CL | Round of 16 - 1st Leg: PSG - FC Barcelona 4-0

kilian

Can we agree that the game in Paris was an aberration? It was our third important game in a 6-day period against a well rested strong opponent, and we underestimated the fatigue factor. We should therefore field our best team and try our best to show the world that we are still Barça.

I think PSG had almost the same number of games as us in that period, so the argument that they were well rested unlike us falls down the drain. Honestly, I`ve had enough of excuses like we are tired and we are not motivated enough. We have a big squad with monstrous contracts and a coach that is with the squad for 3 years already. There is absolutely no excuse for the thrashing that PSG gave us . PSG destroyed us with football, not with more sprints or better heading. They were simply a much better side.

I hope to see something else in the return leg and an epic comeback, but don`t expect it.

sabby

I think PSG had almost the same number of games as us in that period, so the argument that they were well rested unlike us falls down the drain. Honestly, I`ve had enough of excuses like we are tired and we are not motivated enough. We have a big squad with monstrous contracts and a coach that is with the squad for 3 years already. There is absolutely no excuse for the thrashing that PSG gave us . PSG destroyed us with football, not with more sprints or better heading. They were simply a much better side.

I hope to see something else in the return leg and an epic comeback, but don`t expect it.
What hurt more than the 4 goals is that we couldn't score even once. An away goal would have been of massive advantage and still would have given us some chance.

wisconsincule

Playing on a stadium with 100k capacity is not an easy task for any away team. One thing is certain - they will not be playing the same as they were in Paris. That was by far their best match of the season. So if they did in the first leg, why wouldn't we do it on the return leg? It's not impossible. I expect PSG to underestimate us due to the high win on the first leg. They will be overconfident. We can build on that. We have the element of surprise.

2-0 first half goals and its game on.

Neymessi

2-0 means that barca has 45 mins to score 3 goals and concede none, or 4 goals and concede one. Wouldn't raise my hopes if it was a segunda team at Camp Nou, let alone PSG.

It doesn't have to be 5-0, a 4-0 and taking the game to extra time will do it too.

It doesn't have to be 5-0, a 4-0 and taking the game to extra time will do it too.

Do what ? 4 0 ain't enough. This is a thousand times more difficult than the Milan tie. And if Milan had won 4 0 in the first leg, no way in hell they'd have lost by 4 in the second.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Had Niang scored instead of hitting the post in the Milan remontada, I'm not sure we would have made it.

We need to play extremely well and be clinical in front of goal while PSG chokes and misses the chances they'll get.

LeeRomeno

Once again negativism spreads across the board. I simply do not understand how people can live with "impossible" attitude.
Someone listed here 5 things what need to happen for us to beat PSG. Well guess how many things were on Leicester list for them to win Premier League. Are our odds 5000-1 to advance against PSG? I would bet on that, but i bet odds are considerably lower.
If it happens or not, TIME WILL TELL, but shitting your pants before match even happens is just so weak.
Is it really worth the occasional "told you so" moment?
Don't think so, as hoping your team will win and team winning will be massively and in every single way always a better feeling than expecting your team to lose and then the team winning miraculously. We are not supporters of some goddamn 4th tier squad that loses 80% of its games, we are among top 3 teams in the world. Why live in constant negativism...

Neymessi

Do what ? 4 0 ain't enough. This is a thousand times more difficult than the Milan tie. And if Milan had won 4 0 in the first leg, no way in hell they'd have lost by 4 in the second.

Scoring 5 in 90 min isn't necesarry. Scoring 4 will also keep the game alive.

And yeah its tough but its worth trying and go all out.

When we defeated bayern 3-0, the bayern players attitude was amazing. Muller said if anyone thinks the tie is over then he can sit on the bench. And guess what, they did create a lot of chances and scored 5 even though lost. And that was a 100 times better barca than this PSG. If we at least go with the attitude of a comeback maybe luck favors us and we get through. Who knows david luiz stupidly gets a red at the start of the match? And they are left to play with 10 for the rest.

F

FlaFCB

When we defeated bayern 3-0, the bayern players attitude was amazing. Muller said if anyone thinks the tie is over then he can sit on the bench. And guess what, they did create a lot of chances and scored 5 even though lost. And that was a 100 times better barca than this PSG. If we at least go with the attitude of a comeback maybe luck favors us and we get through. Who knows david luiz stupidly gets a red at the start of the match? And they are left to play with 10 for the rest.

That bayern was much better than this Barça. And MAtS also had an amazing performance in that game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bayern won that game 3-2 after being down and out 1-2 at home. They scored the two goals towards the end of the game when we slowed down.

Barcelona scored 5 goals in total during that SF tie. Bayern only scored the three goals at home.

Again, if we turn into Megatron then we might score 4 or heck even 5. Let's say that. But the key again is to NOT concede. Bayern's key was to NOT CONCEDE any goals, and guess what. They let in two at home.

I obviously would still hope for a miracle, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

They only scored 3.. We were killing them with the counter attack in the first half and went in winning 2-1.. We even subbed Suarez at half time.

Lol Bayern scored 3 goals, not 5, and their last 2 were completely worthless as the tie was dead and buried at 2-1 for barça.

David Luiz is a Chelsea player :rolleyes:

Once again negativism spreads across the board. I simply do not understand how people can live with "impossible" attitude.
Someone listed here 5 things what need to happen for us to beat PSG. Well guess how many things were on Leicester list for them to win Premier League. Are our odds 5000-1 to advance against PSG? I would bet on that, but i bet odds are considerably lower.
If it happens or not, TIME WILL TELL, but shitting your pants before match even happens is just so weak.
Is it really worth the occasional "told you so" moment?
Don't think so, as hoping your team will win and team winning will be massively and in every single way always a better feeling than expecting your team to lose and then the team winning miraculously. We are not supporters of some goddamn 4th tier squad that loses 80% of its games, we are among top 3 teams in the world. Why live in constant negativism...

We can discuss this further once barça is out. I'd counter, though, by "why live in constant arrogant delusion ?" No team has ever come close to achieving such a remontada. Ever. Anywhere.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

That bayern wasn't that much better than this barca than that barca was better than this PSG.

Yeah mats had an amazing performance and even then we lost 5-3. Scoring 5 against that barca with our keeper motm is no small feat even though the match turned out that way because we were so much ahead but still. What we need is MSN on fire and who knows what can happen.

The score was 3-2, not 5-3. And yes, that bayern was a much better team than this current Barça.

Home of Barca Fans