CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Our biggest problem is, we don't boss the MF anymore, like we did when Xavi and Iniesta played at their peak!

+ Dani Alves who is too old now to be winger + defender

It wasnt a big problem when we won 5 trophies in 2015 and went 39 games unbeaten.
Fatigue and lack of depth is our main issue. Midfield will be better with Denis and Rafinha joining.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Our biggest problem is, we don't boss the MF anymore, like we did when Xavi and Iniesta played at their peak!

+ Dani Alves who is too old now to be winger + defender

We managed to win many games without controlling the midfield, this team is all about MSN and now that MSN's form has dipped and we have no one on the bench who could be subbed and help to score goals - we are screwed. And we can't bring anyone because no top player would want sit on the bench like 90% of the time.

raskolnikov

We managed to win many games without controlling the midfield, this team is all about MSN and now that MSN's form has dipped and we have no one on the bench who could be subbed and help to score goals - we are screwed. And we can't bring anyone because no top player would want sit on the bench like 90% of the time.

Which is why we need to change that, msn resting and being subbed off like everyone else allows plenty of minutes for a fourth player, gives us a great sub and a fresh msn come april.
They wont like it but the greater good of the team comes first.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Which is why we need to change that, msn resting and being subbed off like everyone else allows plenty of minutes for a fourth player, gives us a great sub and a fresh msn come april.
They wont like it but the greater good of the team comes first.

Lucho should do that, but Neymar and Messi are like little kids, they will get angry, they want to play every game.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Yeah, the problem with our collapse is that 1/3 of our squad isn't even useful. They are just spectators on the bench at this point.

Verm
Douglas
Adriano
Sandro
Bartra
Munir (loan)

All these players need to go this summer and we desperately need to bring in some youth players.

It's actually astonishing at the lack of youth quality we have on our team.

Look at that Atletico team youth: Vietto, Carrasco, Saul, Giminez, Oliver Torres, Oblak, Koke and even Partay looks promising.

Are you kidding me? Our quality in youth and squad depth doesn't even come close to this.

If we don't do something about this in the summer, the 2016-2017 season is going to be a painful one indeed. Our squad continues to age and tire but we have no youth to turn to energize our squad for the latter parts in of the season.

yep we should shake up our bench, I hope after this the board will realize that spending all transfer budget on one CB is a stupid idea.

raskolnikov

Lucho should do that, but Neymar and Messi are like little kids, they will get angry, they want to play every game.

Suarez as well. He hates being subbed and takes it as an insult but he should just sit down with them and explain why its necesary to rotate them smartly.
There is no harm in subbing 1/2 of them off in a rainy getafe away game where we lead 0-3 after 60 min.

Devils

Well Messi has been the one who has said a million times he doesn't care about personal achievements and cares what's best for the team.

Surely he of all people should understand that him sacrificing some goals and assists during a season and resting a few games or being subbed off occasionally is that is best for the team.

JackaL

No futbolista would wand to sit out a game. Everybody wants to play, it's what you are there for. That's why is not easy to bench either one of MSN. This is not just the case for Barca but almost for every team. A manager knows how fast the locker room atmosphere (mainly team spirit, dynamics in the team among the superstars and soldiers etc.) can change when key players are benched. It takes a lot of people skills to balance this thing. What we are writing here is much more theoretic than the real world out on the field. Take Xavi, we only benched him in his last season when he really was at the end of his career at Barca. We went on with him although we knew he wasn't the old Xavi. It's not as easy as it sounds on paper.

gasgas

Goodluck with that plan of playing Nolito :)lol:), dembele :lol: mahrez :lol:
And sending Messi to the bench,
Or Neymar to the bench,
Or Suarez to the bench

The only alternative that could work I think would be to sit one of them out in favor of a midfield based formation, then sub among themselves.
E.g suarez neymar start, messi comes as a sub for one of them.

JackaL

The only alternative is to buy a player than can actually compete with these guys from time to time. Even then it is super tough because that guy would want to have much more time and would be pissed off after being benched all the time. Either it is a 30 years old super joker who has no problem with being benched (even Pedro had a problem although he couldn't really prove himself when playing), or we stick with these guys.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Next day and I'm not pissed at all anymore. It was only a matter of time before we crashed out with how fatigued our team is right now. How do people think we would cope with Real and Bayern's attack when we get thrashed by a defensive team like Atletico? It could've turned out even uglier if we advanced, but at least this way we gave Atletico a chance to get their revenge and they're nowhere near as fatigued, so I'm glad they got to the semis. Good luck to them!

Iarwain

a2w53.png

barcafan161

Next day and I'm not pissed at all anymore. It was only a matter of time before we crashed out with how fatigued our team is right now. How do people think we would cope with Real and Bayern's attack when we get thrashed by a defensive team like Atletico? It could've turned out even uglier if we advanced, but at least this way we gave Atletico a chance to get their revenge and they're nowhere near as fatigued, so I'm glad they got to the semis. Good luck to them!

I owe you an apology

you were right last week with how the team looked..it was no fluke. we look psychically drained

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I owe you an apology

you were right last week with how the team looked..it was no fluke. we look psychically drained

No problem. To be honest, I didn't want to believe it myself. I had hoped that the people who said that we were just saving ourselves for the more important games were right. Sadly, it didn't work out that way. I just hope we can hold on to the league and play well in the cup final. We will get some more rest now at least.

serghei

Why do people use the Atletico game to say what would have happened vs Real Madrid and Bayern? Atletico is the most in form team in Europe atm. Didn't they beat Madrid at home not long ago? And please, Bayern should have been out vs Juventus if not for the refs helping them stay alive in the tie. And Atletico is better than Juventus. They should have been out earlier than us FFS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans