CL | Round 1 - E: AS Roma - FC Barcelona 1-1

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In Fairness's to Rakitic, you can't have many vertical runs against a parked bus - probably why he ended sitting deeper as the game went on

Mido

In Fairness's to Rakitic, you can't have many vertical runs against a parked bus - probably why he ended sitting deeper as the game went on

Well, he did it very well against Athletico last season, especially in the 3-1 win. Rakitic needs to keep his identity and keep building on it. He is too stiff/maybe tall to play like Xavi.

Antimadridista1

Weird game to be honest, we played a good first half (well, they dominated the last 8/10minutes) and the team played with less rhythm in the second half due to the tough game against Atleti.
An away draw is always a good result in Champions League. Even in the Guardiola era, we used to struggle a lot in away matches. And as always, the referee fucked us.
Sometimes, I just think that only the fact that we're stronger and that our club is the biggest in the world makes the referees less neutral.

I didn't expect Roma to park the bus... and it was pathetic to see their players and fans celebrating the draw and not going for the win at their place.
Anyway, we'll beat the shit out of them at home.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Take me for crazy, but I believe the kits we play with can also psychologically influence the players. As far as I can remember, we haven't delivered top notch performances with our orange kits in the 2012/2013-2013/2014 seasons.

I really like the new blue kit , I hope we'll play with it more often and get accustomed to it.

I'm on the same boat as yours. That's one of the reasons I really dislike this season's home kit and I feel it brings bad luck. A prestigious club has to wear a prestigious kit as well. This is a circus outfit.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Fucking lol at their supporters going nuts over a draw at home, even their coach which was just wow.

Yeah, that's some real small team mentality right there. Park the bus for the draw and celebrate it like a WC final.

Hope we absolute crush them to tiny little bits at the Camp Nou.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Favourite moment for me was the kid walking onto the pitch with the refs who was pumped up for the occasion, hadn't seen something like that before even though we all would understandably be going mental

Galning

Yeah, that's some real small team mentality right there. Park the bus for the draw and celebrate it like a WC final.

Hope we absolute crush them to tiny little bits at the Camp Nou.

I was really surprised to see that. We played AS Roma, not Plymouth Argyle.

utility73

Barça did not show it's best performance yesterday.
Yet still they were clearly superior to Roma as shown by qualitative analysis of scoring chances.

[tw]644261691698470912[/tw]

Barcafan 2304

I'm happy with the result. We should be able to win this group pretty easily and i don't mind draws in the group stage at all.

Yes agree. This was actually arguably our toughest match in the group so a draw is decent, particularly when I feel we are still not at full tilt.

werewolf

good evening everyone

first of all I apologize for my English-Roman :)

I hope you can understand everything

I am a fan of Rome and reading your comments I could not help but step in and sign up to the site

There are several reasons why we decided to approach the game this way

the first reason is that your team is stronger than ours and only real and bayern can affrontarvi openly (offensively)

the second and more important reason, the Rome after the 1-7 against Bayern remedied has developed an inferiority complex towards the super-large

last year that the defeat was a shock, especially because we were convinced that we can manage to play on par, collapsed in one shot all the certainties that we had acquired in the first half of the season and affect the final part, after the bayern we are no longer able to play brilliantly and offensive and we almost lost the second place

This year, the fear of a repetition of the nightmare again was great, and I think that we have seen in the field. We decided to take the field especially not to repeat a new humiliation, since we played against Bayern as there was a serious risk to repeat that result.

For us it was important not to go out massacred, the draw was something more, you will begin the season with confidence to finally win the league

We can not compete with teams like yours and we have adopted this strategy, but I do not think we'll play that way against Bate and bayer.

Roma continues to be an Italian team that wants to offer a different kind of football game and a convincing, please understand that Wednesday's match is the result of old ghosts and not as another defensive tactics of a team of Italian culture Italy

Kikan

it is not a bad results playing on the road . We will destroy them at home . Nothing to worry about and in fairness DO NOT expect Barca to play like barca every single game .

ter stegen is the only one who always worries me .

Home of Barca Fans