CL | Round of 16 - 2nd Leg: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 (6-5 agg.)

TrueCule

4-0 and then we score one in extra time. It's very possible. I believe in it. We will show the whole world why we're the best team on this planet. First match in Paris isn't a true indicator. We played our worse match of the season and they played their hearts out and had the best match of their season. It can't happen again. We will play 1000x times better on CN. I trust in Messi who will put things to its place. He's the GOAT. Visca el Barca!

Last edited:

BBZ8800

If we played Bayern or AM, 0:3 or 0:4 from the first leg would be more or less 99% KO.

Against all other teams in the world, I would have some hope.
For example, even if we lost 0:7 against PSG, I would still say that Barca on "it's night" can win against anyone, even with 7:0.

We need 120% from all players and some luck with lucky goals/red cards/penalties/offsides etc.
Also, one more thing, I don't want to jinx it, but I will have some hope ONLY if we'll play 343 with:
Iniesta-Busi-Roberto-Rafinha
Or Iniesta-Busi-Roberto-Raki
Or Raki-Busi-Roberto-Rafinha

If we'll play with Gomes=we are KO'd from the 1st minute
If we'll play with Denis=we are KO'd from the first minute
If we'll play without Roberto=I am also 90% sure that we are dead from the 1st minute since he offers an insane support in terms of running as a hybrid Rb-Cm-Rm in 343.

So, I am remaining optimistic only if Lucho will put one of the lineups from the last 2 matches.
If Lucho will again ruin the balance by playing Gomes, Denis (or even Arda) or playing without Roberto, I will probably turn the Tv off after 20 minutes, since that won't work.

So:
1. let's hope for a reasonable 343 from Lucho
2. let's hope for 120% effort from all players
3. let's hope for some luck

And I think that we still have some tiny chances.

Imo, Barca and Bayern (on their prime) are the only teams in the world who have some chances to pull something like this off.

El Flaco

[English Sub] Matuidi, Draxler, Verratti and Meunier discuss the 2nd leg against Barcelona over dinner

snowy

:lol: If you go back few pages in this thread you'll see that it was exactly what i told to [MENTION=19742]vlad[/MENTION]. I then responded to [MENTION=21486]snowy[/MENTION]'s post which was an interesting view of how it could go. I'm just trying to bring some positivity !

positivity leads to success. It's the Law of Attraction dooh and the Big Genie is listenning :lol:
That's what I would do if I were PSG eating Pizza and snorting coke ... errr drinking it. I wouldn't reveal my game-plan outright. But if they did and they're truly scared, so much the better! The longer the ball evolves on their end, the greater our chances of scoring and getting them red carded hehe

Verratti said that pressure is on Barca but that's bs, he doesn't believe it for a sec. If PSG fucks it up and lose it, they're gonna be in Eunuque land. Barca already lost and have been practically written off the CL. If they lose, it could be explained by, well we had to take risks to score the goals and we gave it our best.

but.. If Barca wins it, it's gonna be mythological. The stuff of legends! Nothing to lose and immortality if they win. Ok I'm exaggerating a bit and this is not Homer but if it was me, I'd be totally psyched!!!

just a few hours to go :barcascarf:

PhilS

Denis is no longer in the rotation, so who cares if he is on the bench. If Lucho wants to sub Gomes for Busquets after the tie is out of reach, that is fine by me. I hope Lucho continues to rotate only Iniesta, Rafinho and Rak at those 2 positions. Or go 3-4-3, rotate in Roberto.

Devils

There is a strange sense of optimism amongst the fans and media. Nearly delusional haha.

Of course there is a chance but it's surely infinitely small.

The only way I see it happening is if we play a perfect game for 90 minutes and somehow manage 4 goals then pull off a miracle in extra time.

Again, infinitely small.

ronniecro

we can score 4 or 5 goals but theres no way that psg won't score too,how come everyone here is so sure that they won't score?

Neymessi

There is a strange sense of optimism amongst the fans and media. Nearly delusional haha.

Of course there is a chance but it's surely infinitely small.

The only way I see it happening is if we play a perfect game for 90 minutes and somehow manage 4 goals then pull off a miracle in extra time.

Again, infinitely small.

No way its infinitely small.

One would have been hearing a lot that a 4-0 deficit has never been overcomed and thats because its usually big teams like barca doing it to small teams who hardly are able to overturn it.The difference in quality between teams is mammoth if one loses 4-0 in knockout rounds and thats not the case here.

PSG isn't even that strong,they aren't even top in their own one horse league. We just had one of the worst games of our lives and PSG somehow had their best in a while resulting on 4-0. If that match was played a 100 times there would be very less chances of a 4-0. Point is that PSG isn't that much better than barca as much as the scoreline may think one to believe. And we have surely found some of our form back.

With an in-form MSN, smashing 4 past this PSG side isn't infinitely small,even though its not large. Hell even three or four fouls just outside the box for us and there is a high chance of neymar or messi scoring a couple.

This is fucking barca,with arguably the best attack in the world even now and if you call smashing 4 past a not-that-special-PSG at home in 90 min without conceding as next to impossible and delusional then you are wrong.

Visca el barca

Caramel

There is no way we are winning this, fans are setting themselves up for disappointment.
4-0 is too much. Maybe 3-0 would have been doable but yeah

NotInHere

It's over, no way will a top club like PSG let this one slide. Can't decide if I should even waste my time watching this match.

Devils

No way its infinitely small.

One would have been hearing a lot that a 4-0 deficit has never been overcomed and thats because its usually big teams like barca doing it to small teams who hardly are able to overturn it.The difference in quality between teams is mammoth if one loses 4-0 in knockout rounds and thats not the case here.

PSG isn't even that strong,they aren't even top in their own one horse league. We just had one of the worst games of our lives and PSG somehow had their best in a while resulting on 4-0. If that match was played a 100 times there would be very less chances of a 4-0. Point is that PSG isn't that much better than barca as much as the scoreline may think one to believe. And we have surely found some of our form back.

With an in-form MSN, smashing 4 past this PSG side isn't infinitely small,even though its not large. Hell even three or four fouls just outside the box for us and there is a high chance of neymar or messi scoring a couple.

This is fucking barca,with arguably the best attack in the world even now and if you call smashing 4 past a not-that-special-PSG at home in 90 min without conceding as next to impossible and delusional then you are wrong.

Visca el barca

You're first point in simply not true.

In the last five years in the first leg ties we've witnessed:

Bayern 4 - Barca 0
Dortmund 4 - Real - 1
Barcelona 3 - Bayern - 0

During the time in which these ties occurred, all of these teams were considered to be some of the best in the world and none of the ties were overturned.

You severely underestimate PSG too. They are a very young and hungry team who have the most inform striker and midfielder in all of Europe this season. That counts for a lot.

We do have the best attack in the world, but they haven't been cohesive this season. This past weekend was probably the best we've seen them work. I would take that with a grain of salt though because before the first leg against PSG, we smashed Sporting and it held no merit to our fall against PSG.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans