CL Round 2: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 2-0

Andresito

Staff member
I think there's a big chance of an early goal, be it from both sides. Important to keep heads cool and not succumb to the pressure of Allianz.

Bayern will probably attack our weak points, which are inexperienced Balde and non-RB Kounde.

mdenci

Sooooooooo... Reading all of these comments about a sure win, I'll go ahead and say that we are going to lose and that the majority of the so-called fans will lose their shit and fall into despair once again.
Bayern is a well oiled machine, has been for quite a number of years now, while we are still in a rebuilding phase and our defence is still not performing as good as it can and should perform.
I also don't want to be a negative Nancy, but I'm simply careful not to fall into the euphoria train following recent great series of results considering we put on a defensive shitshow in some periods of those games, and teams like Bayern know how to use those moments of relaxation.

Birdy

Since Xavi took over, he has only 1 defeat in all 90' games away from home (excluding extra times like vs RM in Super Copa) in all competitions:

Bayern - Barca 3-0 in 8th December 2021

15 Wins, 8 Draws, 1 Defeat

pers

Sooooooooo... Reading all of these comments about a sure win, I'll go ahead and say that we are going to lose and that the majority of the so-called fans will lose their shit and fall into despair once again.
Bayern is a well oiled machine, has been for quite a number of years now, while we are still in a rebuilding phase and our defence is still not performing as good as it can and should perform.
I also don't want to be a negative Nancy, but I'm simply careful not to fall into the euphoria train following recent great series of results considering we put on a defensive shitshow in some periods of those games, and teams like Bayern know how to use those moments of relaxation.

I'm not so optimistic as well. Barcelona defense looks really terrible almost in every game even against weak opponents. Leaving empty spaces against Bayern can end badly. On a positive side Bayern has no finisher right now so even with many chances but with some luck + Ter Stegen excellent performance they may not score. Davis and Kimmich played all last 3 matches so I wonder how they will look today physically.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome

I have accepted a possible loss. But it is about attitude and football Barca shows.

Messi983

Since Xavi took over, he has only 1 defeat in all 90' games away from home (excluding extra times like vs RM in Super Copa) in all competitions:

Bayern - Barca 3-0 in 8th December 2021

15 Wins, 8 Draws, 1 Defeat

That Super Copa game wasn't really an away game but played on neutral ground and IIRC we were officially a home team. Not really important though.

It's true we have a very good away record under Xavi. Hopefully we can continue unbeaten run and if we can get a small revenge for that loss last season would be sweet as well. Don't think it's likely though and I'd be happy with a draw as long as we play well.

iniestaGOAT

I'm not so optimistic as well. Barcelona defense looks really terrible almost in every game even against weak opponents. Leaving empty spaces against Bayern can end badly. On a positive side Bayern has no finisher right now so even with many chances but with some luck + Ter Stegen excellent performance they may not score. Davis and Kimmich played all last 3 matches so I wonder how they will look today physically.

From what I have read their defense hasnt looked any better

FinBarcelonafan

I hope you all reloaded your drink collection, might need it today depending on the result.

Win or lose, at least you get good buzzzzz

That's positive thinking

Home of Barca Fans