CL Round 1: Barca - Royal Antwerp 5-0

Loki

We have 3 english weeks in a row now, Xavi needs to use his whole squad if he wants to compete in 2024 and not having a drained first 11 in the second half of the season. This should be enough to win against Antwerpen:

MAtS
Cancelo Kounde Martinez Alonso
Romeu
Roberto Gundogan
Ferran Lewy Felix

But Xavi will fear a bad CL start after last seasons, so we'll see probably the best 11.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Just had a look at Antwerp's squad, and I can only conclude we should win this with any XI. But I doubt Xavi will take this one lightly, so I expect at most 2-3 changes from the last XI.

Recognizable names at Antwerp are:
Wijndal (was rumoured to us few years ago)
Vincent Janssen
Alderweireld
Ekkelenkamp (ex teammate of Frenkie)
and of course 18 year old Arthur Vermeeren whom we've been linked with. Good opportunity to keep an eye out.

Andresito

Staff member
Wouldn't be a European night without Marcos Alonso lads.

5-0 win for Antwerp after Xavi getting nervous and puts Marcos Alonso and Sergio Busquets in the lineup.
Need the leadership and experience of CL maestro Sergi Roberto to beat these guys too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So this is a team managed by our former player. Champions league winner with us as well.

Can't find his decent Barca compilation. He was a destroyer first and foremost so here are the goals

Slevinn

They have a good core with Alderweireld-Coulibaly and Vermeeren-Keita but they will probably park the bus and play very physical like Getafe.
Ref should give them a yellow as soon as they (or we) deserve it and not let them kick our players around.
If we don’t score fast they might give us a bit of trouble but we have too much quality to struggle against teams like this.

Messi983

48284c9c-cecb-408d-b637-92fbe42c9608_16-9-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Home of Barca Fans