CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Juventus 3-0

TidinhoM

Looking at this game I really cant understand what this Barca is but its not necessarily a bad thing. Not yet sure about Dembele either. Semedo fits right in though. Defense and pressing seems in better shape. Iniesta started playing again to his old style

klc123

So much for the "Barca collapse" as everyone in here couldnt stop talking about.

sinking%2Bship%2Bcartoon.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
3-0!

Surprisingly big win :) Wasn't something we all expected and particularly after Juve good display in first half.

Obviously, result flatters us, just like against Espanyol but 3-0 is still great even against this injury ridden Juve side.

Messi was again the difference and I was very pleased with Semedo. Dembele didn't look this good but kid has plenty of time to blend in.

Hektor

Traditions that I started are paying off. :pAs Tevye, from “Fidler on the Roof” said:

“Traditions…Traditions…Traditions…

Traditions. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as a fiddler on the roof!" :thumbsup:

Barça 3 - Juve Zip, Nada, Niente...Happy days are again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH01FhqMdc8

PS: I won’t be here for the next two games. I’m going on a 7-day cruise to Alaska. I’ll be back the 24th of this month. See you then! Visca Barça, Carajo!! :barcaflag:

Last edited:

Devils

Great result!

Lots of positive signs. Juve came out strong, but we grew into the game more and more. Good performance from the team!

dakt

I knew if we (meaning Messi) could tuck in that one goal, Juve would be vulnerable to get at least 1 or 2 more.

However, I don't think we looked that good.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
After quite an even first half where they got off more shots...I'm totally happy with our performance in the second half.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We fared much better than expected. Sure juve missed their stellar defense but our pressing game is much better. I am going to sleep with a happy feeling. Let's continue this momentum.

FC433

Great game, but still we have got a long way to go.

I do not like our current formation. Suarez cannot handle playing in two positions; he will not last long before he is done. He is 30 and asking him to play as a striker and as a winger is too much. He also does not have the needed skills to play as a winger. He is not Henry nor Villa.

Suarez was very poor, but cannot blame him. His passing was poor as well just like Dembele's. I genuinely do not know how Dembele has many assists and yet his passing is this poor. However, he is going to improve, it is just a matter of time.

Paulinho, well does his confidence have a limit? When he plays he owns the field. I wish he was a little bit younger. I think he has so much to offer.

Semedo absolutely amazing. What a player, I really enjoyed watching him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans