CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

JohnS

I say this without an malice but the sense of entitlement of Barcelona and their fans is unbelievable. They think they just have to show up and the other teams will shit their trousers and say"we are doomed ,it's Barcelona" It doesn't work like that. Roma gave everything and got what they deserved. Barca need to learn how to scrap for a win

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
One of the most humiliating Barca losses ever.

Because of the lead we had, because of the average quality of the opponent (at least by CL standards) but most importantly because the lack of fighting spirit, desire, heart shown by everyone.

This was like getting clubbed repeatedly for 90 mins knowing that one of those blows will be deadly and just doing nothing. No one did anything. The manager was the worse, but no player showed courage, anger, something to wake the team up. Something to prevent the inevitable death. I can accept defeat but I cannot accept lack of heart.

Absolutely shameful the way we lost.

LMessi85

Just woke up and still can't believe we gave the lead away against the worst team left in the CL. I don't even care for the league anymore.
We haven't been in the semis for years. Just unbelieveable for a club of the stature of Barca with Messi. Just watch Real getting their 3rd CL in 4 years.....They aren't giving 3-0 away against a stronger team than Roma. We on the other hand....

Last edited:
[youtube]frMsSmcOYnA[/youtube]

Watching this video cheered me up a bit.

Truly the last time Barca had that magical aura about them. The first half of 15/16 was also pretty great.

We haven't come close to that level of dominance since.

KingLeo10

[youtube]frMsSmcOYnA[/youtube]

Watching this video cheered me up a bit.

Truly the last time Barca had that magical aura about them. The first half of 15/16 was also pretty great.

We haven't come close to that level of dominance since.

the only non world class player in that 11 was rakitic and even he had a great impact that season. sad times we are in indeed.

beck123

Banned
Sack Valverde. I can't recognize this team ... Iniesta ....

And Madridiots i see them going to final ... Fuck.

Keep winning in farmers league. :nasser::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1: and in UCL you'll be forever the punching bag.

Anyway, Barca need a new midfield, there is no way Messi play alone again next season.

Don Andrésº8

valverde still not sacked, unbelivable, one of the worst defeats that barca ever got, its fuking embarrasing really, since september im saying that valverde is not the right man to the job ,you can see it as barca plays, we dont see a style, nothing, its messi and more 10 players. Since last year i only asked the board to bring sarri, but they think they know about football and brought valverde instead wtf, valverde...no words

gun-powder

I cant believe barca playing to draw ,valverdi make us a small team he thinks coaching bilbao not barcelona , I wish him to be sacked to day and bartemou resign as well

LMessi85

valverde still not sacked, unbelivable, one of the worst defeats that barca ever got, its fuking embarrasing really, since september im saying that valverde is not the right man to the job ,you can see it as barca plays, we dont see a style, nothing, its messi and more 10 players. Since last year i only asked the board to bring sarri, but they think they know about football and brought valverde instead wtf, valverde...no words

but...but... we were unbeaten for so long (sarcasm). I agree with you! These CL matches are more important than having an unbeaten streak.

malvolio

One of the most humiliating Barca losses ever.

Because of the lead we had, because of the average quality of the opponent (at least by CL standards) but most importantly because the lack of fighting spirit, desire, heart shown by everyone.

Absolutely shameful the way we lost.

This. What the hell happened last night? It's like they did it on purpose for 90 mins and woke up when shit got real.

Unbeaten in La Liga who currently has a lower coefficient than EPL this year and possibly the next.

Chelsea could've knocked Barca out if Willian was a bit luckier.

Pique - too slow and weak defensively
Umtiti - too slow defensively and too greedy
Alba - too small and weak defensively. Too left footed.
Messi - presidential exemption from playing defense

the whole team is too reliant on the Camp Nou crowd to play aggressive defense for UCL.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans