CL | Round 6: Inter Milan - FC Barcelona 1-2

kattanib

Todibo looks really good. He should have gotten more chances. Physicaly Betty strong, fast as hell and good technique.
Alena looks solid as an AM to me.
Firpo should go, many better youngsters out there.
Vidal should not play for barca.

My issue with such players is that as a CB there are “must have” and “nice to have” abilities. He is good with the “nice to have” but what about actually defending against center forwards? Lukaku made a joke out of him in one of the attacks but Neto saved it

devo901

I am surprised & I stand corrected, I expected a loss today.

But these Inter clowns cant win against a bunch of newcomers, with many of them debueing on the CL tournament szene ... who would have thought?

Or Valverde is a genius coach, because he was able to orchestrate a team that perfectly neutralized the nr1 of Italy :lol:

Fati would have been eaten alive, if he would have been brought from start.
Raki was actually not that bad today.
Conti must be pretty down .... knowing to play at home against a B team and @1:1 you cant score ...

;)

vegitot

I am surprised & I stand corrected, I expected a loss today.

But these Inter clowns cant win against a bunch of newcomers, with many of them debueing on the CL tournament szene ... who would have thought?

Or Valverde is a genius coach, because he was able to orchestrate a team that perfectly neutralized the nr1 of Italy :lol:

Fati would have been eaten alive, if he would have been brought from start.
Raki was actually not that bad today.
Conti must be pretty down .... knowing to play at home against a B team and @1:1 you cant score ...

;)

they cant score because of our sacchi milan offside trap.
fati comes as a sub is a genius move from the coach

gregorrin10

Fast track Fati to the first team, he's clearly ready. What a goal! It was like watching right footed Messi combine with Suarez with that one-two. Now Suarez might be a prick (again shouting at Perez just like he does on Dembele), but at scoring unconventional goals and these one-two drop off balls he's by far the best '9' in the world, and we just need another player to at least hold a candle to Messi, someone who can actually play and think quickly. Neymar was like that, but he chose money, and we shouldn't chase him back anymore, when we have a decade younger him playing just as good, if not better right now.

Our play in general was much more fluid tonight most times, no surprise, since the core of the lineup were young guys, who actually speed up the gameplay. I wanted to see Griezmann up top in a 4-3-3 but it didn't happen, no wonder he had a good game with playing in a set up he's more used to from Atletico with only one guy beside him and both being quite central in a 3-5-2, he actually played that behind the striker role he's best in, even in the goal he pulled back himself to RCM, just like Messi does, and then pick that perfect pass, and it really was perfect on that first goal. Little help from lady luck with the Godin deflection and then the one touch strike from Perez as well, that goal was really great to see as well, especially since it was finished off by one of our youngsters.

Even though we were good, we can't take anything much from this game, since we're never gonna play this lineup and especially this formation ever again this season. And Inter are serial bottlers as well, Lukaku being the perfect example of that, no wonder since he played for United once too, even Godin looks very underwhelming in this Inter side, sure his best years were at Atletico and he's not slowing down, but still, expected better from him.

BUT Lautaro...man oh man, how I would love for us to get him next season, the PERFECT Suarez replacement, which we desperately need in the next year or so. He was the one shining bright exception in an otherwise uninspiring Inter team, he was always dangerous and ran rings around our defenders with some great moves. Should've scored, actually did, but was offside of course. Todibo and Wague were solid tonight, hopefully Todibo with this game earns himself to stay at least until the summer, he's the perfect reliable 4th CB, who we absolutely need to have just in case any one of the top 3 gets injured, and who can play easier La Liga matches instead of Pique, who's not motivated anymore for those kind of matches. Lenglet was otherwise our best defender tonight and put in a great game in general, but even he couldn't keep up with Lautaro.

Last edited:

devo901

Lautaro was the only player that was impressive from Inter. Fine touch....

Second best in terms of activity- and engangement -level was .... Conte :lol:

Home of Barca Fans