CL | Round of 16 - 2nd Leg: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 (6-5 agg.)

diDi7

Every major football forum is cancerous. This speaks for both BayernZone and BarcaForum. I'm sorry, but both forums are exactly the same. Lots of glory hunters, some nice people, some jokers and some great members with brains and the ability to think critically.

Just the other day a member on BZ essentially told me that fans cannot be unbiased, rational people. They all have double standards.

What the actual fuck? I've actually been watching less football this season (Arsenal vs. Bayern and Barca vs. PSG were probably the only two full matches I've seen this season). I just feel that football fans on average are pretty fucking stupid and they get emotional and provocative way too easily. It's just really stupid imo.

Yes, every major team has haters. People do envy Barca, but I think the major reason they hate Barca is because of the overwhelmingly popular opinion that they get away with cheating. Suarez is a cunt. I made a point for his being a cunt on BZ and I fully believe it's within his rights to be a cunt until FIFA or UEFA or whichever party decides to modernize football officiating instead of relying on the refs as eye witnesses despite it being obvious that one's eyes are deceitful at times. Rugby doesn't have this bullshit.

Also, I don't even know if I consider myself to be a glory hunter. Technically I guess I am. Why else would I support a massively successful club instead of going to the league matches of my local club? Don't 99% of forum members do the exact same shit?

Supporting a successful team because they were successful since you started watching them doesn't make you special. It's football, for god's sake. I always say that rather just enjoy the sport over everything else but now I can't even find joy in that because the game itself isn't concerned with improving on obvious flaws.

DonAK is probably my favourite active member on BZ and he's a goddamned Barca fan. I don't know why people keep getting salty over petty shit like the football club they support. Maybe I would be entertained if the supposed banter was good, but nah. It's mostly just a bunch of edgy kids who think they belong to the club and proclaim it as "we" won, as if you did shit.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant. Hope this season is entertaining and I genuinely hope everyone here enjoys it (EVEN IF/WHEN YOUR TEAM DOESN'T WIN).

I think I might just stick to CL matches since we all know who's winning the BL ;)

RMU ReBorn

Exactly. Bayern is considered the crown jewel in German club football and is often shielded from criticism by the media, nobody can really effectively challenge their narratives and perspectives.
Even yesterday Juve got away with a scandalous decision against Milan . Scums are bitching about the decisions that favored us . Irony :facepalm:

RMU ReBorn

There are people who think that we support Barca because of their overwhelming success . That's pure jealousy out of thinking that " oh these wankers have the privilege of supporting best club in the world " . we have sacrificed many things to watch Barcelona play weak in and out , late night ( More so people in Asia as the time zone ,leaves us with no other option) to watch them . That's not because of their success . It's something called love for the brand of football they play . It makes you forget everything . Even when you are facing many personal trauma's , a vintage Barca display can bring that smile back . You will never understand that . So yeah keep bitching about our fan base . we will support this club even if they are trophy less for a decade or so . Football is for everyone to enjoy and it's more than a game , there is nothing written as of you should only support your local club . what fuck logic is that . if that's the case why people around the world admire and idolize Micheal jackson , Eminem , Shakira . Why don't you stick to local musicians ? . I have two words for those who question our passion - Fuck off

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

17264493_1423042441101495_4483362445596765526_n.jpg

diDi7

There are people who think that we support Barca because of their overwhelming success . That's pure jealousy out of thinking that " oh these wankers have the privilege of supporting best club in the world " . we have sacrificed many things to watch Barcelona play weak in and out , late night ( More so people in Asia as the time zone ,leaves us with no other option) to watch them . That's not because of their success . It's something called love for the brand of football they play . It makes you forget everything . Even when you are facing many personal trauma's , a vintage Barca display can bring that smile back . You will never understand that . So yeah keep bitching about our fan base . we will support this club even if they are trophy less for a decade or so . Football is for everyone to enjoy and it's more than a game , there is nothing written as of you should only support your local club . what fuck logic is that . if that's the case why people around the world admire and idolize Micheal jackson , Eminem , Shakira . Why don't you stick to local musicians ? . I have two words for those who question our passion - Fuck off

Point taken. I'll fuck off then, gladly.

behindbrowneyes

For people who are in arguments with people talking about UEFAlona or saying Barça didn't deserve the quarterfinals.

This could help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbiYbtaAm0M

But let's face the truth. You can have the best arguments, some of them are just butthurt. And afraid.
I mean I watched the game with friends, two of them pure Madridista. They didn't complain about the referee decisions, they were just impressed and more or less happy to have witnessed La Remontada live. At the end of the day it is just the sport that we all love.

But let's face the truth. You can have the best arguments, some of them are just butthurt. And afraid.
I mean I watched the game with friends, two of them pure Madridista. They didn't complain about the referee decisions, they were just impressed and more or less happy to have witnessed La Remontada live. At the end of the day it is just the sport that we all love.

Last edited:
Barca had one clear penalty (the one Neymar got and Messi scored) and three arguable penalties (Suarez penalty which he got, another Meunier foul on Neymar, Verratti on Messi)
Verratti could very well have been sent off at 90 minute mark.

PSG had two arguable penalties (Masche handball in a sliding tackle, and Masche making contact with AdM). I think the Masche foul is the softest of all as Di Maria had already shot the ball for 80% of the contact duration.
Piqué and Neymar might have been sent off.

Overall ref's decisions went mostly barca's way, most with Piqué fouling Cavani without a card and the Masche handball which is often given as a pen. Barca was fortunate but obviously it takes a lot of factors going our way for a comeback of this magnitude to happen.

khorne

Point taken. I'll fuck off then, gladly.

Nah man, don't take him so seriously. He's still young, he'll learn. Weren't we all ignorant little fools at one point?

anyway, good rant! I can understand your frustration, but maybe you just have to lower your expectations a bit? It's the internet after all. However, Barcaforum is still on of the best places around. You can have plenty of thoughtful and entertaining exchanges, it's just about knowing when to chime in on a topic and who to engage.
The mods and the old guard with +2000 posts are all decent folk, there's great non-barca fans like Raed or Yannik or that Milan troll Ode whatshisface, that guy alone makes up for all the bias and circle jerking that's going on sometimes ^^

Bottom line, there's still plenty of good times being had here on the ol' Barca forum!

RMU ReBorn

Nah man, don't take him so seriously. He's still young, he'll learn. Weren't we all ignorant little fools at one point?

anyway, good rant! I can understand your frustration, but maybe you just have to lower your expectations a bit? It's the internet after all. However, Barcaforum is still on of the best places around. You can have plenty of thoughtful and entertaining exchanges, it's just about knowing when to chime in on a topic and who to engage.
The mods and the old guard with +2000 posts are all decent folk, there's great non-barca fans like Raed or Yannik or that Milan troll Ode whatshisface, that guy alone makes up for all the bias and circle jerking that's going on sometimes ^^

Bottom line, there's still plenty of good times being had here on the ol' Barca forum!

How old are you ? No matter if you are 58 or 18 , being football fan and questioning other fans passion is c'n'tish behavior .

Home of Barca Fans