CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

PhilS

Tough draw, but only class teams were left. No easy draws were available, all eight have shown they can put up at least one fine game out of a home and away.

Good thing Verratti and Ibra have such poor self-discipline. It seems like Verratti gets suspended all the time, he is not a Barca-type player. One of the differences between Barca and most of the other top teams is that when a key starter like Alves misses a game, real quality is available to take his place. Barca is a much better team now than in that last game in Paris.

I was hoping RM would draw Bayern, so that Barca could win CL only having to beat one of them. RM drawing Atletico is almost as good, though. Atletico knows how to beat RM. Even if RM goes through, two games vs. AM will be very draining for them.

I would not be surprised if PSG wins one of these games, though I think Barca will go through. Class will tell over 2 games, el tridente will win any home and away matchup. It is impossible to contain them over two games.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
We all know PSG will do the Quadruple, so don't be surprised when we lose on aggregate.

NotInHere

Yeah our form is not the same the last time they beat us, it's miles better, not a bad match up at all. Even though it irritates me that for the past years we have drawn mancity and psg so many times that my anticipation is not that great, would have rather played a Juventus something new

DinhoR10

We're twice the team that beat them last year, quality wise they are better than city but all they can do against us is park the bus, if they tried to actually play they'd get destroyed. Defense and midfield has to be on their top game to stop counters but once we do that we'll be fine.

Hopefully we get Juve or Monaco in the Semis and on to the finals.

L

linetty

PSG without Ibrahimović and Verratti for the first leg. Luiz, Motta and Matuidi 1 card away from suspension.

Piece of cake.

But first things first. Barca are favorites vs. PSG but they'll have an advantage od playing return leg at home. Glad Ibra won't play at Camp Nou, he'd be extra motivated to score against Barca again.

In this case playing at home really isn't an advantage. PSG, as we should know, is very solid at home, and should they get a result there, well, that would make things immensely difficult for us.

wait, i got it wrong ! we play the first home game :D
I much prefer it this way. The worst scenario would have been a defeat at the Parc, then PSG gets to defend a lead at Camp Nou :)

Last edited:

SocalBarcaFan

I don't get why people think PSG are better without Ibra? Is it cause they beat Chelsea in London after he got that red card? Both goals were off of corner kicks which got them through. I realize they played well after he got taken off but that prob lit a fire inside of them cause it was a BS red.

I don't watch French Football so I don't know how they do without him there.

Icarium

Lifestealer
PSG without Ibrahimović and Verratti for the first leg. Luiz, Motta and Matuidi 1 card away from suspension.

Piece of cake.

Only Matuidi is one yellow away from suspension i think. According to uefa website luiz and motta only have one yellow card.

F

Flavia

Piece of cake.

Only Matuidi from your list. VDW is also on 2 yc. Luiz and Motta have only 1 yellow card each.

Icarium

Lifestealer
One off? Dude, you are seriously underestimating Barca and overestimating Bayern. How did they fare last year vs. Real btw. Club that finished 3rd in La Liga.

But first things first. Barca are favorites vs. PSG but they'll have an advantage od playing return leg at home. Glad Ibra won't play at Camp Nou, he'd be extra motivated to score against Barca again.

In this case playing at home really isn't an advantage. PSG, as we should know, is very solid at home, and should they get a result there, well, that would make things immensely difficult for us.

wait, i got it wrong ! we play the first home game :D

We play away first and then home game. Ibra will play at Camp Nou and it does not matter, only thing that matters is silva's form. If he is beast mode it might make things difficult but we are still the favorites.

Last edited:
PSG's schedule
5/04 : Ligue 1
8/04 : French Cup
11/04 : League Cup
12/04 Ligue 1
15/04 : Barça

The lfp, fff and co are so bad, there actually is a chance that they won't move the 12/04 match to another date. Fixture is already moved.

Wrong again, fuck the internet :cussing:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans