lewandowski was always the player that I feared the most next after Robben. Him not playing would be a big miss for you guys indeed. The main question, if Pep will use that formation, will be whether it will contain enough firepower.

The key in your case will be your defense and midfield. If you allow us to win the game with a 2 goal difference or more then the tie will be pretty much over IMO.

FCBayern

Lewandowski was always the player that I feared the most next after Robben. Him not playing would be a big miss for you guys indeed. The main question, if Pep will use that formation, will be whether it will contain enough firepower.

The key in your case will be your defense and midfield. If you allow us to win the game with a 2 goal difference or more then the tie will be pretty much over IMO.

fully agree

StarLord

You quoted different staff this time which is not the same as in the previous post. And, yes I mean what you quoted this time, but I never overestimated Bayern. And YES, Roben, Alaba where on fire before injuries, and together with Ribery make a big big difference. Of course we have no talents, apart from Roben (good one:) Lewandowski of course would not qualify right, nor even Muller. Although different players they function very well together) Bayern works as a team and is not a summation of individual talents, that's why they won the league even having a lot of injuries. Still a lot of logical errors in your post (like when I say I don't agree that your defense doesn't look solid --that is an opinion not a fact or as you wish to describe it; I am not saying - your defense is weak, for example that would be what you describe "a definite statement';
And yes Bayern is approaching this game with a plan B the whole footballing world knows that, no mystery here.

And I never said anything about your upfront trio, which is arguably the best for the moment.

So still don't get your point.

Do you even read my posts? I did not say that you have no talents. I said that you have no talents equivalent to Messi/Neymar/Iniesta and I would also add Suarez. Only Robben can be placed in the same bracket as those players (not with Messi of course, who is completely on his own level)

Yes, your team works as a unit and also has an excellent bench, which is something that we do not have.

Of course your claim that our defense is not solid is not a fact. You just say that it is. I was criticizing your statement, not arguing about the fact.

So what is it, are you gonna play with Bayern B, or you will employ your Plan B? Those are two different things? You said in your posts that you will field you B team didn't you?

And BTW:

Messi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Robben
Iniesta>>>>>>Bastian
Suarez>>>>>Lewandowski
Neymar>>>>>>>>>>Whoever is his equivalent at Bayern

Last edited:

Devils

Fucksakes. After today I just want us to annihilate Bayern on Wednesday and put the tie out of reach so we can focus on beating those Atleticunts the following week.

I want blood.

nerfherder

Hey all. Bayern fan here. Just came to see a Barca perspective on the upcoming tie. Wednesday is sure to be good game of football, no matter which way it goes. If Barca somehow manages to overcome Bayern (I concede you guys nothing even with our less than ideal circumstances ;) ), I hope you guys go on to win it all, after all can't be as bad as Real Madrid or Juventus winning it!

Also just came to say that, even if your club has changed a bit over the past few years, I and most other Bayern fans have great respect for Barcelona as a team and a club. Even Bayern players like Lahm have always praised Barcelona. So even if you guys think of Bayern as an evil, at least do Bayern fans a favor and either give up already so that we can right the world and beat Real Madrid, or if you guys have to win make sure you guys do it yourselves :)

StarLord

Fucksakes. After today I just want us to annihilate Bayern on Wednesday and put the tie out of reach so we can focus on beating those Atleticunts the following week.

I want blood.

I expect Bayern to park the bus. Seriously, hope I am proved wrong though.

Leo_Messi

I don't think that Pep will literally park the Airbus A380 as Mourinho would have done but Bayern will definitely have a conservative approach due to their injuries and them playing away from home.

If I was Lucho I would go all in on the first match as we might decide the tie in the first leg if everything goes according to the plan.

Given our current form, the high moral of the team and especially the performances of MSN (granted that Neymar was ridiculously wasteful against Córdoba but he has had a great season overall), Bayern's injuries, lower morale and us playing at the Camp Nou, we simply have to go out and take risks and win.

Devils

I wouldn't expect Pep to resort to such tactics but it wouldn't surprise me.

I've come to accept that we can't rely on any team to do us any favours this season so we might as well just become a ruthless killing machine on the pitch and bulldoze through the rest of our remaining opponents.

If they park the bus, they better do an amazing job at it because every team that has tried after MSN became functional has failed miserably.

cris29

Shame Dante won't be playing.

Hopefully we will be clinical in-front of goal; either clean sheet or two goal advantage is a must at home i feel.

Home of Barca Fans