CL | Round 1: Barca - PSV 4-0

gasgas

i wonder, why arent we playing Dembele on the right?

our entire play goes on the left side,
while our right is there to defend opponent attacks

play Dembele as RWF and Suarez as a pseudo LWF ala Ronaldo

xXKonan

i wonder, why arent we playing Dembele on the right?

our entire play goes on the left side,
while our right is there to defend opponent attacks

play Dembele as RWF and Suarez as a pseudo LWF ala Ronaldo
Valverde wants to leave Suarez in the middle and Messi out on the right but with more freedom. Like how MSN was with Ney on the left.

Yeah, the left side is where all the action is while the right side is pretty much useless bar a few moments of individual brilliance by Roberto, Rakitic or even Messi if here's there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele is having an impact on the LW and got an understanding with Alba and Coutinho.

Why do you want to torture him by putting him isolated on the RW with Sergi Roberto or Semedo.

mesiesta

Good line-up. This is going to be our strongest line-up for the season. I hope EV will start Arthur/Vidal/Lenglet/Malcom in upcoming La Liga matches, we have couple of not difficult fixtures until we will face Valencia/Sevilla/Real in a row.

gasgas

Dembele is having an impact on the LW and got an understanding with Alba and Coutinho.

Why do you want to torture him by putting him isolated on the RW with Sergi Roberto or Semedo.

Because our team is unbelievably unbalanced

the left side is where all the good things happen, and because of that, it is less attacked

nothing happens on the right side, and this gives the opponent freedom to attack there, prpblem is, we have our weakest defensive players on that side as well (Messi, Roberto)

but put dembele there, and the side is balanced.
dembele can form an understanding with Roberto and Messi as well

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because our team is unbelievably unbalanced

the left side is where all the good things happen, and because of that, it is less attacked

nothing happens on the right side, and this gives the opponent freedom to attack there, prpblem is, we have our weakest defensive players on that side as well (Messi, Roberto)

but put dembele there, and the side is balanced.
dembele can form an understanding with Roberto and Messi as well

Or you end up limiting Dembele's potential and decreasing the potency of the left side.

Sure it might be more balanced, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be better.

gasgas

Or you end up limiting Dembele's potential and decreasing the potency of the left side.

Sure it might be more balanced, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be better.

i thought dembele has more experience playing on the right wing than left.

how is that limiting him.
he may form a partnership with Roberto/Semedo

See the Juventus game last season as an example.

And a left side of Alba Coutinho and Suarez is potent enough

Home of Barca Fans