CL Round 4: Shakhtar - Barca 1-0

Andresito

Staff member
Think it's impossible to guess the XI, but seems like there will be rotations.

Players like Christensen, Alonso, Romeu, Raphinha all have chances to start. I assume Raphinha and Chris are guaranteed starters.

Front three I think will be Raphinha, Lewy and Felix. Although Ferran has chances to start ahead of Felix.

In midfield Gundogan should rest, but don't think Xavi will bench him when Pedri and FDJ both are outside the XI. Gavi is suspended vs Alaves so he's starting.

I don't think Xavi will bench both Cancelo and Balde, but one of them should rest. Araujo RB or Alonso LB in that case. Good options at CB, can be decided by a coin toss really.

JamDav1982

Barca have first in group sewn up not sure what use there is flying out likes of Araujo/Pedri for this game when have had injury problems in past.

Porque

How are they even playing? Where/how is the Ukrainian league played?

Good question. Seems league is going on as normal in empty stadiums, with Euro games taking place overseas. Like this one in Germany.

From my understanding talking with the good folk from yellow and blue, the country on the west is largely unaffected and life can go on as normal.

TheStig

Good question. Seems league is going on as normal in empty stadiums, with Euro games taking place overseas. Like this one in Germany.

From my understanding talking with the good folk from yellow and blue, the country on the west is largely unaffected and life can go on as normal.

So they are playing the league in Ukraine? I thought it's also played abroad.

Porque

So they are playing the league in Ukraine? I thought it's also played abroad.

To be honest I haven't dug too deeply into it. I just saw that the weekends Kiev vs Shakhtar game was played in Kiev.

So I don't know the logistics of where the teams from the East or confict zones are playing. There may be an article covering it because it is an interesting topic.

I'd assume all the domestic zones are taking place in Ukrainian safe zones, with international games overseas for safety reasons.

JohnN

Expecting a shitshow and a draw from this one. Let's #hope I am proven wrong but last performance was terrible.

Home of Barca Fans