CL | Round 4: FC Barcelona - Slavia Prague 0-0

Devils

Thank you Slavia Prague.

It's always admirable to see a strong stance against terrorism.

Now...

Vamossss Celta!

gregorrin10

Come on guys. At home we will easily win this. The problem are the hungerless, sleepy and scared away games. At the Camp Nou it is easy to become motivated and courageous when 80.000 fans cheer for you. But when you have won everything multiple times and are playing a game away from home while 40.000 opponent fans are booing you constantly and your coach is just sitting on the floor it is hard to find a way. I would want to get home and play with my children and my ugly dog as soon as possible too.

For me Valverde is mostly at fault for a boring not barca like play style and a lack of motivational talent and the guts to kick the senior player's asses which he maybe is not allowed to, while the board, sporting directors and scouts are at fault for the signing of expensive players who don't fit the available positions out of galactico reasons. I think that's what Bartomeu is doing. He rejects the good fitting Pedro type player for expensive and bad fitting superstars because the club will eventually earn more money through headlines and sponsors - even if it means to risk an early quarterfinal exit. That also includes to keep junky old star players who still have their names and score a wonder goal from time to time. You can decide on your own who is more to blame or blame nobody because... well ... money is money, screw titles. I think we can all thank Frenkie for fitting in multiple systems because we would have bought him anyway.

Well, this turned out well. Maybe if we start giving points to the likes of Slavia at home now too, who are worst than pretty much any La Liga team, will wake fans the f*ck up!!! Before tonight, there was always an excuse 'but we destroy everyone at home' (which is of course still not good enough for a club of Barca stature, who should not only win, but even more so, approach games away the same way they do at home...that 'win at home, draw or lose away' mentality is enough for the likes of Bilbao, when they're having a bad season and just want to avoid relegation, not for a fucking 8/10 league title winner in the past decade and a 'so-called serious CL contender').

Now after tonight, even that excuse is thankfully gone.

Last edited:

JohnN

Really bad first half. Better in the second defensively. We had some chances that their keeper somehow saved. But still we should be able to win against Slavia at home.

- We don't need Roberto at LB so Semedo can play LB, we have Firpo for LB.
- We don't need Rakitic, he has nothing left to offer apart from slow backpasses and bad decisions every single time.
- We don't need Vidal to run everywhere with no reason and abandon his position. We got exposed badly on transitions because of this in the first half.
- We need to try Griezmann as CF at some point. If he doesn't perform at all, like today, we can replace him with Fati and not Dembele, who created plenty and was dangerous. I feel Griezmann cannot make it here unfortunately. Still, we shall see about this one once we have actual tactics.
- We need FDJ and Messi to try as hard as they did today until the last minute - they were the only ones creating and running at people until the end.
- We need semedo to play as well as he has consistently done this season.
- We need Arthur.
- We need to replace Pique, his brainfarts have become too often
- We need to replace Busquets, he is trying but has lost too much pace.
- We need a new manager desperately. Even as a stand-in for the rest of the season. This man is done.

S2K1985

Chatbot
can't you leave the chat up for some minutes after the game...

well this was really the bottom of the barrel. can't play any worse while not losing.

We always close the chat after the game. If people want to chat for a few more minutes, just ask in the chat to let it open. Never was and will be a problem to let it open for a few more minutes. But i need to know it.

devo901

Boardmembers are disappointed, but so far we had a lot of luck in the CL this season - now, 5 good chances (Pique, Messi 2x, Semedo, Roberto...) but no goal. And Slavia had only one real chance, which was offside...

However, team is still a bit of a mess, ......
Why on earth did Griez not play CF today??
The changes made team weaker (Busi-> Raki, Dembele-> Fati, ... only Alba -> Roberto; just because Alba was completely out of order today....

weak form continues...

Altomonte

but they tried harder today, unlucky in front of goal. Messi could have scored 3 but the Slavia GK was very good and Slavia was saved by the crossbar. I don't agree that Slavia is a mediocre team, they are playing well and fighting hard for every ball. They would do well in La Liga.

Gari

In my opinion, in addition to physical form, there is no teamwork on the field. They run in, run in, run in - no passes and everything is slow. Arturo Vidal is a forward? But he was ahead. Griezman was weak, but played to the end.

Givenchy

we played like the away team.. Slavia passing the ball around at the back like Barca of old, lucky for us their final pass let them down.

same shit different game under Valverde. nobody fears us anymore even at the camp nou, the seniors are lazy and washed up. Griezmann is Coutinho 2.0 and Dembele i have no words for this guy.. generational talent something something

Home of Barca Fans