CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I'm still in denial guys, been drinking and talking with a promising Tinder prospect :lol:

My eyes are starting to tear out a bit though, we really messed up .. with such a passivity and hopelessness.

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck ! :( :( :(

What happened to the GF you were talking about a couple of weeks ago?

Zachary

Barca always does good as long as the other team doesn't study videos of Barca's recent defeats games, then developing a specific antidote strategy plus training hard using that strategy. If it had worked so well before it should most likely work again. What did Real Sociedad (RS) do? I saw their players immensely motivated, applying energy and anticipation galore in every single play because it's not that hard to see how uncomfortable Barca's players get when the opponent's players get that intense. They cannot deal with that and they lose every divided ball and miss more than half of the passes because they naively think that "the guy won't get there in time"..wrooong, because he does, so yet another broken play. Enter Atletico. I could see their players always getting to the ball before the Barca player, also always getting all the headers from high passes, immaterial of which side made the pass. Multiply that x2 inside the penalty area. Their legs always sticking out before the Barca player's leg gets there, in short, beating the Barca slow po's to the punch every single time. In fact, even on individual dribble, particularly during the first half, they dribbled past our players like if they were playing against the "3a Infantil", which is something that none of our players could do the whole game, particularly the super stars that are supposed to be the most skillful players on earth (Messi, Ney and Suarez) they couldn't dribble past their own shadow with the occasional exception of Don Andres.

If I was the coach I would've develop a program where everybody (and especially the front three) would sit down and look at the RS game video for hours and days if necessary, stop the video as often as necessary and discuss why is this not happening here and how would you... and you... and you, Sr. approach the play so it penetrates better. Questioning why didn't that work? Don't you have natural skills to do better than that? Why didn't you pass there, what are you a retard?. --- Beat them to death with the video and discussions and suggestions (plus hire some football expert outsider(s) to watch with them and suggest solutions and then everybody on to the field to now put ideas into practice against a group of players that have been trained to do exactly what RS was doing or to simply just park the bus and see how we can apply everybody's suggested alternative plays to resolve our moist gun-powder.

And, since Atletico's players were doing exactly what RS did, meaning being far quicker than Barca's, always anticipating and beating them to the punch over and over...have we seen this movie before? Aaah, but this time we were prepared for this because, from so many football brains that were forced to work on this both, mentally and physically, we have developed a few odd and unusual tricks to resolve the losing of divided balls and the lack of scoring and this will give us at least a goal or two and, perhaps, early in the game disappoint those motivated Atletico players enough with something they never expected, plus the fact that's too late for El Cholo to figure out what to do about.

Did Luis Enrique even think that the horrendous inefficiency of our attack in Anoeta was something that needs to be resolved by doing something about it instead of so stupidly saying "but we're still out in front by three and four points and this happens to all teams". What a friggin' retard. Loss to Madrid, loss to RS, along with several previous "squeak-by's", plus the Atletico first leg, although a win, did not show very different from the defeats and he still believed that we don't have a problem. A coach should be like a CEO, as in "the buck stops here" and by himself develop and bring up a solution before they kick our ass at the Champions. -- Are we so sure that we're going to win all of the remaining Liga games with no exceptions? I doubt it. Right now, the way things are, La Liga is anybody's of the top three.

Question17

Missed the match but lets remember that Barcelona is the only UEFA team to have ever won the treble twice in history, tier 1historical teams like Real, Milan haven't even done it once. Were people really of the opinion treble repeat or its a failure? The treble is a crown jewel, ultimate prize of a historical season. Thats an insane standard to live by if thats what defines success. Barcelona can still win the league and copa which would be a great season by any teams standard. It would have been nice to be the fist "modern" repeat winner (I don't believe in this record) but during a knockout stage of this kind of competition having your poorest form and no luck can take you out. It happened to barca there are still plenty of things to fight for.

Co0ter

Barca always does good as long as the other team doesn't study videos of Barca's recent defeats games, then developing a specific antidote strategy plus training hard using that strategy. If it had worked so well before it should most likely work again. What did Real Sociedad (RS) do? I saw their players immensely motivated, applying energy and anticipation galore in every single play because it's not that hard to see how uncomfortable Barca's players get when the opponent's players get that intense. They cannot deal with that and they lose every divided ball and miss more than half of the passes because they naively think that "the guy won't get there in time"..wrooong, because he does, so yet another broken play. Enter Atletico. I could see their players always getting to the ball before the Barca player, also always getting all the headers from high passes, immaterial of which side made the pass. Multiply that x2 inside the penalty area. Their legs always sticking out before the Barca player's leg gets there, in short, beating the Barca slow po's to the punch every single time. In fact, even on individual dribble, particularly during the first half, they dribbled past our players like if they were playing against the "3a Infantil", which is something that none of our players could do the whole game, particularly the super stars that are supposed to be the most skillful players on earth (Messi, Ney and Suarez) they couldn't dribble past their own shadow with the occasional exception of Don Andres.

If I was the coach I would've develop a program where everybody (and especially the front three) would sit down and look at the RS game video for hours and days if necessary, stop the video as often as necessary and discuss why is this not happening here and how would you... and you... and you, Sr. approach the play so it penetrates better. Questioning why didn't that work? Don't you have natural skills to do better than that? Why didn't you pass there, what are you a retard?. --- Beat them to death with the video and discussions and suggestions (plus hire some football expert outsider(s) to watch with them and suggest solutions and then everybody on to the field to now put ideas into practice against a group of players that have been trained to do exactly what RS was doing or to simply just park the bus and see how we can apply everybody's suggested alternative plays to resolve our moist gun-powder.

And, since Atletico's players were doing exactly what RS did, meaning being far quicker than Barca's, always anticipating and beating them to the punch over and over...have we seen this movie before? Aaah, but this time we were prepared for this because, from so many football brains that were forced to work on this both, mentally and physically, we have developed a few odd and unusual tricks to resolve the losing of divided balls and the lack of scoring and this will give us at least a goal or two and, perhaps, early in the game disappoint those motivated Atletico players enough with something they never expected, plus the fact that's too late for El Cholo to figure out what to do about.

Did Luis Enrique even think that the horrendous inefficiency of our attack in Anoeta was something that needs to be resolved by doing something about it instead of so stupidly saying "but we're still out in front by three and four points and this happens to all teams". What a friggin' retard. Loss to Madrid, loss to RS, along with several previous "squeak-by's", plus the Atletico first leg, although a win, did not show very different from the defeats and he still believed that we don't have a problem. A coach should be like a CEO, as in "the buck stops here" and by himself develop and bring up a solution before they kick our ass at the Champions. -- Are we so sure that we're going to win all of the remaining Liga games with no exceptions? I doubt it. Right now, the way things are, La Liga is anybody's of the top three.

Atletico had way more energy and passion.

As far as tactics, nothing really genius about. Whenever Messi, Neymar or Iniesta touched the ball it was an instant 2 on 1 with third lurking in space nearby if needed.

They basically flooded the midfield big time and didn't let the ball get to MSN often; and when they did get the ball they were all utter shit.

MSN were all walking around all game, Neymar woke up a bit in the 70th or so and started running A LITTLE.

I can see being tired, they have got to be after playing so many games..but you are down in the CL knockout second leg and their is no energy and your attacking trio is walking around? I don't know, I just really dont.

Kuchi

A team that concedes that easily at home and has to waste 4-5 chances, before scoring has no chance to win the UCL, at this level a goal can decisively tilt the scale.

Conceding at home, at basically the first chance was mind blowing. No change not so ever tactically after the first few minutes, no reaction to all the fucking red flags, just waiting for atletico to score.

Lucho lost the team tactically, they reverted to a passive, undisciplined way of playing, where they don't press, don't move, don't go for runs.

Sure atletico played well and it's always hard to break them open, but players didn't even try getting into positions that could create danger, was just auto pilot, all along and this is Lucho's fault.

We all know inside this was a great year for a 3-peat, now odds of just getting the Cup are high. To make matters worst, i already see ronaldo lifting the UCL again.

Summing up, this was no accident, it was coming a mile away, but no one, either Lucho or key players even bothered to turn things around (except Suarez), everyone was putting on a fake positive attitude, reminiscing about our form in Oct-Dec last year and hoping we got away with it.

Positive attitude doesn't change shit, reacting tactically changes shit. Don't believe we'll improve, acknowledge you suck atm and change something.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The question is... how does Mascherano have the stamina to run like a madman from the first to the last whistle every game, yet Lio and Neymar are tired.

I just have a few things from the gameplay that kind of irritated me:

Suarez - why doesn't he run back to the midfield to pick up the ball?
Width - Some say the team was forced to play on the wings, didn't look like that to me - I remember quite a few times, there was an option to pass to the middle, but they just rolled it at the wing.
Midfield - What the hell was going on... every time any of our player went to midfield, their first touch, even when completley free, was catastrophic.

Total-Football

A team that concedes that easily at home and has to waste 4-5 chances, before scoring has no chance to win the UCL, at this level a goal can decisively tilt the scale.

Conceding at home, at basically the first chance was mind blowing. No change not so ever tactically after the first few minutes, no reaction to all the fucking red flags, just waiting for atletico to score.

Lucho lost the team tactically, they reverted to a passive, undisciplined way of playing, where they don't press, don't move, don't go for runs.

Sure atletico played well and it's always hard to break them open, but players didn't even try getting into positions that could create danger, was just auto pilot, all along and this is Lucho's fault.

We all know inside this was a great year for a 3-peat, now odds of just getting the Cup are high. To make matters worst, i already see ronaldo lifting the UCL again.

Summing up, this was no accident, it was coming a mile away, but no one, either Lucho or key players even bothered to turn things around (except Suarez), everyone was putting on a fake positive attitude, reminiscing about our form in Oct-Dec last year and hoping we got away with it.

Positive attitude doesn't change shit, reacting tactically changes shit. Don't believe we'll improve, acknowledge you suck atm and change something.

accoring to the vast majority ( especially the messi thread ) .. running and moving isnt important .. when i said that atletico run 14 km more than us someone actually called me having a fetish about running lol

serghei

We weren't at our best. That's clear. But you have to look at the opponents we faced FFS in the last 2 seasons of CL. City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus, Arsenal, Atletico. Together with us and Madrid, those are probably the top 8 clubs in Europe atm.

In order to win 2 back to back CLs you need serious luck with the draw.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
accoring to the vast majority ( especially the messi thread ) .. running and moving isnt important .. when i said that atletico run 14 km more than us someone actually called me having a fetish about running lol

When you think about it, if your team runs 14km less than the opponents by the end of the game, it's almost like missing 2 players.

Total-Football

When you think about it, if your team runs 14km less than the opponents by the end of the game, it's almost like missing 2 players.

man preach .. those were exactly my words in the early pages after the game .. grizman run 11.6 their midfielders run 12 km all of em .. crazy ass numbers .. if you dont much their intensity than you are in trouble .. the way messi is playing right now ( emotions aside ) he's a burden .. contributes to nothing at all .. ney and suarez having a bad form but still you can feel they can pull out something out of the hat .. messi was a zombir yesterday .. he run 7.01 km ( couple of meter from reaching the 6.9 km mark ) .. it's hilarious .. the whole team came to life when Roberto and Arda came in .. not because they are better players than their comrades but because physically we matched them at that moment ..

mikia14

Should have bought a sub for the three upfront. Having the likes of Munir as backup just shows to prove that this team shouldn't be allowed near the top 4

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
man preach .. those were exactly my words in the early pages after the game .. grizman run 11.6 their midfielders run 12 km all of em .. crazy ass numbers .. if you dont much their intensity than you are in trouble .. the way messi is playing right now ( emotions aside ) he's a burden .. contributes to nothing at all .. ney and suarez having a bad form but still you can feel they can pull out something out of the hat .. messi was a zombir yesterday .. he run 7.01 km ( couple of meter from reaching the 6.9 km mark ) .. it's hilarious .. the whole team came to life when Roberto and Arda came in .. not because they are better players than their comrades but because physically we matched them at that moment ..

Where do you even get the km run stats?

I usually remember some from the game that are shown, but never have found any site containing them... I'm probably blind, but I haven't seen them @ whoscored nor squawka or even uefas own page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans