CL | Round 3: Barca - Inter 2-0

eaman

Good performance but maybe spurs drawing took a little of the incentive to get a result by inter away or maybe they are just not great. Anyway good performance from the team and Arthur really stood out and is getting better with every game

FinBarcelonafan

Good performance but maybe spurs drawing took a little of the incentive to get a result by inter away or maybe they are just not great. Anyway good performance from the team and Arthur really stood out and is getting better with every game

Away vs Inter will be extremely tough game. Not bad team.

FCBfan22

Maybe it was Barca that made them look pathetic.

It wasn't. They were playing like teams before anybody had an answer for tiki-taka. They played with no intensity and had no intention to counter. As soon as they tried a bit of high-line defending at the beginning of the 2nd half we struggled. But then the fatigue kicked in and it was just plain sailing for us from then on.

Kul_z

Busquets with that double sombrero was the highlight of the match, i laughed so hard on that. Arthur is showing promising level, so natural on the ball. Other than that - meh.

Cule4life

The Culest
We just smothered and annihilated the most in-form team in Europe for the past two months (7 consecutive wins) without Messi after playing against the then league leaders on the weekend and with the players with half an eye on the Clasico on Sunday.

Before facing Barca, PSV won 7 in a row.....

Neeraj

Just got back from the game. Had gone with a couple of my Italian friends who are inter fans. To be honest, the game was a bit dull; Inter were beyond pathetic. It really didn't feel like 2 big European teams clashing; they hardly saw the ball and absolutely sucked at counters.

This was my first CL game in my life; goosebumps during the anthem, but I must say, the atmosphere at the stadium keeps disappointing me. Special European night - and you have pin drop silence all across the stadium except for the fans just behind the goal.

Valverde's lineup made me facepalm right from the start; it was so frustrating to see his subs too - I just knew it was going to be defensive change after the other.Watching him by the sidelines, uncharismatic as FUCK, it really doesn't help his case.

Overall, we put ourselves in a good position to top the group. Oh and also, I thought Busquets and Arthur were really good in this game. Busquets' amazing positioning really comes out more when you can see the entire pitch live.

Last edited:

Centauri B

It wasn't. They were playing like teams before anybody had an answer for tiki-taka. They played with no intensity and had no intention to counter. As soon as they tried a bit of high-line defending at the beginning of the 2nd half we struggled. But then the fatigue kicked in and it was just plain sailing for us from then on.

I disagree.

They pressed like crazy for most of the game, but so did we. Our players were out tonight to prove that they deserve to be in a Barca shirt and that they can beat a very good team without Messi. As you say, they even managed to put us of balance at the start of the 2nd half, but we proved too much for them.

We must give credit to our team when they do well, as we criticize them when they play badly. We were properly good tonight.

Horatio

You're welcome
Find the talk about defensive football kind of overblown. We are leading in goals in La Liga as well as in CL.

Kul_z

Just got back from the game. Had gone with a couple of my Italian friends who are inter fans. To be honest, the game was a bit dull; Inter were beyond pathetic. It really didn't feel like 2 big European teams clashing; they hardly saw the ball and absolutely sucked at counters.

This was my first CL game in my life; goosebumps during the anthem, but I must say, the atmosphere at the stadium keeps disappointing me. Special European night - and you have pin drop silence all across the stadium except for the fans just behind the goal.

Valverde's lineup made me facepalm right from the start; it was so frustrating to see his subs too - I just knew it was going to be defensive change after the other.Watching him by the sidelines, uncharismatic as FUCK, it really doesn't help his case.

Overall, we put ourselves in a good position to top the group. Oh and also, I thought Busquets and Arthur were really good in this game. Busquets' amazing positioning really comes out more when you can see the entire pitch live.

Same here. I was on the stadium too, and busi and arthur stood out, movement was on point from both. I think the atmosphere was like that because there was no high stake at this game at all.. Inter were abysmal, but i wonder if nainggolan played what would it look like, his energy would maybe move their sorrow ass a bit. Strange game, but 3 points and top of the group its all that matters, especially without leo

El Trencaxarxes

Very happy with our overall performance, which makes me relatively optimistic ahead of El Clásico. Inter is not a bad team and Spalletti is definitely not a bad manager. Some points about the match:

Arthur is a gift from the footballing gods. His technique isn't on par with that of Busquets, Xavi or Iniesta but his confidence and composure on the ball is right up there. He wants the ball and is constantly making himself available. Arthur definitely looks like the future of our midfield. He took control brilliantly yesterday along with Busquets, and on several occasions, he made a good decision to reverse the direction of play to retain possession comfortably instead of passing the ball into a difficult and crowded area. He's cool and composed and that's the very most important thing against a team that presses like Inter did yesterday.

Lenglet is rock solid defensively. His marking is on point and he barely gave Icardi an inch of space yesterday. Whenever Icardi got a bit too far from him, he did the smart thing and committed the tactical foul. He's cynical and that's important. Right along the lines of how Puyi and Mascherano used to play. Of course, try to win the ball but if you fail, make sure that you stop the attack, fall back and reorganize. At this point, I almost feel like we should just buy players exclusively from Sevilla. They just always do great here.

Rafinha should be getting a lot of minutes in the next couple of weeks. He's such a dynamic and talented player. He's a very different kind of player than Dembélé, obviously, but his attacking prowess has never been in question. He's a natural.

Alba is head and shoulders above any other left back in the world. It's outright criminal that Lucho keeps overlooking him, even if it's good for us.

I still think Messi's absence will be an issue in the upcoming weeks, but hopefully, players like Rafinha will get some chances and deliver some hungry performances.

serghei

Intensity is key. As long as we match the opponent's intensity and hard work I believe our quality can bring us the CL.

Home of Barca Fans