CL | Quarter Final - 1st leg: Juventus - FC Barcelona 3-0

bismp

We were horrible,but we didn't deserve such a scoreline...They were extremely clinical in front of goal

Windhook

THIS is true. However Lucho has rotated alot so why are these guys tired?

I think it's more mental then physical.

I still think it is more physical than mental. And I believe it's more of a momentary thing, the squad put a lot of effort to get back in that Malaga game, which was a mistake. Iniesta is losing focus, Andre Gomes is probably the worst signing since Alex Song... Also I must congratulate the Juventus staff for the tactical scouting, because their players knew all of Neymar's movements and those of Iniesta (due to Dani Alves' presence). Messi was the only unpredictable player on the pitch, as usual. We also had some positives like Umtiti and Sergi Roberto's performances.

Morten

I dont understand this Barcelona side, do they just make it up as they to along? Talking about setpieces specifically, they know that setpieces is a weakness, yet no one marks the posts. They put Mascherano on Chiellini, why?

dakt

Figured he was too late to cover Khedira and also saw Pique making the run so he moved to the center to cut the lane for a backpass to Higuain.

Figured wrong. If you don't trust that your teammates can handle the situation and you leave to opponent an open space in front of the goal...

KingLeo10

I dont understand this Barcelona side, do they just make it up as they to along? Talking about setpieces specifically, they know that setpieces is a weakness, yet no one marks the posts. They put Mascherano on Chiellini, why?

management and coach are subpar, and much of the team has checked out and begun resting on laurels since the start of 2016. this is yet another case study in decline , we're in madrid mid 00s territory.

Morten

management and coach are subpar, and much of the team has checked out and begun resting on laurels since the start of 2016. this is yet another case study in decline , we're in madrid mid 00s territory.

Not that i really care, but basic mistakes like this, at this level, triggers me a bit.
There has to be zero communication and planning when it comes to setpieces for things like these to happen.

serghei

We're not in Madrid mid 00s territory, but this train that we're on surely leads there. We're making the same mistakes they did.

JamDav1982

We're not in Madrid mid 00s territory, but this train that we're on surely leads there. We're making the same mistakes they did.

It is nowhere near that.

A new manager with fresh ideas could have Barca as best in world again. Still huge quality in squad and a few areas to be addressed but a lot of quality there to work with.

serghei

It is nowhere near that.

A new manager with fresh ideas could have Barca as best in world again. Still huge quality in squad and a few areas to be addressed but a lot of quality there to work with.

Huge quality in some positions, sure, but some holes as well, and the holes are in the wrong places. Most importantly, it doesn't seem that the dudes in charge realize what the problems are.

JamDav1982

Huge quality in some positions, sure, but some holes as well, and the holes are in the wrong places. Most importantly, it doesn't seem that the dudes in charge realize what the problems are.

Holes but nothing impossible.

The midfield is the biggest issue but dont need to find the next Xavi just upgrade on the shit that is there which is not that difficult really. On top of that a new manager with fresh ideas can make a huge difference.

Devils

We need three top signings (two midfielders and and rightback) and we can go back to competing against the best in Europe.

We need 2 more decent (CB and forward) in addition to the top signings to be considered the most elite club in the world.

We can compensate for the CB signings with possibly promoting Marlon and the forward with bringing in Munir/Deulofeu.

It's the top signings that I have zero faith in our incompetent sporting director to make....how the hell can you trust a guy like Robert to bring in a top midfielders and a top RB?

Home of Barca Fans