CL Quarter Finals: Roma - Barca (4-4 agg.)

chik

Tonight I watched Barcelona's biggest embarrassing. Where is the attacking football by which Barça is recognized. This is not Barcelona, to which I am a fan. Valverde set up a cowardly tactic. It's anti-futbal. Murinho does it. Barça must not defend the result in this way. For the first time, the opposing team has a bigger possession of the ball than Barse. Does anyone remember when this happened the last time? The Barcelona I love does not exist anymore. The strongest team in the history of the football has disappeared. Unfortunately for all of us fans. Since Bartomeu has become president, Barcelona has begun to collapse. There are no more players from the barcelona football school. They give hundreds of millions to players who do not use that much. Change Bartomeu and Valverdea and create players in your school. Only this can bring back the Barça glitter that deserves.

eaman

Absolute disgrace. If he was trying to soak up pressure and hit them on the counter to get the away goal then you have to play dembele from the start. I think he's the type who would have been happy with a nil all boring defensive non cohesive game and that came back to bite him. Valverde has to go now or you might just see Messi looking for pep to come get him. Messi deserves a manager who will play the game he needs to win another champions league

To think that I wanted to see the City vs Liverpool game. Almost missed a classic.

You're the man. I'll never say something bad about QSG ever again.
I was the same, i was just about the watch the liverpool game and last second i decided to watch the barca game to see our boys play.. I have never seen barca dominated like this before, not a single proper chance on net, that is purely because of valverdes defensive tactics... he tried to defend the lead, something barca hasnt done for years and against a team of romas calibre, and we got destroyed... if he went on playing the ussual barcelona style, attacking, dominating possesion this would have nnever have happened

booge

Barca seems to play scared. I think Messi should be dropped and the team told to grow some balls.

They seem to play through Messi way to often.

Players need to learn how to take on players lol.

Like I said Barca play scared. Easy to defend against them. Only Messi's brilliance has been unlocking teams.

It's been like that for atleast 4-5 years.

The last time they did not play scared was when they won with Neymar in his first season. Him and Suarez did quite abit on thier own.

Need to learn a system without Messi then add Messi back in.

He could do with a rest before the WC anyroads.

PhilS

It's easy to blame the manager. Regardless of how much blame he deserves for this game, the players lost the game.

The Pique-Umtitti partnership has been one of the great strengths of the team this year. Not today, Dzeko owned them.

Iniesta showed real limitations today with his strength and energy.

Messi, Suarez, the entire offense, getting shut out by a team that up to now has not shown great defense, this is a real failure.

Bad day today. But if this team ends the year going out in the round of 8 in CL, winning Liga, winning Copa, I will congratulate them all, players and manager, for a job well done. I never would have predicted such a successful season given the timing of Neymar's departure.

Givenchy

It's easy to blame the manager. Regardless of how much blame he deserves for this game, the players lost the game.

The Pique-Umtitti partnership has been one of the great strengths of the team this year. Not today, Dzeko owned them.

Iniesta showed real limitations today with his strength and energy.

Messi, Suarez, the entire offense, getting shut out by a team that up to now has not shown great defense, this is a real failure.

Bad day today. But if this team ends the year going out in the round of 8 in CL, winning Liga, winning Copa, I will congratulate them all, players and manager, for a job well done. I never would have predicted such a successful season given the timing of Neymar's departure.

usually I'd agree, managers always seem to get the blame but no.. EV deserves all the blame hes getting. not making a sub at half time even after seeing that first half? not sure how anyone can defend that.

bring on Paulinho for some strength in midfield, Bob off for Dembele - some actual speed which were lacking

Devils

I don't really give a fuck about any other team right now or who will stop Real...

Who cares anymore?

I'm sitting here wondering how our manager (who is finished) and our players could do that? They have sat by the last two years and watched Real Madrid claim this trophy back-to-back and this was their response.

Not an ounce of tactical discipline, not an ounce of fight, not an ounce of motivation.

If these idiots (manager and players) are not going to take this competition seriously, then fuck off to a club that doesn't compete in the CL.

The press conference after we claim the league title, I want EV's resignation.

Givenchy

I don't really give a fuck about any other team right now or who will stop Real...

Who cares anymore?

I'm sitting here wondering how our manager (who is finished) and our players could do that? They have sat by the last two years and watched Real Madrid claim this trophy back-to-back and this was their response.

Not an ounce of tactical discipline, not an ounce of fight, not an ounce of motivation.

If these idiots (manager and players) are not going to take this competition seriously, then fuck off to a club that doesn't compete in the CL.

The press conference after we claim the league title, I want EV's resignation.

Messi, Pique, Suarez, Busi, Raki, Alba etc have won everything at club level (the Spanish contingent have won everything in football) so theres no question a lack of desire and motivation.. Pique shows this the most imo, mostly against minnows he thinks just turning up is enough but he does usually turn up in the big games. why Madrid seem ever hungry is something I can't answer. I love the guy but giving Iniesta the captains armband just compounds this lack of fight.

eaman

Do you know what I don't think Bayern would spank us in the semis if we got there. It's like we get more up for games playing the big teams this year and certainly seem to defend better. It was valverdes fault mostly but maybe being 4 1 up against an ok team like Roma made some of those players too comfortable and they couldn't get going. Also I knew Roma would be tricky especially the way we have being playing and I said that on this forum. Maybe some of ye should keep yere thoughts of how easy it was going to be to yourselves and not jinx the team

Last edited:

Much2soon

Do you know what I don't think Bayern would spank us in the semis if we got there. It's like we get more up for games playing the big teams this year and certainly seem to defend better. It was valverdes fault mostly but maybe being 4 1 up against an ok team like Roma made some of those players too comfortable and they couldn't get going

Should have gave them the two penalties they should have got from the first leg then maybe we’d be more up for it.

Home of Barca Fans