CL | Quarter Final - 1st leg: Juventus - FC Barcelona 3-0

LMessi85

Mathieu (not barca material) and Sergi Roberto (not a defender) playing left and right back. WTF. Quit with this BS. Our backline isn't good already and enrique puts them next to Umtiti and Pique?! Our backline is so frustrating in recent years. I miss Puyol. Our keeper and backline should be solid but they're nowhere near solid. Juve is the other way around. Buffon (top class keeper) and their backline is so solid. They even have a backup called Barzagli. Very good defenders. So NO, we're not turning around this game at home like we did against PSG. And be honest, do you want this to turn around and get annihilated by the likes of Bayern?

Our front 3 is the best attacking line in the world when in form. But if you have half a squad that's not top class or playing solid you can forget about advancing or winning anything. We need a new coach and some new players. We have to get rid of some players too (paco, gomes, mathieu). It was laughable that our friend Gomes was subbed in. C'mon, seriously? Is that the best we can do? Sub him in? Messi has helped us a lot this year but it's over for this year (CL and League).

LMessi85

Because our team needs major changes over the summer and progressing against Juventus would be like covering a bullet would with a band-aid. Why shouldn't we want to progress? Our midfield and defence would get slaughtered going against Bayern in the semis.

Our attacking trio is good enough to carry us to wins in most games and that has made our incompetent coach and sporting direct neglected cracks in our midfield and defence that are now turning into fissures. If we did not have MSN quality in our attack we would be Manchester United level this season.

Also our assistant coach is strongly being considered to take over next season where it's quite clear we can't continue using these same ideas. Both Lucho and Unzue need to go.

Couldn't have said it better. Bravo.

El Flaco

Rio Ferdinand's critcism on Barca after our loss last night.

Talking in his role as a pundit on BT Sport, he said: "There’s a lot of players there that you think to yourself they couldn’t have got in the Barcelona team three years ago -- too many names to mention.

"There are five or six in this team who shouldn’t even be putting on the shirt. The way that they played -- the intensity, the quality. They’re not on the same planet and these are the players who have really got to feed the front three and are not getting the ball to them quick enough.

"And defensively they don’t look like they’ve got any individuals in there who want to defend. Collectively they’re not doing it. This team don’t press like the Barcelona team did under Pep Guardiola. These guys look like they don’t have any idea or desire to want to press."

https://streamable.com/feeai
http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...rutal-assessment-number-barca-players-5969772

MIXA

No need to stress people. I have come up with an ingenious solution to save the season. So here it is:

1. Unzue should announce that he is leaving this weekend. This will spur the players on to mount another comeback. You know, give him a good send off, that sort of thing.
2. After we are trailing in the 1st leg of the semi-finals, Robert should announce that he is leaving. This will pave the way for our third comeback of the season.
3. And finally, after we are trailing at half time in the Champions League final…..(and this really is the crescendo of my plan)…..Barto should announce that he is leaving! 45 mins later, we will once again be champions of Europe. As easy as can be.

serghei

If we look at the squad, we should be top 4 in Europe, only Bayern and Madrid have better squads, and not necessarily better first elevens.

Altetico Madrid and Juve have worse squads than us. But Simeone and Allegri are skilled managers. I've supported Lucho a lot, but it's very clear that he is the main culprit here. This team should play better than it does.

Last edited:

Meatball

No need to stress people. I have come up with an ingenious solution to save the season. So here it is:

1. Unzue should announce that he is leaving this weekend. This will spur the players on to mount another comeback. You know, give him a good send off, that sort of thing.
2. After we are trailing in the 1st leg of the semi-finals, Robert should announce that he is leaving. This will pave the way for our third comeback of the season.
3. And finally, after we are trailing at half time in the Champions League final…..(and this really is the crescendo of my plan)…..Barto should announce that he is leaving! 45 mins later, we will once again be champions of Europe. As easy as can be.

+1, nice try, bro!

F

FlaFCB

It just really dawned on me that licho started mathieu in a CL quarter final... :rofl1:

I mean, wtf? :lol:

How dumb one has to be to do that? Mathieu, ffs! With Alba and Digne on the bench...

There were so much better alternatives than this one. Licho should resign just for that :lucho2:

SeloBarca

I really don't understand why some fans would not want their team to make it to the next round.

You guys act as if this Barca team is useless. Did you guys not have the most spectacular comeback just a while ago?

Honestly, as a fan I always want my team to win. I honestly feel dumbfounded by some of the responses here.

We are in a loss-loss situation and has been for so long time now we are getting tired of it.

1. We go through by a miracle and win CL. All the problems gets swept under the rugg and nothing changes when the team needs a huge overhaul pretty much all over the field.
2. We loose League and CL, the club maybe, just maybe, realizes we need alot of changes and actually puts effort into it instead of signing hasbeens.

Noone wants our team to be bad and loose, but at this stage its almost for the better. But then we are not really hopeful in our club managing to sign the right players in the summer.

kilian

Barca players ran almost 10 km less than Juventus players. That`s a disgrace. No intensity, no nothing. A bunch of pussies.

Home of Barca Fans